Week 9 - Other Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week 9 - Other Games

Reaction Score
Iowa State, on the road, holds on to beat TCU.
Hopefully, another boost for our NET.
This is big. It's a bloodbath conference and they're one of the worst teams (but still a top 50 possible tournament team), so they may lose a bunch of games and fall in the NET (because NET punishes losing regardless of margin more than KenPom/Torvik does). So a few road wins goes a long way to stabilizing.

Reaction Score
This is big. It's a bloodbath conference and they're one of the worst teams (but still a top 50 possible tournament team), so they may lose a bunch of games and fall in the NET (because NET punishes losing regardless of margin more than KenPom/Torvik does). So a few road wins goes a long way to stabilizing.
Iowa St & TCU both top 25 so not sure what you mean by worst teams? Don't see Iowa St out of top 30 this year and should easily be a tourney team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Xavier just keeps scoring and Nova can’t stop them or make enough shots to keep up. Big win by X at Nova.

Reaction Score
Xavier has a lot of weapons. Guessing the BE comes down to them and us. Our game at home is a must win.

Reaction Score
What a difference a year makes. A healthy Fremantle is really the total package and can score from just about anywhere. I seriously didn’t think he was going to return to form. Need a healthy SJ defending him when X comes to us.

Reaction Score
Xavier has a lot of weapons. Guessing the BE comes down to them and us. We owe them one.
Miller is much better than Steele. As another poster on here put it, early in the season Miller had to clean the stench of Travis Steele off this team. Also Souley Boum is so much better than Paul Scruggs

Reaction Score
What a difference a year makes. A healthy Fremantle is really the total package and can score from just about anywhere. I seriously didn’t think he was going to return to form. Need a healthy SJ defending him when X comes to us.
He never really recovered from his foot injury last year

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Miller is much better than Steele. As another poster on here put it, early in the season Miller had to clean the stench of Travis Steele off this team. Also Souley Boum is so much better than Paul Scruggs

Souley Boum is one of my favorite non-UConn players, and one of the very few that I wish was on UConn. You could drop him onto literally any team in college basketball and he would make every player on that team better.

This guy was playing in front of a few thousand in UTEP the last two years, and now he is leading one of the Top 15 teams in the country. I wonder how many Souley Boums there are toiling in obscurity because they didn't get the right offer out of high school.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Anyone else catch the end of the Hall-Butler game? Seton Hall player goes up for a highlight dunk up 25 with :29 seconds left and is fouled. Video pans to Shaheen Holloway who’s arguing with a ref and mouths “don’t blame me, im just the coach”

Reaction Score
Kansas State and Keyontae Johnson is one of my favorite storylines of the season. Johnson is healthy and thriving. This past week has had to be a little unsettling for him. Tang paid his dues and then some (19 years as an assistant!) and deserves every good thing coming his way.

Reaction Score
I’m home alone tonight, it’s just me and the dogs, so for some reason I’m watching Gonzaga in a dog fight with Santa Clara on the road. Zags just took their largest lead of the night (4 points) with 6 minutes left.

Every team in this conference outside of Gonzaga would be a “pesky mid-major capable of pulling off an upset if they play their A game and catch UConn sleeping” if they came to Gampel.

Reaction Score
Kansas State and Keyontae Johnson is one of my favorite storylines of the season. Johnson is healthy and thriving. This past week has had to be a little unsettling for him. Tang paid his dues and then some (19 years as an assistant!) and deserves every good thing coming his way.
The dynamic of him leaving Florida is really interesting. Obviously he wanted to keep playing, thus the transfer. So Florida either lost him somehow in the process of his recovery or hiring a coach so he wanted to transfer, or they didn't think he could contribute. Either way, looks like a big ouch.

Reaction Score
Iowa 42 Rutgers 30 at the half.
Not what I was expecting.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
This is my first time seeing Pickett play for Penn St. He is fun to watch. Tough.

Did the too small sign after getting a scoop under Edey lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom