Week of 1/29 Other games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/29 Other games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That he only plays 11 minutes a game is the point. They have no depth so he has to get some minutes, but 11 isn't much. Our 7th and 8th guys (Johnson and Diarra) are both getting almost 19 minutes a game as reference
I guess you're right that the point is that they have no depth. I'm just surprised that their bench is that bad that he has to play at all. Isn't someone else at guard on their bench better? At UConn he'd be glued to the bench.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'll be honest - I did not realize Syracuse was the 5th (Wiki says 6th) winningest program in history.

1706738195507.png

Reaction Score
I guess you're right that the point is that they have no depth. I'm just surprised that their bench is that bad that he has to play at all. Isn't someone else at guard on their bench better? At UConn he'd be glued to the bench.
Somehow it doesn't seem like they do. Jamari McDowell was a top 100 recruit so maybe he slowly replaces Timberlake. Haven't watched enough Kansas to know if he's ready. I think the Arterio Morris transfer killed them. He came in which likely caused Chris Johnson and Marcus Adams Jr to transfer out. And then he got kicked off the team anyway

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Behind Roumoglou

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I get why everyone likes to dump on SU, but it was the best rivalry UConn has had aside from URI in YanCon days. The SU games were the most fun and I miss it. As it happens I will be very close to SU next weekend and will pass on regards from the BY.

Reaction Score
Quick look at their board has some people still talking about what they can do to make the NCAAs. I don't know, are KenPom 80 teams typically on the bubble?
Lundardi has just 3 ACC teams making it (UNC Duke Clemson), and none in the top 8 just missing the cut. Long way for even UVa to come back.
Palm has VaTech among last 4 in.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Two things contributed to it. 1. Arterio Morris transferred from Texas and was dismissed before playing a game. He would have been a starter playing 20+ minutes. 2. When they went after Hunter Dickinson, the backup 5 and 4 from the prior class (freshmen now sophomores) transferred out. Then Bobby Pettiford Jr. transferred, as did guards MJ Rice and Kyle Cuffe. The entire 2021-22 classes are gone except KJ Adams.

They returned 4 total players from 2022-23. So if you do that and (a) your 5 star guard is just ok, not great and (b) your capable transfer SG from UT is scum and you kick him off the team and (c) your supposedly good transfer SG from Townson stinks, you have problems. I predicted they would in pre-season, thought the #1 ranking was nuts.

They've been lucky that Furphy is better than anybody expected, and McDowell is looking ok.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is like the Big East teams are deliberately creating game outcomes to minimize the number of bids for the conference. Xavier basically has no chance of an at large unless they win 13 games in conference, which is an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom