Votes: 46 33.3%
  • 16-20 pts?

Votes: 65 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope we survive the trip to the infamous "Storrs" Connecticut.

Please take it easy on us. Y'all are so .... I dunno, scary and intimidating. Plus you've done this so many times - facing #1 at your place. Y'all being ranked #2 with something to prove and all.

We're so young and y'all, ... y'all are so educated and experienced.

We've seen all the comments under our Tina Roy video on youtube, and all the comments from y'all on the ESPN website.

We're scared. But we're trying hard to cope with the pressure and all.

BTW, it is true what they say about the refs when someone plays y'all in "Storrs?" Notre Dame, Tennessee, Kentucky, I dunno ... they all say the same thing - but they're probably lying. I mean Dee Kanter cannot be in the bucket for y'all can she?

Good luck against St Mary's of the Poor this weekend. Please don't lose another one between now and then ... please.

BTW ... Green Bay better than any other team in the SEC? Seriously? Come onnnn friends.

Seriously speaking - y'all have the greatest women's program in the history of the game. I've been following y'all since the AIAW days when we had Pam Parsons. Not to mention that my older brother is a UT grad and Pat Head Summit worshipper ... so I followed that rivalry for years.

Geno is the second best coach in women's basketball history ... behind PHS.

Should be a good one come Monday night. We expect y'all to give us your best.

We comin' dogs.

ETA: Geno is second best, "for now," until Dawn Staley establishes her superiority over Gene come Monday night.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Please take it easy on us. Y'all are so .... I dunno, scary and intimidating. Plus you've done this so many times - facing #1 at your place. Y'all being ranked #2 with something to prove and all.

We've seen all the comments under our Tina Roy video on youtube, and all the comments from y'all on the ESPN website.

BTW, it is true what they say about the refs when someone plays y'all in "Storrs?" Notre Dame, Tennessee, Kentucky, I dunno ... they all say the same thing - but they're probably lying. I mean Dee Kanter cannot be in the bucket for y'all can she?

Good luck against St Mary's of the Poor this weekend. Please don't lose another one between now and then ... please.

BTW ... Green Bay better than any other team in the SEC? Seriously? Come onnnn friends.

Seriously speaking - y'all have the greatest women's program in the history of the game. I've been following y'all since the AIAW days when we had Pam Parsons. Not to mention that my older brother is a UT grad and Pat Head Summit worshipper ... so I followed that rivalry for years.

We comin' dogs.

ETA: Geno is second best, "for now," until Dawn Staley establishes her superiority over Gene come Monday night.

Welcome to the boneyard scrooster. I appreciate your candid humor and we love to have fresh followers of UConn Women basketball. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to pick out among the straightforward words you post. However I get that you want us to know Dawn Staley is a fine coach and will some day, maybe in another 20+ years of winning 30+ games a year, establish her superiority over Geno.

Reaction Score

We comin' dogs.

We welcome you. Another good rival is just what we need. I hope your experience here is enjoyable in every way but one.

Reaction Score

We comin' dogs.

At least do some research before posting your drivel. Kentucky has played UConn twice in the last 15 years and neither game was officiated by Dee Kantner. When a statement that is factually inaccurate is in a post, it casts doubt on the accuracy of the rest of the ramblings.
Just to show you that there are no hard feelings, we do have a surprise waiting for you when you arrive in Storrs or rather mother nature does. I just hope your bus driver knows what he's doing. To quote BD. "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride." The only thing worse than the bus trip for the SC fans will be the results of the game.

Reaction Score
I have UConn winning this game by the 7-11 pt margin right now. However if UConn is able to bang with SC down low and negate their height advantage, contain Mitchell, and is hot from the outside this game could get ugly fast. The only thing that I am worried about is if UConn has an off shooting night from the outside and is unable to get the ball inside for some easy buckets.

Reaction Score

How many National Championships have you won? That's what I thought!

Reaction Score
Scrooster, I'm sure you'll survive the trip to Storrs, it's a friendly place. But, I have a feeling USC will be going from 22 and 0, to 22 and Uh-oh. But y'all (did I say that right?) definitely won the rap contest with Tina's Team Song. That was a quality piece of work.

Frankly, Monday's game isn't a must win for UConn. Regarding the #1 ranking - been there, done that, many times. It's the NC we're aiming for, and after the Championship game, we'll be happy to provide a celebratory dance to Tina's tune. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dog Expressing Himself.jpg

Couldn't find a picture of a dog peeing on a post, so had to settle for this!

mr006

Reaction Score
They are about to find out what itmeans to play 40 minutes of basketball
Lemme translate that line...

"Y'all about to find out what it means to play 40 minutes of basketball."

Reaction Score

We comin' dogs.

That Carolina moonshine gives people wild dreams. You'll have a hangover Tuesday morning.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well I appreciate your sense of humor scrooster. I like our chances but who knows, right? All your southern understatement notwithstanding, I get the sense that you like yours as well.

I don't think you guys have been tested like you will be on Monday so it hard to predict how you will react. All the pieces are there. Stately is a good coach. You have the talent. (I would have loved to have seen A'ja in Storrs... but I guess I will on Monday.) I'm looking forward to a good game with no injuries on either side. Regardless of who wins, I suspect we may be seeing each other again.

P.S. - "I've been following y'all since the AIAW days when we had Pam Parsons." I highly doubt it. Which team from those days particularly sticks in your memory?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The only quibble I have is that "Geno is the 2nd best coach in the game". Really? In what sense? Most NC's, best winning % of all time, fastest to 900 wins of any coach in history, has put more players in the WNBA AND Olympics than any other coach, etc etc. The only statistic he's NOT #1 in is all time wins. Pat had 38 or 39 years to amass her record number of wins. Geno's done it in 29 years.

Other than that... I doubt either team is taking the other lightly. Both teams are incredibly prepared for what lies ahead. With the exception of SG (Mitchell vs. Nurse), I think UCONN has a decided advantage at every position. Like other big games against good opponents, they can often play with UCONN for 30+ minutes but it's that pair of 4 minute stretches where UCONN goes on a 10-2 run that puts the game away.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As always, UConn fans are getting way overconfident and trying to hide from the past. Clearly you are forgetting what happened the last time the two teams met (down in South Carolina). The Gamecocks destroyed the Huskies in the first minute of play, building an almost insurmountable 4-0 lead. Though the Huskies did just manage to turn the game around in the last 39 minutes and win by 35, they didn't take their first lead until the 17:37 mark when Maya hit a jumper to put them up 6-4. Only 5+ years ago, but how soon we forget.

Think what just happened with Cinci getting out to a 5-0 lead and you get the picture of how this game could play out.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
As always, UConn fans are getting way overconfident and trying to hide from the past. Clearly you are forgetting what happened the last time the two teams met (down in South Carolina). The Gamecocks destroyed the Huskies in the first minute of play, building an almost insurmountable 4-0 lead. Though the Huskies did just manage to turn the game around in the last 39 minutes and win by 35, they didn't take their first lead until the 17:37 mark when Maya hit a jumper to put them up 6-4. Only 5+ years ago, but how soon we forget.

Think what just happened with Cinci getting out to a 5-0 lead and you get the picture of how this game could play out.

If I'm not mistaken, that was Dawn's first year in Columbia and we finished 10-18. USC 64 UCONN 61. I've already written it on the board at work. :) Good luck and let's have a game for the aged on Monday night.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

We comin' dogs.

15839085.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, that was Dawn's first year in Columbia and we finished 10-18. USC 64 UCONN 61. I've already written it on the board at work. :) Good luck and let's have a game for the aged on Monday night.
You are indeed right, which is why I wanted to warn Husky fans about what may be in store for them. If that 10-18 team could lay the lumber on an undefeated UConn squad, there really is not much hope for this year's squad. Tina botched a dunk attempt in that game, just horrible. But at least the local fans down there were appreciative of the Huskies according to the ESPN account: "People waved "Go UConn" signs and snapped photos of the team during timeouts." And I do hope any Gamecock fans coming up for this year's game will still be waving those 'Go UConn' signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom