Week of 11/20 Other Games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of 11/20 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Marquette doesn't look as crisp as they did yesterday. Edey's size is really disruptive. Reminds me of last year's game against Marquette when Clingan was dominating and Hurley took him out and we lost

Reaction Score
Marquette has had many chances to push the ball to the hoop with Edey plodding up the court behind them. But they stop and let him get back into the D. Dumb.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Good lord these Refs treat Edey like he’s a precious doll
Wasn't Bilas spewing some nonsense early in the broadcast about how "you can't call fouls against Edey like everyone else" because, due to his size, he gets fouled too much or too hard? What a GD wanker. Clingan's been getting mauled...

Reaction Score
Who picks these Maui teams? This is like a Final Four in April.

1st, 2nd, 4th & 7th ranked teams in the country knocking heads twice in the last 24 hrs.

Reaction Score
Marquette played perfect defense for 30 seconds on each of Purdue’s last 2 possessions. But Edey is too tall. Got a tip in to get a 3 point lead and got an offensive rebound to burn an extra second off the clock

Great effort from Marquette. They beat #1 and then played the new #1 to the buzzer the next night. They are real championship contenders.

Reaction Score
Marquette played perfect defense for 30 seconds on each of Purdue’s last 2 possessions. But Edey is too tall. Got a tip in to get a 3 point lead and got an offensive rebound to burn an extra second off the clock

Great effort from Marquette. They beat #1 and then played the new #1 to the buzzer the next night. They are real championship contenders.
So much went right in that game for Purdue and so much went wrong in that game for Marquette. I still don't believe in Purdue, they'll end up getting a 1 seed because the Big 10 is garbage but they won't make the final 4.

Reaction Score
Edey had a great putback and made FTs to help win the game. Marquette had their chances but couldn't get it done. Tyler Kolak is fun to watch and will be handfull for UConn.

Bilas did have nice things to say about UConn's offense and Karaban in particular.

Reaction Score
So much went right in that game for Purdue and so much went wrong in that game for Marquette. I still don't believe in Purdue, they'll end up getting a 1 seed because the Big 10 is garbage but they won't make the final 4.
I won’t believe in them until they make a run. Saw a tweet that said they’re 28-2 in their last 30 OOC games. The 2 losses are FDU and Saint Peter’s in the last two tournaments LMAO

caw

Reaction Score
Quin Slazinski is playing very well for WVU, feel Pitino could have used him for SJU and Pitino made a mistake recruiting over him. He's the one who was going to come to SJU from Iona but was recruited over and went to WVU.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt looked competent for about 30 minutes, were deadlocked with Florida 43-all. Since then Florida has gone on a 23-8 run, helped by Pitt throwing up several of the worst shots I've seen from a P4 team in, well maybe forever. Pitt's starters are looking tired with 7-plus left in game. Doubt they even make it close at this point. Disappointing - I think they have the talent, but man, they look totally disorganized the past 5-7 minutes. Nobody's in charge.

Reaction Score
Pitt looked competent for about 30 minutes, were deadlocked with Florida 43-all. Since then Florida has gone on a 23-8 run, helped by Pitt throwing up several of the worst shots I've seen from a P4 team in, well maybe forever. Pitt's starters are looking tired with 7-plus left in game. Doubt they even make it close at this point. Disappointing - I think they have the talent, but man, they look totally disorganized the past 5-7 minutes. Nobody's in charge.
Our old Iona friend Walter Clayton 6/8 from 3. Before there was Spencer, I thought he'd have been a good fit for us.

Reactions: caw

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Novavax is one of the sponsors of the Myrtle Beach Invitational. I was watching one of the games and it looked like they were THE sponsor as the "Novavax" branding was prominently displayed all over the court.

Last edited:

GG

Reaction Score
Who picks these Maui teams? This is like a Final Four in April.

1st, 2nd, 4th & 7th ranked teams in the country knocking heads twice in the last 24 hrs.
And then there is Syracuse……the team that thinks they are back because they manhandled Chaminade.

Reaction Score
Novavax is one of the sponsors of the Myrtle Beach Invitational. I was watching one of the games and it looked like they were THE sponsor as the "Novavax" branding was all over the court.
So Pfizer has never sponsored a (insignificant) sporting event?

Reaction Score
J e s u s was a sponsor of the Maui final. Apparently he took timeouts too and he gets us—according to the ad. I’m skeptical but it would definitely take omni-power to get some of the characters on this board.
Yeah I noticed that. That was in fact weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom