Week of Dec. 16-22 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week of Dec. 16-22

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You waited until your 30’s to get your driving license? Most of us get it when we’re 16...oh wait, you just act a lot older than you really are, my bad...I always thought you were an old curmudgeon like @Plebe @JordyG @oldude and myself...:rolleyes:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls puts its 1-6 record on the line tonight, visiting Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3-3) in the Southland Conference opener for both teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nicholls puts its 1-6 record on the line tonight, visiting Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (3-3) in the Southland Conference opener for both teams.
You know what they say about when the Colonels clash with the Islanders! Could be a brutal and epic affair.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Texas leads Ohio, 18-14, end of 1st quarter.

Reaction Score
The sad part is that the area surrounding Pittsburgh is a hotbed for high school women's teams. Oakland Catholic and Fox Chapel along with Central Catholic alone would be able to supply Pitt with some very good recruits.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You waited until your 30’s to get your driving license? Most of us get it when we’re 16...oh wait, you just act a lot older than you really are, my bad...I always thought you were an old curmudgeon like @Plebe @JordyG @oldude and myself...:rolleyes:
...and what the hell? You kids get outta my Boneyard!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas went on an 18-2 run from mid 1Q to take a double digit lead. Ohio just responded with a couple driving buckets that were weakly defended.

Celeste Taylor has been great so far. As bad as Texas has been, they’d be a whole lot worse if she weren’t playing. Collier has rebounded well but has no points and 2 fouls. Disappointing because she has a major size advantage over anyone guarding her.

Reaction Score
The Alarie and Littlefield show off to a great start as they lead Missouri 20-15. The rest of Princeton trails the Tigers by just 15-11. :rolleyes:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ugh...Nicholls trails at halftime, 28-21. A 7-point deficit may not seem like a whole lot...but that's a huge deficit for Nicholls.

Texas leads Ohio, 35-29, at the half.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ugh...Nicholls trails at halftime, 28-21. A 7-point deficit may not seem like a whole lot...but that's a huge deficit for Nicholls.

Texas leads Ohio, 35-29, at the half.
The Islanders must be running circles around the invading Colonels who simply don’t know the lay of the land.

Texas is just getting by against Ohio. They’re a perplexing bunch. Collier has been a non factor on offense and had to sit with foul trouble. If not for the great hustle and decision making by Celeste Taylor, Texas would be losing this game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Nicholls has really stepped it up defensively in the 4th quarter...now trailing by only 3 points.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
And I'm not sure what Princeton is doing to Missouri is legal!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
The Islanders must be running circles around the invading Colonels who simply don’t know the lay of the land.

Texas is just getting by against Ohio. They’re a perplexing bunch. Collier has been a non factor on offense and had to sit with foul trouble. If not for the great hustle and decision making by Celeste Taylor, Texas would be losing this game.
so I just found out my Sling TV subscription has the Longhorn Network and I can watch the Women's games now...is that a blessing or a curse? :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Nicholls comeback attempt falls just short...falling 55-49. Should help their PPG average, though.
We have to look on the bright side!
  • Nicholls scored a whole 28 points in the 2nd half, increasing their scoring production by 25% over the 1st half.
  • Nicholls held TAM-CC scoreless from the 3-point line! A pretty rare accomplishment, I'd say.
  • Nicholls forced 20 turnovers by the Islanders. That's almost 3 times as many as UConn forced against DePaul.
This should be just the momentum Nicholls needs for their next game against Abilene Christian, which is probably the best team in the Southland this year.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Thursday, Dec. 19
  • #10 UCLA at Georgia (11a, SECN). Can Georgia turn around its lackluster season?
  • Duke at #5 South Carolina (7p, SECN). Can the Blue Devils pull the stunner?
  • #15 Mississippi State vs. South Florida (7p, FloHoops). Duel in the Desert in Las Vegas.
  • LSU at Florida Gulf Coast (7p, ESPN+). A key resume game for both teams, especially FGCU.
  • #4 Oregon State vs. BYU (12:30a, no stream). From Lahaina, Hawaii.
So Thursday has an interesting list of games here with lots of rooting interest. Too bad only 3 of the games will be televised. I do know that @Shades will send along an additional game feed (audio or otherwise) and @LoTrader will certainly be linking us up with OSU.

Reaction Score
I guess Duke-Superior Carolina has been relegated to the children's table thread.

This is all Triad's fault.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess Duke-Superior Carolina has been relegated to the children's table thread.

This is all Triad's fault.

A few thoughts: The disrespect :mad: Providence-Utah gets a poll... and our game doesnt? On the other hand...... I hope people forget about the game.... dont really need people watching Duke play this year :rolleyes: Plus...you know good and well... if Little Carolina doesnt blow Duke out......yall will be called overrated.... Staley needs to be replaced as Olympic Coach.....etc..:p

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State hosts Chattanooga in the Wolfpack Women's final non-conference game of the season. Will be an emotional game...as Coach Wes Moore spent 15 seasons on the Chattanooga sidelines before taking the NC State position.

Game is on ACC Network at 6:30 pm.

I sure hope the Wolfpack Women are sharper than they were on Sunday against Elon. My eyes are still burning from that ugly display of basketball prowess...except for Elissa Cunane, who won ACC Player of the Week honors with an outstanding, career-high performance.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Im just a middle aged curmudgeon ... the kids on my street know not to get anywhere near my lawn :mad:

Reaction Score
A few thoughts: The disrespect :mad: Providence-Utah gets a poll... and our game doesnt? On the other hand...... I hope people forget about the game.... dont really need people watching Duke play this year :rolleyes: Plus...you know good and well... if Little Carolina doesnt blow Duke out......yall will be called overrated.... Staley needs to be replaced as Olympic Coach.....etc..:p

South Carolina would just re-absorb its Northern backcountry, but we have too many hog farms as it is.

Sadly, there is only way to not be overrated and we don't get that chance until February.

In true 2019 fashion, I'm not getting too far over my skis. Bad form for a fan of the the Much Prettier Carolina. Should be a good game, I think?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom