Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had switched off UF vs UK with UF trailing 83-79 with less than 30 secs left, I gotta see how they came back

Reaction Score
I had switched off UF vs UK with UF trailing 83-79 with less than 30 secs left, I gotta see how they came back
They're so tired of Calipari, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they just swallow all that money and get rid of him.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but at the moment, I believe we would need a serious collapse to not land in Brooklyn, regardles of what region we would be placed in. As long as we remain in position to receive a one seed (regardless of whether it's the first or fourth) we'll allso end up on a path to Boston.
We'll need to finish ahead of UNC most likely to get Boston (doesn't matter as much for Brooklyn). They would go Boston over Dallas.

Reaction Score
#3, #5 and #10 already have lost this week but more top 10 losses are incoming this weekend.

#2 Purdue @ #6 Wisconsin
#4 Houston @ #8 Kansas
#5 Tennessee @ #10 Kentucky
#7 Duke @ #3 North Carolina
Honestly, a loss anywhere in the top 10 isn't going to move the needle. But for us we got to be big UNC fans.

Reaction Score
Great job coaching and getting T'd up by Collins. My son is in Paint Crew and he said Mackey was electric and I think a lot of Purdue fans have the utmost respect for Northwestern and their coach
Northwestern probably should have gotten the W
Buie was incredible

Reaction Score
But for us we got to be big UNC fans.

I get your point (UNC being good helps us since we beat them), but there's also the fact that we're competing with them now for seeding.

Wouldn't we rather UNC lose another game or three along the way to clear the path for us to get a #1 seed? Them losing to Duke won't change the fact that they'll be a Q1 win for us, but it would help us gain clear light between them and us seeding-wise.

Reaction Score
Scott Van Pelt said that it was the biggest free throw disparity in a game that they could find in the last 25 years
Part of the news here is that ESPN considers 1998 pre-history. Works out well for UConn when it comes to national titles.

Reaction Score
AJ Storr was a kid we all liked last year and he is in a great game right now v Nebraska. Gotta be up there with Spencer as the most impactful transfers.

Reaction Score
AJ Storr was a kid we all liked last year and he is in a great game right now v Nebraska. Gotta be up there with Spencer as the most impactful transfers.
Why did Pitino run this kid out of St. John's? When he took over he said all the players, except Soriano, couldn't play for him. Storr looks pretty good at Wisconsin. I'd imagine St. John's would be better if they had him.

Purdue is going down on Sunday.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Summer is definitely the best weekend in Syracuse.
Will be in Syracuse next weekend. But it’s February and not nearly as dreary as January.

Reaction Score
#3, #5 and #10 already have lost this week but more top 10 losses are incoming this weekend.

#2 Purdue @ #6 Wisconsin
#4 Houston @ #8 Kansas
#5 Tennessee @ #10 Kentucky
#7 Duke @ #3 North Carolina
Add #6 to the list and that’s 8 top 10 losses guaranteed.

Reaction Score
I get your point (UNC being good helps us since we beat them), but there's also the fact that we're competing with them now for seeding.

Wouldn't we rather UNC lose another game or three along the way to clear the path for us to get a #1 seed? Them losing to Duke won't change the fact that they'll be a Q1 win for us, but it would help us gain clear light between them and us seeding-wise.
You’re going to root for Duke over a team we played and beat? Two issues with this:

1. UNC is a team we played and beat.
2. It’s Duke!

Reaction Score
You’re going to root for Duke over a team we played and beat? Two issues with this:

1. UNC is a team we played and beat.
2. It’s Duke!
If Duke was playing the Spawn of Satan All-Stars, I’m not sure which way I’d go but it wouldn’t be a quick decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom