Week Three Interesting Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week Three Interesting Games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Can you kick them out of the ACC? Or at least let their fans borrow your brown paper bag?

I see they also lost to Duqesne earlier. I guess we could kick them out, and take in Duqesne so to retain the Pittsburgh Market :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yeah I hate that I'm going to be antisocial during the holidays but there are a couple can't miss games. I'm not as good as @visitingcock at listing the games but here we go.

1. UCLA vs UConn- I don't think Azzi will play but nevertheless it should be a good game. The UConn size question should be put to the test going against Betts and Dugalic. UCLA really eeked out a win vs Princeton.

2. Ohio State vs Oklahoma State - Oklahoma state already has two losses but I think they are better than their record. Ohio State is playing better since the opener. Although Celeste Taylor has struggled a bit offensively, Jacey Sheldon has been as efficient as ever

3. Penn State vs USC - Thurs-great test for both teams. Penn States start has kind of surprised me

4. Oklahoma vs Princeton - great game between two solid programs.

5. Tennessee vs Indiana - hopefully Tennessee is healthier.

6. Maryland vs Washington State - Thurs-if UMD wants their top 25 ranking back...

7. Nebraska vs TCU - Sedona Prince has been playing great. TCUs first big test.

8.VTech vs Kansas - great center matchup. Another solid matchup in the Cayman Islands

9. Alabama vs Gonzaga - solid game against two tournament teams.

10 LSU vs Virginia - just good to see LSU playing a power 5 school
I’d add a likely matchup between Stanford and Florida State on Friday. Expect Latson to have a field day with the Stanford guard defense. This matchup is contingent on them beating Belmont and Northwestern respectively.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
#3 Colorado vs. #10 NC State Saturday in the Paradise Jam is a juicy matchup. Can the NC State guards overcome the height advantage of Colorado?

Both teams will play Kentucky and Cincinnati prior to Saturday's showdown.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
In the first half.
Yeah, I underestimated how bad Chicago St. is. 113-35 final. Can we please kick them out of D1? ONE winning season since moving up in '86. Quite a few years w/ 5 or less wins. 0-fer 4 times and 1 win 4 times. Talk about an exercise in futility. Probably the worst head coaching gig in wcbb. Convince me otherwise.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I underestimated how bad Chicago St. is. 113-35 final. Can we please kick them out of D1? ONE winning season since moving up in '86. Quite a few years w/ 5 or less wins. 0-fer 4 times and 1 win 4 times. Talk about an exercise in futility. Probably the worst head coaching gig in wcbb. Convince me otherwise.
57-17 1st half
56-18 2nd

Worst school in D1 all sports by far.
As a result no conference wants them.

Reaction Score
Belmont trailed Stanford 53-48 after 3.
Fell apart in the 4th, but very solid.

Pounded Georgia 76-50.
Lost to Miss St by 1.

Could be a dangerous team in the NCAAs.
Belmont is a very good team. They are not very big but do a good job spreading out their opponent and driving to the goal for kickouts and fouls. In the Stanford game things got out of hand at the end when they rushed shots playing catch-up.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I know the UCONN/UCLA game is only available on FloHoops...but is that the case for the Stanford/Florida State game? I checked ESPN+ and that game isn't listed...but certainly, someone is going to show this? Right?

Reaction Score
I know the UCONN/UCLA game is only available on FloHoops...but is that the case for the Stanford/Florida State game? I checked ESPN+ and that game isn't listed...but certainly, someone is going to show this? Right?
PAC network? ACC network? Both might be tied up with football today and tomorrow

Reaction Score

Stanford/Florida State is on FloHoops.

ESPN is horrible for omitting networks that aren't part of theirs. I use Hoopfeed to get broadcast and streaming details. They even include links to free streams when available.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

ESPN is horrible for omitting networks that aren't part of theirs. I use Hoopfeed to get broadcast and streaming details. They even include links to free streams when available.

Bookmarked. Thank you!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Hasn't it only been recently that ESPN shows Fox network channels?

Reaction Score

Thank you. This solves a problem that comes up every time we have a big day of games.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Alabama moves to 6-0 with a 78-73 win over #20 Louisville.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
#3 Colorado ran away from Kentucky, 96-53.

Reaction Score
Statistically Alabama looks pretty formidable.

They are without question the #2 resume team in SEC at the moment.
I thought they would be middle of the pack in the SEC but I guess I was wrong because they're starting to look like a top 5 team.

Reaction Score
I thought they would be middle of the pack in the SEC but I guess I was wrong because they're starting to look like a top 5 team.
Rebounding and defending in the top 10 nationally if I recall correctly. That will get you pretty far.

Reaction Score
In probably this weekend's "Cupcake Game," South Carolina edged Mississippi Valley State 101-19 today (Friday). Maybe UNC thought they were getting a cupcake in Vermont, but the Catamounts put up quite the fight, before losing 54-51. UVM led 28-17 at the half and 39-30 after three, but couldn't hold on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom