Week of 1/15/24 Other Games | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/15/24 Other Games

Reaction Score
I also gotta say. I was here for Pitino's first MSG game vs. Michigan. Completely different team. Gotta respect Slick Rick for getting this team to play so much better so quick!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm at the Garden for the Johnies game vs Marquette.

Good game so far. They are pulling progressively better crowds. Good to see for them and for the league. In my eyes there should be about 15k people here. There is probably only like 50 marquette fans which is surprising for a team with a large following

We need Georgetown and DePaul to do better to pick up their own attendances!
I can't wait for the UConn game at MSG vs SJU. It will be a great game and the crowd should be awesome.

Reaction Score
St. John's is playing really connected on D. Such an insane difference compared to the Michigan game earlier this year where guys were just getting blown by and no help at all.

Marquette 0/10 from 3. They've been 30% or worse in 5 of their last 7 games (including this one).

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the UConn game at MSG vs SJU. It will be a great game and the crowd should be awesome.
I'll be here. That game is looking close to a sell out. It gonna be a blast. Cant wait!!!

Reaction Score
Seton Hall playing OK, but the size disparity at the 5 is killing them. Kalk is basically unopposed with his size advantage.

Reaction Score
Tuned into Miami at Syracuse hoping for some schadenfreude, but Miami is not even close to the team that made the Final Four last year. They kind of stink. And I hate to say this, but Devendorf is doing a solid job as an analyst.

Reaction Score
It's annoying these two great Big East games are on at the exact same time. They keep going to commercial at the exact same time as well.
Yeah, that’s why I am avoiding any comments about the St. John’s-Marquette game as I have that one recording. Hopefully the announcers in the Creighton-Seton Hall game don’t spill the beans.

Reaction Score
I also gotta say. I was here for Pitino's first MSG game vs. Michigan. Completely different team. Gotta respect Slick Rick for getting this team to play so much better so quick!
We all knew it was inevitable that Rick would get this team to a much higher level than it has been since 2000. I am glad, too, because it enhances the Big East brand which only helps UConn.

Reaction Score
Two very fun games going on right now. I love the Big East

Reaction Score
Seton Hall looks like a 10-15 ranked team. I know they have some ‘ouch’ losses this year, but they need to be ranked.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So it is better for us if Seton Hall wins right. The higher they ascend in the computer rankings KP/ NET the better our road loss to them gets correct? So really even though we have the same record as SH they are in first Because they own the tie breaker. Just wondering which team winning has more of an impact on our metrics. Creighton is using Alexander to cover Kamari. That seems like a complete mismatch. But is seems the key to covering Kadari is to stop his penetration and try to get him to shoot mid range shots off the dribble. I think Castle is a better match up on Richmond tan Alexander just from a strength standpoint.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen McDermott work officials this hard in awhile. I get his frustration. For as good a defense as Seton Hall plays, they are allowed to be VERY physical. Bumping off screens, hand checking, forearming guys again and again. As physical as they play, they just got called for their 2nd team foul with under 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. It's uncanny to watch how physically they are allowed to play. Don't get me wrong, I like the lack of calls, but I would like to see that in every game, not just their games.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner just fouled Addae Wusu in the elbow with his face. 2 free throws

Seton Hall gets away with so much lmao. But overall not too many fouls being called. Fun game

Reaction Score
Seton Hall looks like a 10-15 ranked team. I know they have some ‘ouch’ losses this year, but they need to be ranked.
It’s those “ouch” losses that are a drag on their resume. Laing at home to Rutgers convincingly, ouch. Losing and getting dominated by USC an under .500 team, ouch

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner just fouled Addae Wusu in the elbow with his face. 2 free throws

Seton Hall gets away with so much lmao. But overall not too many fouls being called. Fun game
Its rediculous. Seton Hall getting away with so much. Did they even look at it.

Reaction Score
So it is better for us if Seton Hall wins right. The higher they ascend in the computer rankings KP/ NET the better our road loss to them gets correct? So really even though we have the same record as SH they are in first Because they own the tie breaker. Just wondering which team winning has more of an impact on our metrics. Creighton is using Alexander to cover Kamari. That seems like a complete mismatch. But is seems the key to covering Kadari is to stop his penetration and try to get him to shoot mid range shots off the dribble. I think Castle is a better match up on Richmond tan Alexander just from a strength standpoint.
I guess you dont care about BE regular season title. Thats the metric I want.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall losing makes it more likely we win the BE regular season title, that's what we want. Neither team winning really affects the metrics much at all

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom