Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Westbrook Waiver Appeal Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why do Vols fans give a crap about Coombs' lack of a waiver except to try and use it as a cudgel against Auriemma because he isn't upset over a player no longer on his roster who isn't alleging a hostile environment at her old school?

Huh where are you getting combs ? My question was simply what happens when Sedona Prince gets approved ? Im not following the Combs reference ...

Reaction Score
Scenarios are different.... Player called for the coaches firing, did not get along with some teammates, stuck around and strung the coaches and team along before being forced to make a decision , and transferred to their rival who has demonized and insulted the UT athletic program since the 2000’s. She mentioned wanting to be coached up and have a new start. Sitting out is not new I’m not sure WHY this is such a shock. What’s TN gonna do support someone who used them as a puppet just to jump ship to a rival and then want them to speak out and say they have a toxic environment? Makes no sense. I wish student athletes the best but karma came back around.

Talk about delusional.

Demonized and insulted the UT program? Are you serious? UConn fans may revel in the fact that UT has been awful under Holly, but I've never seen posts demonizing UT as some evil program. But I have read plenty of posts from the UT fan base bringing up "purse-gate, "cheaters", "connvicts" to insult the UConn athletic program.

Westbrook said "I don't know" when asked if Holly should be fired. The "Fire Holly" sentiment was supported by 90% of the UT fan base at that point. If Westbrook had answered "No", then UT fans might have blamed her for helping to keep Holly. I can just imagine the comments "the players are too comfortable under Holly, these players have no spirit."

The only karma in the situation is for student athletes to avoid UT at all costs because despite signing for UT, performing as one of the better players on the team, the moment you want to leave and get out of a toxic situation, you're characterized as a turncoat. You act like Westbrook owes UT something. She was a highly sought after recruit whom many top Universities wanted. UT had the privilege of her representing them for two years. She did her part, the University should help her out when she wants to pursue something else.

Reaction Score
It's not Tennessee's job to help UConn. It's asinine to Geno to think they would.

Had Tennessee wanted to block her transfer, they had grounds to do so. They didn't and they have moved on.

As Evina said, Sorry Not Sorry.

Why not to attend UT Exhibit 1. UT's pettiness personified.

It's not UT's job to help UConn. It should be UT's prerogative to help Westbrook after she performed 2 years for them. But it's not, because that's the type of program they are.

Reaction Score
Geno made it a Tennessee vs UConn thing when he opened his mouth. He should’ve taken his anger out on the NCAA, not Tennessee.

The problem with your “logic” is that Tennessee took its action and failed to support the transfer before Geno said anything. Tennessee made the decision to not support one of its student-athletes, and that decision had nothing to do with anything Geno said.

Reaction Score
The problem with your “logic” is that Tennessee took its action and failed to support the transfer before Geno said anything. Tennessee made the decision to not support one of its student-athletes, and that decision had nothing to do with anything Geno said.

But they did support the transfer lol It was once the appeal came and geno needed extra assistance with support in which Phil said "no , we have moved on

Reaction Score
You want her to sue because she is being forced to follow the rules she agreed to follow when she accepted an athletic scholarship?
When the rules are not applied equally, yes you sue!

Reaction Score
View attachment 48085

Jan 23...... I surely will be putting it on my calendar now
Yeah baby - can't wait!!!!!!

1573780031646.png

Reaction Score
But they did support the transfer lol It was once the appeal came and geno needed extra assistance with support in which Phil said "no , we have moved on

They didn’t support it, they took no position. There is a difference.

Reaction Score
Geno has the right idea here. Every transfer sits a year, or none sits. No exceptions. Leave nothing to interpretation, sob stories, or competitive gaming (yeah, I'm talking about you, Phillip Fulmer). Can't wait for January 23rd.

Reaction Score
When the rules are not applied equally, yes you sue!
Good luck with that. The NCAA will say what rules (when it comes to granting immediate eligibility waivers)? It's a subjective process and the final decision is made by committee. There's really nothing to do here. People need to let it go now that one of the big questions coming into this season has been answered.

Reaction Score
NCAA cost Geno at least one, maybe two Championships. No way a loaded UConn team loses to ND without Shephard playing a critical role on the team. This year, I truly believe UConn had a shot at another Title w/Evina's talent. Without her, not so much.

Reaction Score
Take a position for what though? A person who insinuated an investigation needed to be had at the program? How could that even make sense?

Try to keep up. When a player transfers her school can support, oppose or take no position on her transfer. Unlike UConn, which supports the player transfer request, UT did not support the transfer, but did not take a position.

Reaction Score
Phil, your LadyVols are going to get drilled mercilessly on Jan 23. And again - even worse - by Evina the next year at TBA. Then hopefully we never have to see their faces or hear your gasbag trash again.

Reaction Score
Try to keep up. When a player transfers her school can support, oppose or take no position on her transfer. Unlike UConn, which supports the player transfer request, UT did not support the transfer, but did not take a position.
Try to get over it then I’ll keep up. Best wishes to ms. Westbrook

Reaction Score
Try to get over it then I’ll keep up. Best wishes to ms. Westbrook

You have me mistaken for someone else. I’m over it. UConn will be fine. But that doesn’t stop me from seeing the NCAA’s incompetence and Tennessee’s hypocrisy.

Reaction Score
If I was betting one way or another I would say this one goes through.
Same soley because she sat out due to injury already. Then I look at the Littleton case and think maybe not. Graves has been quiet on this matter that may play in his favor.

Reaction Score
You have me mistaken for someone else. I’m over it. UConn will be fine. But that doesn’t stop me from seeing the NCAA’s incompetence and Tennessee’s hypocrisy.
Hipocrsy by not doing what Geno tells them? Right I agree !!!

Reaction Score
There is no "rule" here to apply "equally", hence the problem. Subjectivity elicits bias, perception, and interpretation. "Equal" (as opposed to "identical") treatment is in the eye of the beholder. In my opinion, every transfer should sit a year, including graduate transfers. The NCAA has opened a Pandora's box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom