Week of 11/6 Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/6 Other Games

Reaction Score
Duke looks pretty unimpressive for as much hype as they were getting before season started. Maybe it will come together later on in the season but they look soft

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Look at the passing or lack there of. This game looks like and old nba game iso after iso with the occasional pick and roll and cuts to the basket. They do not move the ball. Either team for that matter. Love just drove to the hoop with a bunch of time on the shot clock shoved his defender which was not called and then missed the three footer.

Reaction Score
Look at the passing or lack there of. This game looks like and old nba game iso after iso with the occasional pick and roll and cuts to the basket. They do not move the ball. Either team for that matter. Love just drove to the hoop with a bunch of time on the shot clock shoved his defender which was not called and then missed the three footer.
Arizona moves it a little more than duke but nothing like our offense

caw

Reaction Score
Duke is a horrendous rebounding team and has little rim defense showing right now. Everything for both teams is one pass and drive, the Calipari special - Dribble drive offense.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Arizona moves it a little more than duke but nothing like our offense
Yes agreed. Did not see your post before I posted. Good to see I am not the only one seeing this bad basketball. Dook bunch of one and done’s hunting their own shot. The defense is also somewhat suspect. I see Johnson from SDST is on AZ. He just muscled one of Dooks players Young into a travel. Really not impressed with either of these teams. But go AZ……

caw

Reaction Score
Neither of these teams look good.

Hard for me to tell with Zona. They play hard and decent defense but Dukes motion on offense is bad. Zona rebounds decently but Duke was almost out rebounded by Dartmouth.

I can’t decide if Duke is making them look better or they are actually decent.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to tell with Zona. They play hard and decent defense but Dukes motion on offense is bad. Zona rebounds decently but Duke was almost out rebounded by Dartmouth.

I can’t decide if Duke is making them look better or they are actually decent.
Should probably have said as good as their ranking. I mean early season rankings mean nothing. Feel that any of the top big east teams would beat either of these teams handidly

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Arizona has looked better as the game has gone on but duke is all iso. Clingan would have 5 blocks by now on them

Reaction Score
I said this a month ago, Duke is incredibly soft on the interior. They are food.

caw

Reaction Score
I said this a month ago, Duke is incredibly soft on the interior. They are food.

They had the same issue last year until Lively got more PT and learned to defend the interior. They haven't really given their two freshmen bigs a shot this game. It is possible one could help.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Scheyer complaining about his 5* playing iso ball……can you see the worlds smallest violin…..if he was a real coach he would be pulling his prima donna for doing it. But Caleb Love is no better at AZ than he was at NC. Count how many times Dook comes down and makes one pass or less before someone shoots the ball. And don’t get me started on Bilas and the other announcer trying to play this up like this is good basketball. This looks like one of the high school elite games that happen in the summer. Bunch of great talent doing their own thing. At least AZ try’s to play defense.

Reaction Score
Filipowski is going to need to seriously beef up/improve defensively if he wants to see nba rotational minutes in his basketball life.

Reaction Score
Why is Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis in Arizona's boxscore? Is there something I don't know about?

Screenshot_20231110-192528_Google.jpg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This game goes to the wire Duke wins after Love turns it over……I think Love was a 5*……hmmmmm

Reaction Score
Are these Arizona uniforms an alternate or permanent?

caw

Reaction Score
Filipowski is going to need to seriously beef up/improve defensively if he wants to see nba rotational minutes in his basketball life.

Or learn to rebound and defend the rim. He’s a great college player and will be fantastic at Duke next year.

Reaction Score
They had the same issue last year until Lively got more PT and learned to defend the interior. They haven't really given their two freshmen bigs a shot this game. It is possible one could help.
They’d better hope so. Filipowski is not the answer on defense. He’s a load on the other side of the ball though

Reaction Score
He’s gotten beat a few times this game, just muscled down one time too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom