Week of Dec. 16-22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week of Dec. 16-22

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What about Ole Miss? Illinois?
Yes to Ole Miss. More even odds with Illinois.

Massey has:

Illinois 140
Clemson 151
Wake 171
Penn St 172
Pitt 234
Ole Miss 237

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Elon in a fight with Division II Newberry. The Phoenix hold a 50-47 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter.

I mention this because I taught at Newberry College for four years.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Elon pulled away in the 4th quarter to win 73-53.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gonzaga up 29-24 at halftime @ Wyoming. Wyoming has lost home games this year to Colorado and Northern Colorado, so I didn't anticipate GU having too much trouble. My powers of prediction remain sketchy.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Marquette-South Dakota State game has been entertaining. Marquette has held a small lead (1-4 points) for most of the game, but it feels like anyone's game down the stretch. SDSU is missing a few injured players. Marquette has gotten key contributions from a couple of freshmen in Camryn Taylor and Jordan King.

I've really come to appreciate these two guys who do the commentating for all the SDSU home games. Very knowledgeable, very on-point observations of the action.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon is in action for Texas Tech. She debuted on Sunday with 6 points in 17 minutes off the bench against Houston Baptist. Today she started and hit 4 of 5 threes on her way to 16 points against Prairie View A&M.

Wishing Lexi the best. More details at

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ohio State had only 7 players available yesterday but had no trouble with Sacramento State, 104-74.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The Marquette-South Dakota State game has been entertaining. Marquette has held a small lead (1-4 points) for most of the game, but it feels like anyone's game down the stretch. SDSU is missing a few injured players. Marquette has gotten key contributions from a couple of freshmen in Camryn Taylor and Jordan King.

I've really come to appreciate these two guys who do the commentating for all the SDSU home games. Very knowledgeable, very on-point observations of the action.

Marquette with a very young roster goes on the road to beat SDSU, something ND was unable to do on a neutral court.

Reaction Score
The Utah stream really crapped out on me, so I switched over to the Battle of Enchantment and this is a complete trampling. Despite the recent defections, UNM is up 104-48 late in 4Q. The Lobos have Texas transfer back in the starting lineup, but the heavy damage was done by Hurst, De la Cerda, and Anderson. New Mexico State is just not a good team.
The Sun Devils have NMS today on an early start. After handling the Lobos I'll be listening to the radio cast of today's game with Jeff Munn.

I'm confident CTT won't let her team look beyond today's game to the match up with Creighton on Friday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Marquette with a very young roster goes on the road to beat SDSU, something ND was unable to do on a neutral court.
True, but to be fair, SDSU's best player, Myah Selland, was out with injury. And their second-leading scorer, Paiton Burckhard, left early in 3Q with an injury and didn't come back. Both of them scored in double figures in the ND game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
True, but to be fair, SDSU's best player, Myah Selland, was out with injury. And their second-leading scorer, Paiton Burckhard, left early in 3Q with an injury and didn't come back. Both of them scored in double figures in the ND game.

Ahhh, MU didn’t play the same team. Still, nice road win for MU.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She needs to reach the post-season... beyond the ACC tournament.
OK, now we are just being silly, this is still a terrible team despite their recent wins and poor OOC. She’s toast when her contract is up. Besides being underfunded she said also not of the caliber coach to compete in the ACC, AAC maybe....:rolleyes:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
OK, now we are just being silly, this is still a terrible team despite their recent wins and poor OOC. She’s toast when her contract is up. Besides being underfunded she said also not of the caliber coach to compete in the ACC, AAC maybe....:rolleyes:

I just have a hard time believing that Wake Forest would pull the plug on one of their own, who is perhaps the best player to ever suit up for the Demon Deacons. If this were a school with a long history of success, then yes, I can see a change being made...but Wake Forest has only made the NCAA Tournament 1 time (maybe 2; I'm too lazy to look it up).

I guess time will tell. I'm rooting for them (except against NC State).

Plebe

Reaction Score
I just have a hard time believing that Wake Forest would pull the plug on one of their own, who is perhaps the best player to ever suit up for the Demon Deacons. If this were a school with a long history of success, then yes, I can see a change being made...but Wake Forest has only made the NCAA Tournament 1 time (maybe 2; I'm too lazy to look it up).

According to Wikipedia, only one NCAAT (way back in 1988) and six WNITs. Hoover took them to the WNIT in 2016 and 2017. They weren't horrible under her until last year.

Reaction Score
Look's like she made the last one with two minutes to go in the game. I guess Baylor was worried about a late game comeback. Or they wanted to better the drubbing Maryland gave Georgia State today.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Look's like she made the last one with two minutes to go in the game. I guess Baylor was worried about a late game comeback. Or they wanted to better the drubbing Maryland gave Georgia State today.

Then Baylor failed. Their MOV was 78 while MD MOV was 83. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Almost identical scores. 111-43 and 114-41.

Funny also how the combination of Mikasell (7-11) and Watson (7-10) matched Juicy's 3 pt mastery.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Lemme put it this way.... last time they made a NCAA tournament....... I was months away from getting my driver's license :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reaction Score
Funny also how the combination of Mikasell (7-11) and Watson (7-10) matched Juicy's 3 pt mastery.
I wonder if this was the first time two players from the same team hit 7 or more three pointers in the same game.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
On my ESPN schedule of today's televised games, the Ohio-Texas women's game is listed under 'Football'. I wonder whether they are expecting a particularly rough game.

I will need to send you a bill for a new keyboard!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom