Week of 1/8/24 Other Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/8/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never seen that before.
He kicked his leg out. He shouldn’t have even had the shot. A dunk attempt screwed up the net, and they didn’t show it, but I thought the ball went in and someone pushed it back through the hoop. That 3 pt shot just sat in the net.

Reaction Score
This just in: team that schedules nobody in the OOC struggles when they actually play competition
Purdue and Arizona had the toughest high major OOC schedules in the country (together they played @Duke, N-Michigan St, H-Wisconsin, N-Florida Atlantic, H-Xavier, N-Gonzaga, N-Tennessee, N-Marquette, N-Alabama and Arizona/Purdue because they played each other).

They both lost 2 of their first 3 conference away games to unranked competition. So did Houston. It's much more about playing road games than it is about adjusting to competition.

Reaction Score
Gotta admit, I was pissed as hell over our SHU loss, but I have to give credit where credit is due, they're pretty damn good.

I questioned Holloways ability as a coach but now think I was wrong. These kids play and they play hard for the man. They’re not great from a personnel standpoint but they are going to absolutely play every possession like the game is on the line. Impressive job by SH (Shaheen not Seton Hall) and his kids!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I questioned Holloways ability as a coach but now think I was wrong. These kids play and they play hard for the man. They’re not great from a personnel standpoint but they are going to absolutely play every possession like the game is on the line. Impressive job by SH (Shaheen not Seton Hall) and his kids!

Holloway is a wizard. He probably gets less university and booster support than any program in the league except maybe Depaul, and he is in first place about 1/3 of the way through the season. He will have his pick of offers if he keeps this up.

Reaction Score
Purdue and Arizona had the toughest high major OOC schedules in the country (together they played @Duke, N-Michigan St, H-Wisconsin, N-Florida Atlantic, H-Xavier, N-Gonzaga, N-Tennessee, N-Marquette, N-Alabama and Arizona/Purdue because they played each other).

They both lost 2 of their first 3 conference away games to unranked competition. So did Houston. It's much more about playing road games than it is about adjusting to competition.
I definitely was not talking about Purdue or AZ, purely Houston and their inability to win tough games right now because they came in completely untested from their OOC

Reaction Score
I definitely was not talking about Purdue or AZ, purely Houston and their inability to win tough games right now because they came in completely untested from their OOC
That's my point. If the teams that are tested can't do it either, why are you attributing Houston et als inability to do it to them not being tested.

Reaction Score
That's my point. If the teams that are tested can't do it either, why are you attributing Houston et als inability to do it to them not being tested.
That’s fair. My point is more that by scheduling the way that they did, they’ve left it much easier to point to lack of preparation than a likely let down after a rigorous OOC schedule like Purdue / AZ. And why those two deserve to stay much higher in the rankings despite two losses

Reaction Score
Rutgers back to being a bottom feeder in the B1G. Gavin Griffiths also playing moo up minutes at the moment.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
they lost at ISU - a really tough place to play - playing their worst game and by only 4 pts.
they lost to TCU who lost to Kansas at Phog by 2 pts and beat Oklahoma by 9 in consecutive games - both opponents ranked in the top 10. Both games on the road.

Reaction Score
Early game for those off tomorrow in the Hard Hittin’ area:

Thanks for posting this. Biggest NEC game in New Britain since (sadly) 2011. It's a matchup of the remaining 2 unbeaten teams in the conference. At the moment, Kenpom and Torvik have these 2 teams as the 1 and 2 most likely teams to come out of the NEC and into the NCAA tourney--with Sacred Heart as #3. HUGE implications. If you're a UConn fan who is looking for something to do later this afternoon, come on by! Pre-order your tickets here: Central Connecticut State University Athletics

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kudos to all who said nothing as unranked Maryland, on the road, defeated #10 Illinois, after being down at halftime.
I watched Illinois beat Sparty. If they are truly the 10th best team in the country it is a down year. They are a typical Big 10 suck team.

Reaction Score
I watched Illinois beat Sparty. If they are truly the 10th best team in the country it is a down year. They are a typical Big 10 suck team.
They're still ranked highly due to poll inertia. They lost their best player. Though they haven't played THAT much worse without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom