Whaley open to coming back? | The Boneyard

Whaley open to coming back?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Why is this even possible? Is it because of the shutdown in March?

Reaction Score
Why is this even possible? Is it because of the shutdown in March?
Where have you been? Not on the Boneyard, I guess! :)

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Where have you been? Not on the Boneyard, I guess! :)

I’ve been in a cave since March 13, waiting for Big East media day.

Reaction Score
yes last years' freshmen, sophomores, and juniors were granted an extra year of eligibility, but not the seniors like Vital that had their final season cut short. not sure why they got screwed.
I don't think this is the case, it's not related to last season. It's that this upcoming season doesn't count towards your eligibility, so this year's freshmen through seniors get the extra year

Reaction Score
I don't think this is the case, it's not related to last season. It's that this upcoming season doesn't count towards your eligibility, so this year's freshmen through seniors get the extra year
that's...weird. we could wind up with a full season granted the abbreviated OOC schedule but that's infinitely better than not being able to play in conference tourneys or march madness.

Reaction Score
that's...weird. we could wind up with a full season granted the abbreviated OOC schedule but that's infinitely better than not being able to play in conference tourneys or march madness.
Football and the fall sports are being treated the same way. I think the logic is with all the stopping and starting it's not gonna feel like a true season. Or maybe they just don't want to force kids to feel like they have to play if they don't want to risk it

Reaction Score
Football and the fall sports are being treated the same way. I think the logic is with all the stopping and starting it's not gonna feel like a true season. Or maybe they just don't want to force kids to feel like they have to play if they don't want to risk it
The NCAA said that is the reason. Makes some sense. Edit: Found a little more. I wasn't right.

Calhoun said the council didn't want athletes opting to redshirt this year because of fears that their seasons might be cut short or otherwise negatively impacted by the pandemic.

"We felt it was important to make this decision now so student-athletes had the peace of mind to go into this season and compete," Calhoun told ESPN on Wednesday. "They know they can regain that eligibility and have their clock automatically extended, so they're not taking that chance on the front end if they choose to compete."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yes last years' freshmen, sophomores, and juniors were granted an extra year of eligibility, but not the seniors like Vital that had their final season cut short. not sure why they got screwed.
So I guess Carlton can stay too?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Has there been any mention of how this affects the scholarships available for the 2021-2024 incoming classes? Theoretically if all the players decide to stay on for the extra year I would imagine that will eat up potentially available scholarships that are used to recruit future classes.

Reaction Score
Has there been any mention of how this affects the scholarships available for the 2021-2024 incoming classes? Theoretically if all the players decide to stay on for the extra year I would imagine that will eat up potentially available scholarships that are used to recruit future classes.
I cannot find anything on how the NCAA is treating scholarship numbers. They must have thought about this. Maybe they're waiting for a later date to announce that piece of the new legislation.

Gonna stink to be a freshman if you committed to a school because you thought some or all of the seniors were leaving and then in the spring you find out they're not.

Reaction Score
Kinda tricky with seniors. New recruits signed and ready, could have become a clusterfark.

COVID victims for sure, but many played for 4 seasons so they 'got it in', so to speak. Also remember the schools celebrated Senior Night just in time.

As for underclassmen, they have been shortchanged on training, practicing, playing, etc..

If it were up to me, I'd grant another year to underclassmen (Whaley included) only if they graduate (certificated). But I'm a dad.

Reaction Score
I cannot find anything on how the NCAA is treating scholarship numbers. They must have thought about this. Maybe they're waiting for a later date to announce that piece of the new legislation.

Gonna stink to be a freshman if you committed to a school because you thought some or all of the seniors were leaving and then in the spring you find out they're not.
I am pretty sure I read that any players sticking around for an extra year would not count against scholarship limits. Not sure about roster size limits though. And obviously the schools would still need to fund the scholarships.

Reaction Score
and polley
If they all come back, no excuse for not using full court pressure most of the game on the defensive end. And, lots more fouls to give.

Plus, it give the new players a chance in practice to go against seasoned players.

I do appreciate the frustration for the new players, but it could up the game for them, and if they are that good, they still will get playing time.

Definitely need clarification from the NCAA on how it will impact future scholarship allocation.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not saying it feels like he’s been here forever, but his freshman year feels like it was a lifetime ago. Darkest days for the program to today. Competing for BE titles

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Do this years seniors still get an extra scholarship for next year as grad students if they decide to stay?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure I read that any players sticking around for an extra year would not count against scholarship limits. Not sure about roster size limits though. And obviously the schools would still need to fund the scholarships.
And find minutes for everyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom