Week of 1/1/24 Other Games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week of 1/1/24 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
filing an sec report first thing monday morning. the big east insider trading to get their mid teams into the tournament is getting a little too obvious.

(still maintain both fau and memphis are better than any non-healthy uconn team and this further proves it)

Reaction Score
filing an sec report first thing monday morning. the big east insider trading to get their mid teams into the tournament is getting a little too obvious.

(still maintain both fau and memphis are better than any non-healthy uconn team and this further proves it)
Ok I maintain that UConn is better than any B12 team.

Reaction Score

You mean the Memphis team that lost to Villanova by 16? And the FAU team that lost to Bryant and FGSU?

My how the mighty posters have fallen :D:rolleyes:

Reactions: MJ1

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
South Carolina just went to 13-1 beating a 12-2 Miss State team. May end up ranked soon.

About to watch Kansas vs TCU.

Reaction Score
I'm really bummed watching the decline of Villanova basketball. I think they're a solid team, but losing Jay Wright was a major blow for that program and college basketball as a whole. I really think he was the best coach in the country from 2014-2022. It was really refreshing to see each Villanova team master so many fundamentals.

-Playing off 2 feet
-Playing out of the triple threat position
-Shooting an extremely high % from the line, year in-year out
-Solid to great defensively- starts with an individual ability to guard the ball across the roster
-An extremely strong culture- An example of this is clapping after every foul called against you regardless if it was a good/bad call. It keeps energy and attitude in the right place.

You can probably pick out some more that I missed, but those are some really important items that you can tangibly see that have declined since Jay left. I'm not saying every team should always play off 2 feet, or always play out of the triple threat. But my point is that GQ Jay and his staff were so good at teaching the basics and it was refreshing to see how far mastering the fundamentals can get you in the one and done era.

Reaction Score
I know it’ll take some time for PC to figure out post-Hopkins life but the offense looks like it will be a big struggle going forward. Funneling almost everything through Carter and Oduro, but probably way easier to guard Oduro without Hopkins. CFJ seems to be the biggest beneficiary of Hopkins’ injury and he has been a total non-factor on offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The end of the SJU Nova game is an absolute joke a hack affair in which they’ve gone from 1:05 to 45 seconds in 10 minutes of real time.
They need to let teams choose to inbound the ball instead of shooting FTs.

Reaction Score
Johnnies up on 'Nova by 12 at 'Nova in 2nd half!

And St. John's just finished them off, by 10, on the road. Anyone who did not realize that Pitino would figure out how to take this team to another level and make them ultra-dangerous and a Top 4 team in the Big East as this season rolls along has not been paying attention over the last 35 years. He is obviously not a good person, but just as obviously he is one of the 3 or 4 best coaches of this era. Soriano had 20 and 8, Jenkins with 18 and Dunlap with 15. And Ledlum did not even play today. They will make the NCAA Tourney and be a very dangerous team that no one will want to see on their side of the bracket.

Our game down at MSG on February 3rd is going to be one of the 3 hardest for us to win the rest of the year. Right up there with @Creighton and @Marquette. Harder than @Villanova.

Reaction Score
You mean the Memphis team that lost to Villanova by 16? And the FAU team that lost to Bryant and FGSU?

My how the mighty posters have fallen :D:rolleyes:
Memphis had to go on a 20-0 run in the 2nd half to only lose by 16 to Nova. What’s hilarious is that this guy never talks about HIS OWN team because he knows how awful they are.

Reaction Score
Watching the PC-Creighton game and I'm not taking back what I said about Scheierman earlier this week. I don't care what the advanced analytics say.

Reaction Score
Providence was down 18 in the second half and it's currently a 5 point game with 5 and a half minutes left

pj

Reaction Score
Memphis had to go on a 20-0 run in the 2nd half to only lose by 16 to Nova. What’s hilarious is that this guy never talks about HIS OWN team because he knows how awful they are.

Cincinnati is better than UCLA, that's his primary ambition.

Reaction Score
What is creighton’s deal? I haven’t really watched a lot of them this year, watching them vs Prov right now and I cannot figure them out.

Feel like the trio of Alexander, Kalk and scheyerman should be as good as it gets in the BE but their losses don’t make sense to me. Now struggling to put an offensively challenged Providence away, at home, when they were up like 16.

Anyone have insights?

Reaction Score
What is creighton’s deal? I haven’t really watched a lot of them this year, watching them vs Prov right now and I cannot figure them out.

Feel like the trio of Alexander, Kalk and scheyerman should be as good as it gets in the BE but their losses don’t make sense to me. Now struggling to put an offensively challenged Providence away, at home, when they were up like 16.

Anyone have insights?
Ashworth is not what he was advertised as. They miss Nembhard (that was a lose-lose transfer) and they miss the toughness from Kaluma

They have enough firepower in their big 3 to be very competitive, but if those guys are off then they have nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom