Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It's not Tennessee's job to help UConn. It's asinine to Geno to think they would.

Had Tennessee wanted to block her transfer, they had grounds to do so. They didn't and they have moved on.

As Evina said, Sorry Not Sorry.

Yeah right. Like blocking a waiver in this environment is really an option. Fulmer is not that dumb and certainly not as dumb as some of you fans.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Yeah right. Like blocking a waiver in this environment is really an option. Fulmer is not that dumb and certainly not as dumb as some of you fans.

Yes, we are the dumbs ones. Y’all are saying she needs to sue the NCAA because she got denied. Yep, we are the dumbs ones.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Coach Harper comments On Geno Auriemma's recent comments:
"From my view point, I'm obviously only here now, and the 12 players I'm working with now are bought in. They play hard, they practice hard, they have good team chemistry. So from my viewpoint, Tennessee is a great place to be a student athlete."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Coach Harper comments On Geno Auriemma's recent comments:
"From my view point, I'm obviously only here now, and the 12 players I'm working with now are bought in. They play hard, they practice hard, they have good team chemistry. So from my viewpoint, Tennessee is a great place to be a student athlete."

That wasn't the best quote from that article.

"We have a great team and we love our coaches," Brown said.
"It's a good environment for us now, for us here.

Reaction Score
There is no "rule" here to apply "equally", hence the problem. Subjectivity elicits bias, perception, and interpretation. "Equal" (as opposed to "identical") treatment is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, every transfer should sit a year, including graduate transfers. The NCAA has opened a Pandora's box.

This. I've intentionally avoided any input on the outcome of the situation on this board because it's clearly an emotional topic. I still consider myself a guest and appreciate the hospitality. But, If anyone reviews or remembers my posts about waivers and transfers I've consistently said I am not a fan, even though Mississippi State has benefited. I still have no idea why the NCAA would give Danberry another year. I can't recall any other mid year transfer getting an extra year but apparently that logic didn't apply in this situation. AEH certainly helped us out last year as well. Promise Taylor sat out and Cooks is this year as well so no idea why any waiver wasn't applied for given the landscape.

I have less of a problem with the graduate transfer situation even though it seems to be a little out of hand as well. Of course without Howard last year I don't know that we were SEC champs or even S16. I've followed college football, women's basketball and basketball for pretty much 30 years now and I don't think I heard the words transfer waiver or graduate transfer until 10 years ago and now it seems to be almost expected. It seems some of the high profile transfers have been denied so far for women's hoops so they could be going for an overcorrection.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All of this crying because the NCAA turned you guys down is not a nice look for you guys...It has to be Tennessee's fault.....This is too funny.

Tennessee men's basketball team had a player transferred in that had to sit out last year, at his previous school, and now has to sit out another year because he transferred again to UT...We didn't go all bananas like some of you guys have because Westbrook was turned down...

It just the way of it sometimes...Deal with it and relax.....
Yes, Tennessee fans are such a consistent model of composure and decorum that we UConn fans can only aspire to emulate. Thank you for reminding us.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tennessee men's basketball team had a player transferred in that had to sit out last year at his previous school, and now has to sit out another year because he transferred again to UT...We didn't go all bananas like some of you guys have because Westbrook was turned down...

It just the way of it sometimes...Deal with it and relax.....
Really? TN fans, coaches and administrators "didn't go all bananas like some of you guys have because Westbrook was turned down..."

Does the following statement jog your memory at all?

Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer issued the following statement regarding men's basketball student-athlete Uroš Plavšić:

"Uros Plavsic was denied clearance to compete with our men's basketball program this season, and our appeal of that decision also was denied. We are extremely disappointed – quite frankly, stunned – in this outcome, and feel strongly that very compelling facts support clearance for immediate eligibility. We are at a loss as to how this decision aligns with a mission of prioritizing the well-being of student-athletes, and we are struggling to provide an explanation to a deserving young man who stands to lose a year of eligibility. We will stand by Uroš and support him in every way possible as we exhaust all options in advocating for his competitive opportunity."

If that doesn't help you remember how TN fans dealt with a similar situation, may I suggest reading through the 287 posts on VolNation on the subject, many of which spout a level of vitriol and anger that's usually reserved for mass murderers. Maybe that might just do the trick for you.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
All of this crying because the NCAA turned you guys down is not a nice look for you guys...It has to be Tennessee's fault.....This is too funny.

Is anyone claiming it's Tennessee's fault? Mostly people are echoing Geno's comments about Fullmer not supporting Westbrook.

Seems there was far more crying when Parker was kept off the Olympic team last time around with Geno being the supposed culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom