Week of 2/26 Other Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week of 2/26 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Any team outside the Top 50 NET this late in the season needs wins, badly.

Both still have Nova and UConn which are good/great games if they win. They also both have one of DePaul/Georgetown which are meaningless if they win. PC has the advantage of having Georgetown (less of an anchor) and UConn at home.

Nova, SJU, SHU and PC are probably fighting for a final spot, or two. The two Nova/PC and Nova/SHU games could be huge for those three teams. SJU needs to not lose to DePaul and Georgetown and do something in the BET. That 4-7 in the Big East is a mess that could get 0-3 bids.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's helpful. Covid probably still means you'll miss a few days. A bad tummy, probably only one. I imagine Vegas takes note.
Norovirus is prevalent in the northeast right now. I think I’d prefer Covid.

Reaction Score
Dalton Knecht is niiice

25 points in the last 12:01 against a very good team who tried everything defensively to stop him. Add to that when double teamed he delivered some very good passes putting his team in scoring position. That was an absolute show he put on and to do that to a Bruce Pearl team makes me like him even more. Cam may be the 2nd best portal guy which we’re still very lucky for.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Norovirus is prevalent in the northeast right now. I think I’d prefer Covid.
Yes, on noro prevalence (recent victim during trip). Haven't experienced the latter but know those that have, extremely unpleasant. Norovirus I was over in a day, COVID can last a lifetime.

Reaction Score

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I've had it twice, Norovirus is worse, if perhaps shorter duration.
More intense no doubt but just a 24 hour thing. I’d take that over a week long sinus infection any day.
Had it the first Saturday of the tourney last year and was good to go by Saint Mary’s on Sunday.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
25 points in the last 12:01 against a very good team who tried everything defensively to stop him. Add to that when double teamed he delivered some very good passes putting his team in scoring position. That was an absolute show he put on and to do that to a Bruce Pearl team makes me like him even more. Cam may be the 2nd best portal guy which we’re still very lucky for.

It's always amazing how some guys develop differently ... looking at him right now you're like "how was he a mid-major type recruit?" His development is incredible, he's a legit NBA scorer.

Reaction Score
Cam is a better fit for us.. Smart enough to share the ball and just focus on winning.

Reaction Score
It's always amazing how some guys develop differently ... looking at him right now you're like "how was he a mid-major type recruit?" His development is incredible, he's a legit NBA scorer.

He lost twice to Northern Arizona (Mad Dog let everyone know today since his kid now coaches there) at North Colorado last year. Imagine that lol

Reaction Score
Woah.

I know this isn't a popular take, but I see Kentucky as a darkhorse Final Four candidate.

The issue with Kentucky teams under Calipari is that the roster was always filled "five-star talent", but the pieces were always awkward.

Calipari hasn't had a team that shoots this well since the 2012 title season.
Yea I'm in agreement, no reason why he can't run off a lower seeded deep run like he did in 2014. They have the talent to do it but Calipari can't seem to get out of his own way and is trying to please certain parties.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Woah.

I know this isn't a popular take, but I see Kentucky as a darkhorse Final Four candidate.

The issue with Kentucky teams under Calipari is that the roster was always filled "five-star talent", but the pieces were always awkward.

Also, because he always butchers it - see not playing Devin Booker, Harrison twins, etc. - he has a knack for it.

They absolutely have the talent and the roster to do it. I think Sheppard is the type of player that can galvanize the whole crew and make a run. Often it seems they're missing a critical piece like leadership or cojones in the tight spots. He just might be the type of kid to have those balls.

I sure hope not. I love Sheppard but I'm rooting for Cal to lose any chance I can.

Reaction Score
Woah.

Zero chance. No defense and an awful coach smells like out by end of first weekend

Reaction Score
Michigan lost by 30 to Rutgers and is 8-21. I hadn’t paid attention to how truly awful they’ve become. I know he will be gone at year end, but how the hell did Juwan last THIS long??

Warde asleep at the switch or what????

Reaction Score
Michigan lost by 30 to Rutgers and is 8-21. I hadn’t paid attention to how truly awful they’ve become. I know he will be gone at year end, but how the hell did Juwan last THIS long??

Warde asleep at the switch or what????
Won’t be the first time. Wasnt he in Storrs, head firmly planted in the sand, as KO drove the program off the cliff?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Won’t be the first time. Wasnt he in Storrs, head firmly planted in the sand, as KO drove the program off the cliff?
Yep, it was KO who placed UConn in the AAC - with this decision to drive the program off the cliff.
Give it up - will you

Reaction Score
Stanford is 12-16
Cal is 13-16
UCLA is 14-14
USC is 11-17
Washington is 16-13

CR - Crazy Ridiculous

Reaction Score
Stanford is 12-16
Cal is 13-16
UCLA is 14-14
USC is 11-17
Washington is 16-13

CR - Crazy Ridiculous
Football, football, football. Not that this needs to repeated for the millionth time, but CR has nothing to do with basketball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Football, football, football. Not that this needs to repeated for the millionth time, but CR has nothing to do with basketball.
We all know. At least I hope so. But it should. I think the ACC may be realizing the depth of its mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom