Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My youngest Daughter played with her sister Da Sheana in the Norwalk City League. The won it all. IMO it is really important to get Butler starting and making an impact so Stevens can play the wing with KLS. The following season or two well we could be looking at another NC and undefeated season.
Can't see Butler getting much playing time in 2017. Starting 5 will probably be Dangerfield, Nurse, Lou, Gabby/Collier and Stevens. Looks like a NC team to me. Only rival would be ND.

The following year will likely be Dangerfield, ?, Lou, Collier, Stevens. If Walker commits to UConn, I can easily see this being a undefeated team. If she goes to ND, UConn could still go undefeated, but should make it more competitive.

Reaction Score
Finally .....................a transfer worth taking..............appreciate the flexibility Geno and Staff.....................now Ms Walker we await your word.....................................

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Congrats to y'all but mostly congrats to Azura. Now she finally has a coach that will know how to develop her talents. This is a good career move for her.

Agreed. With elite transfers, I think it's beneficial to transfer either your freshmen or sophomore years. You have that year off to acclimate and still have 2 or 3 years to positively benefit your new team. This will serve Stevens well... she's a smart player, but during her year off she'll have time to get physically stronger, learn the UCONN way and bond with her teammates. It's a win win for all involved in my opinion..

OAN: Are y'all looking at Jatarie White (SC transfer)? Don't let the injuries scare you... give her time to get healthy and I think she could be a star. She's a playmaker offensively, defensively? Blah.. but she just needs to play, period.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
At one point in a past thread, someone speculated that transfers could play immediately if "player mistreatment" turned out to be proven at Duke. Is there any truth to that?
Oh, and YIPEE!

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Don't know if anyone noticed her middle name,but if you go by that,abbreviated,we have another Bre.:rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Agreed. With elite transfers, I think it's beneficial to transfer either your freshmen or sophomore years. You have that year off to acclimate and still have 2 or 3 years to positively benefit your new team. This will serve Stevens well... she's a smart player, but during her year off she'll have time to get physically stronger, learn the UCONN way and bond with her teammates. It's a win win for all involved in my opinion..

OAN: Are y'all looking at Jatarie White (SC transfer)? Don't let the injuries scare you... give her time to get healthy and I think she could be a star. She's a playmaker offensively, defensively? Blah.. but she just needs to play, period.

I don't know. The ND local media doesn't really do recruiting news. ND is believed to be looking at Chatrice White (Illinois). So they are in the transfer market for bigs.

Shame the best big on the market (Ms. Stevens) was from an ACC school.

Reaction Score
Great news, welcome Azura Stevens to be UConner

ncw_u_albanyduke1_ms_800x450.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Huge get!! It's been a long time UCONN has had a player at 6'6. But the skill set is just insane. And under a year sitting out with ncaa transfer rules, the coaching staff will have her at all American status the following year. This just changed uconn's status especially with the recruiting class that I have a feeling is going to turn into a blockbuster class. UCONN may struggle next season so all the teams out there get them while u can cause the following year UCONN will be the team to beat in my opinion. Huge get for the huskies!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She is not "over-the-top". She is just a passionate true fan.

I just mean over-the-top in her demeanor; I didn't mean it as a pejorative. I actually have a lot of respect for her because, unlike so many of her fellow LV fans, she stayed positive and loyal to her team even in their darkest days.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't know. The ND local media doesn't really do recruiting news. ND is believed to be looking at Chatrice White (Illinois). So they are in the transfer market for bigs.

Shame the best big on the market (Ms. Stevens) was from an ACC school.

Yeah. I don't know much about White but from what I hear she can be effective. There are still good/okay players out there still awaiting transfer destinations but Stevens was pretty much the big catch that everybody was waiting for this offseason. Now that she's committed, I suspect we'll start hearing about more players soon.

Reaction Score
I am beyond giddeeeee over this. We have another "shooter" this one 6'5 player that can handle, defend and rebound. Wow!!!!!!!!! And hopefully Nurse will be back and we'll have Dangerfield as a true pg. With Gabby and Collier.
WOW. What great offensive versatility.

Reaction Score
I am beyond giddeeeee over this. We have another "shooter" this one 6'5 player that can handle, defend and rebound. Wow!!!!!!!!! And hopefully Nurse will be back and we'll have Dangerfield as a true pg. With Gabby and Collier.
WOW. What great offensive versatility.
What do you mean "hopefully Nurse will be back"?

Reaction Score
Five in a row.....six.....seven.....

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Huge Pickup for Geno and team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online