Whaley- 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Whaley- 0 pts, 0 reb, 0 ast

Reaction Score
I'll give him a pass and chaulk it up to him maybe not feeling well. Otherwise, hard to explain a game with no stats except a block.

Reaction Score
Isaiah hasn’t been as good as he was last year on the defensive end. Seems to bite on pump fakes a lot more leading to fouls

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What exactly is your point?
That Richie Springs outplayed him?*

* Relax, relax… It’s a joke!

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think the issue is that is wasn't really Whaley, but apparently a stand-in. (anyone know who that's a picture of? looks like maybe a 'Nova jersey?)
IMG_0216.jpg

Reaction Score
I guess they could have gone with Akok at the 5, but it was after Sanogo picked up his 2nd so one of them needed to play with 2

It was unrealistic, but I was hoping to see either Johnson or Springs get some first half PT once both Sanogo and Whaley had 2 fouls.

As far as Whaley's struggles this season, injuries and medical situations we're unaware of could be at play. I still contend though that the massive change in role is having some effect. Spending your whole career as a 5/traditional 4 and then being sent out to play on the perimeter has to throw a guy for a loop.

He'll still come up big for us many times this season. His huge performance in the Bahamas was not his swan song.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
many of us, playing along at home, and when a situation looks like 'time for a sub,' like to guess who should be coming in. when, i think it was adama, picked up a foul, the situation demanded a sub. instantly, and understanding a bit aboot coach's program thinking, i thought isaiah was the pick. he was.
isaiah is fine, and as mentioned by someone here earlier, an important component for winning team defense. forget his stats, just watch the flow.

Reaction Score
Obviously this was a particularly bad offensive game for Whaley, but he played a lot of solid defense in the second half.

That said, unless IW becomes a better shooter from 3 pt, I don't think he should be a starter on this team at this point in the year, and I suspect DH will make a change soon. He was knocking some 3's down early in the year, but it's clearly just not a strength for him.

It's a much better offensive team with Akok or Polley in the 4 spot giving Sanogo another good outlet and a better drive threat. Whaley should be playing backup 5, and 4 on occasion right now.

He is also solid if you get zone looks and need someone to spot up at the free throw line, but I don't think we'll see much zone in the Big East this year.

Reaction Score
Obviously this was a particularly bad offensive game for Whaley, but he played a lot of solid defense in the second half.

That said, unless IW becomes a better shooter from 3 pt, I don't think he should be a starter on this team at this point in the year, and I suspect DH will make a change soon. He was knocking some 3's down early in the year, but it's clearly just not a strength for him.

It's a much better offensive team with Akok or Polley in the 4 spot giving Sanogo another good outlet and a better drive threat. Whaley should be playing backup 5, and 4 on occasion right now.

He is also solid if you get zone looks and need someone to spot up at the free throw line, but I don't think we'll see much zone in the Big East this year.
His release from 3 actually looked a little better last night, but everything just rattled out. I'm predicting a comeback tomorrow night for IW.

Reaction Score
I thought Whaley moved better on defense this game and played solid stretches of defense.

I didn't get bring him in late in the 2nd half. I know Johnson is raw and young, but I thought when there was 34 or 44 seconds until the final tv timeout for the half, it would be a good time to give him a minute. The worst, he stinks it up and you take him out a possession later when you get the timeout or he buys you a few minutes and gets a bit of experience.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m not sure what his role is on this team. With Martin, Jackson and Sanogo we have enough grit and rebounding. Makes more sense to have Polley take those minutes to spread the floor and provide some shotmaking.

Reaction Score
I suspect we will see a better performance for the return game at Butler.

Reaction Score
That Richie Springs outplayed him?*

* Relax, relax… It’s a joke!
I don’t know where the minutes would come from for Richie, but I always liked him. He’s really good around the rim and he has a pretty good build. He can get after you on defense too. To me, he could be the definition of a good Hurley role player.
Chief will always remember Richie as a voice of reason within the Bouknight inner circle. For James sake, I wish we had more of those.

Reaction Score
Sometimes when you have depth, youre going to see some games where guys dont put up the numbers you would expect. Everybody cant play up to their season averages every single game. Charlie Villanueva scored 0 points in the National Championship game vs Ga Tech. Not comparing Whaley to CV, but It just goes to show that not everybody can go off at once. That stat always surprised me because that game was a blowout.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm being too insecure, but I'm taking this thread as a dig against me starting Whaley last night in @MyDorona's Big East Fantasy Basketball League.
Ouch. Sanogo's been killing it for me. Averaging 19/16/1/0.7/4 on 51% shooting over last 2 weeks. (Only the FT% killing me).

Reaction Score
Ouch. Sanogo's been killing it for me. Averaging 19/16/1/0.7/4 on 51% shooting over last 2 weeks. (Only the FT% killing me).
I'm so pissed I drafted Nate Watson over Sanogo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tbh, that 51% should be higher considering where he's shooting from. He might miss more bunnies than Martin.

Reaction Score
Tbh, that 51% should be higher considering where he's shooting from. He might miss more bunnies than Martin.
Tbh, he draws a lot of attention and always has 1 or 2 guys all over him. I'm thrilled that he has been passing out of double teams recently. The passing and blocked shots are both recent additions to his skillset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom