Week Three Interesting Games | The Boneyard

Week Three Interesting Games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ole Miss beat Michigan 60-49 in the final of the Battle 4 Atlantis.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also in the Battle 4 Atlantis Arizona beat South Dakota. The Yotes like usual have scheduled fairly tough. Dropped to 3-3, w/ losses to Creighton, Michigan and UA so far.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
VPI takes down my Spartans from UNC-Greensboro .. 72-51. Looking at their non-conference schedule, its actually overall weak. Other than powers like Iowa, LSU, and High Point, they aren't facing murderer's row. And the LSU game is of course part of the ACC-SEC challenge.

Reaction Score
Alabama (5-0) faces #17 Louisville (4-0) in a tournament game in Texas Friday. Should be a good test for both teams.

Reaction Score
VPI takes down my Spartans from UNC-Greensboro .. 72-51. Looking at their non-conference schedule, its actually overall weak. Other than powers like Iowa, LSU, and High Point, they aren't facing murderer's row.

But overall they've got 9 top 25 teams on the sked. 11 if a certain Durham team makes it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not a lot on tap for tomorrow. Notre Dame is playing Chicago St. Yikes. That should be a 50-60 point beat down.

Reaction Score
Florida edged Purdue by 3. Were the Boilers supposed to be good this year? 2-2 now this season.
Purdue was expected to be in the middle of the Big Ten standings. Some improvement but not much.

Reaction Score
Maryland plays #23 undefeated Washington State in the first game of the Cancun tournament on Thursday. The Terps play a very good Green Bay team the next morning.

Reaction Score
Florida edged Purdue by 3. Were the Boilers supposed to be good this year? 2-2 now this season.

Someone thought their roster would be able to beat ND and I still don't know how they thought that was possible.

Reaction Score
Penn St. beat Oklahoma St. to improve to 5-0. Maybe the hot seat is cooling off a little bit for their coach?

And this is without their best guards who are injured. Will be interesting to see how things progress.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Davidson has been feasting on the Methodists so far this year. Last week Duke... Today they beat Wofford by 30... Doesn't bode well for when High Point visits next month :oops:

In ACC action... PITT loses to Coppin State 61-56 :eek:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Davidson has been feasting on the Methodists so far this year. Last week Duke... Today they beat Wofford by 30... Doesn't bode well for when High Point visits next month :oops:

In ACC action... PITT loses to Coppin State 61-56 :eek:
I noticed Davidson received a vote in this week's AP Top 25 poll. Could we end up seeing Davidson ranked by the end of the season?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I noticed Davidson received a vote in this week's AP Top 25 poll. Could we end up seeing Davidson ranked by the end of the season?

They would have to run the table for a few months... get to something like 20-1 by middle of Feb.

Reaction Score
Yeah I hate that I'm going to be antisocial during the holidays but there are a couple can't miss games. I'm not as good as @visitingcock at listing the games but here we go.

1. UCLA vs UConn- I don't think Azzi will play but nevertheless it should be a good game. The UConn size question should be put to the test going against Betts and Dugalic. UCLA really eeked out a win vs Princeton.

2. Ohio State vs Oklahoma State - Oklahoma state already has two losses but I think they are better than their record. Ohio State is playing better since the opener. Although Celeste Taylor has struggled a bit offensively, Jacey Sheldon has been as efficient as ever

3. Penn State vs USC - Thurs-great test for both teams. Penn States start has kind of surprised me

4. Oklahoma vs Princeton - great game between two solid programs.

5. Tennessee vs Indiana - hopefully Tennessee is healthier.

6. Maryland vs Washington State - Thurs-if UMD wants their top 25 ranking back...

7. Nebraska vs TCU - Sedona Prince has been playing great. TCUs first big test.

8.VTech vs Kansas - great center matchup. Another solid matchup in the Cayman Islands

9. Alabama vs Gonzaga - solid game against two tournament teams.

10 LSU vs Virginia - just good to see LSU playing a power 5 school

Reaction Score
Yeah I hate that I'm going to be antisocial during the holidays but there are a couple can't miss games. I'm not as good as @visitingcock at listing the games but here we go.

1. UCLA vs UConn- I don't think Azzi will play but nevertheless it should be a good game. The UConn size question should be put to the test going against Betts and Dugalic. UCLA really eeked out a win vs Princeton.

2. Ohio State vs Oklahoma State - Oklahoma state already has two losses but I think they are better than their record. Ohio State is playing better since the opener. Although Celeste Taylor has struggled a bit offensively, Jacey Sheldon has been as efficient as ever

3. Penn State vs USC - Thurs-great test for both teams. Penn States start has kind of surprised me

4. Oklahoma vs Princeton - great game between two solid programs.

5. Tennessee vs Indiana - hopefully Tennessee is healthier.

6. Maryland vs Washington State - Thurs-if UMD wants their top 25 ranking back...

7. Nebraska vs TCU - Sedona Prince has been playing great. TCUs first big test.

8.VTech vs Kansas - great center matchup. Another solid matchup in the Cayman Islands

9. Alabama vs Gonzaga - solid game against two tournament teams.

10 LSU vs Virginia - just good to see LSU playing a power 5 school
Pretty good listing and I like your observations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom