Whalley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whalley

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The longer you let Ollie destroy it the harder it gets. You've made yourself clear that Ollie is the only person who can ever coach UConn and your act is incredibly dumb and beyond old. Not going through this again with you.

Ever since last March, I have been on record saying Ollie should be gone without a tourney birth. Ever since the Arkansas game, I've been treating his departure as a foregone conclusion. Anyone is welcome to search my posting history to verify this.

No, what's incredibly dumb is your belief that some coach coming from anywhere between the A10 to America East to lead a UConn program in the ACC is going to result in the same kind of success we had in the greatest conference ever with the greatest coach ever.

You're going to have a breakdown 5-10 years from now, when John Becker hasn't produced a single lottery pick or made it past the first weekend of the tournament once. Let me know what hospital you're checked into; I'll send you flowers.

Reaction Score
Whaley was great. Clogged up the middle, positioned himself correctly, and stayed out of foul trouble. This kid is going to be a rock solid 4 man for us.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You think this program is going to ever get the kind of players they did in JC’s heyday again? Pass me your pipe.
Maybe we can get players that will make us respectable? That'd be a nice start.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Ever since last March, I have been on record saying Ollie should be gone without a tourney birth. Ever since the Arkansas game, I've been treating his departure as a foregone conclusion. Anyone is welcome to search my posting history to verify this.

No, what's incredibly dumb is your belief that some coach coming from anywhere between the A10 to America East to lead a UConn program in the ACC is going to result in the same kind of success we had in the greatest conference ever with the greatest coach ever.

You're going to have a breakdown 5-10 years from now, when John Becker hasn't produced a single lottery pick or made it past the first weekend of the tournament once. Let me know what hospital you're checked into; I'll send you flowers.
You keep repeating this same BS like anyone is expecting JC levels of success going forward. All we want is to make the tournament every year, and there's no reason why the right coach can't do that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You keep repeating this same BS like anyone is expecting JC levels of success going forward. All we want is to make the tournament every year, and there's no reason why the right coach can't do that.

No, the constant JC comparisons tell the real story.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No, the constant JC comparisons tell the real story.
Well it's a natural comparison, especially for Ollie. The man did replace JC, and was hand picked by JC. I'm sure he's taught the fan base just a little bit about future expectations. Every coach in our history will be compared to JC, it's very general proof.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom