Week of 11/20 Other Games | The Boneyard

Week of 11/20 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today's 5 PM tilt of Purdue vs Gonzaga in the Maui Jim Invitational is a heck of an appetizer before the UConn game.

Must-watch game versus two teams I'm personally not super high on.

The only other D1 game Gonzaga has played was against Yale (86-71 win).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Today's 5 PM tilt of Purdue vs Gonzaga in the Maui Jim Invitational is a heck of an appetizer before the UConn game.

Must-watch game versus two teams I'm personally not super high on.

The only other D1 game Gonzaga has played was against Yale (86-71 win).
Why is Gonzaga playing D2 schools? That is embarrassing.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
That’s weird that Gonzaga has only played 2 games (and only 1 D 1 team) over the first 2 weeks of the season.

Either way, the Maui might have the best field they have ever had. And that’s saying something.

4 legit final four contenders plus Gonzaga and UCLA.

Going to be an epic.

Reaction Score
I stopped paying attention to Syracuse/Tennessee with around 10 min to go and it was pretty close. Surprised to see Cuse get blown out by 17. Just checked the play by play and they got outscored 21-8 in the last 7 minutes. 12-0 in the last 3 minutes

Gonzaga and Purdue is pretty fun so far. Zags are making Edey uncomfortable

Reaction Score
I stopped paying attention to Syracuse/Tennessee with around 10 min to go and it was pretty close. Surprised to see Cuse get blown out by 17. Just checked the play by play and they got outscored 21-8 in the last 7 minutes. 12-0 in the last 3 minutes

Gonzaga and Purdue is pretty fun so far. Zags are making Edey uncomfortable
Neither look impressive(zags/fighting Edeys)

Reaction Score
This is going to put Cincy back in the tourney. I watched this kid on tv last year in a couple games, and evidently he's gotten better. He's a LOT to handle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wisconsin over Virginia was pretty surprising. UVA still can’t score.

Kansas Maui uniforms are cool. Bill Self lost a lot of weight, not sure if illness related. Dickenson and Harris are probably the best 1-2 any team has. KU playing a lot of freshmen and bench guys against Chaminade.

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score

Kansas Maui uniforms are cool. Bill Self lost a lot of weight, not sure if illness related. Dickenson and Harris are probably the best 1-2 any team has. KU playing a lot of freshmen and bench guys against Chaminade.

Agree on those Kansas uniforms. Those are well designed. KU looks meh.

Reaction Score
On Tuesday, I’ll be covering Sacred Heart’s first of three 11:30 AM start games, with tomorrow’s tilt against Binghamton.

Odd timing, but a unique opportunity to catch the NEC favorites on a weekday morning! The game is streaming for free on NEC Front Row.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree on those Kansas uniforms. Those are well designed. KU looks meh.
They are not playing well, but also getting minutes for the bench. Team is thin and they will need some freshmen other than Jackson to contribute. Furphy started over Adams. Timberlake 0-3 including a missed layup.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score

When I was watching they looked pretty meh. I tell ya, we so lucked out that Timberlake chose Kansas. Difference between he and Spencer is huge.

How about St. Joe's taking Kentucky to OT? All those 5 star recruits and Calipari still sucks.

caw

Reaction Score
When I was watching they looked pretty meh. I tell ya, we so lucked out that Timberlake chose Kansas. Difference between he and Spencer is huge.

How about St. Joe's taking Kentucky to OT? All those 5 star recruits and Calipari still sucks.

What kind of rinky-dink tournament is this that UK is playing in? St. Joes, UK, Stonehill and Texas AM - Commerce?

Reaction Score
Marquette looking like they're going to be in trouble against UCLA. A lot of time to go but UCLA outplaying them in every facet.

Reaction Score
Dylan Andrews goes out for UCLA (maybe cramping?), UCLA misses a couple bunnies and that's all Marquette needs. Ighodaro a couple nasty dunks and suddenly they're back in front.

Reaction Score
Ighodaro with a couple of huge dunks. Marquette on a 15-0 run to take a three point lead all with Kolek on the bench.

caw

Reaction Score
Ighodaro with a couple of huge dunks. Marquette on a 15-0 run to take a three point lead all with Kolek on the bench.

He looks better this game than almost any game I saw of him last year. I love his game in college. Not sure it translates to the NBA.

Reaction Score
This game is wild, it's also crazy UCLA isn't ranked. Bona just had one of the sickest dunks.

Reaction Score
Marquette (especially their role players and Kolek late pullup off the dribble with numbers in transition) taking some ill-advised 3 pointers keeping UCLA in this. Also missing FTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom