Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24

Reaction Score
So is Oregon just incredibly unlucky? Santa Clara went nuts shooting 3s against them as well. Or maybe they have just about the worst 3 point defense in history. I watched SCU against Oregon St. and they looked BAD.
Kelly Graves has got to go

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oklahoma has missed 23 consecutive THREEs and has only 3 FG in the second half.
Both teams look awful. I've basically seen two things--missed shots and fouls. That's all that either team is doing.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The number of unbeatens is now 11, after Tulsa handed Texas Tech its first loss of the season, 66-58.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Texas Tech is about to pick up their first loss of the season...to Tulsa.
Tulsa is a power 5 killer this season. Wins now over Clemson (the ACC leader), Florida (from the mighty SEC) and now previously undefeated juggernaut Texas Tech Lady Raiders.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Both teams look awful. I've basically seen two things--missed shots and fouls. That's all that either team is doing.
It was a really ugly game. 24 fouls in the first half alone. UNC looked ragged early, but wow OU looked "turrible" in the 2nd half, kinda like a toddler up way past bedtime. Just ice cold in the 2nd half, and 1 of 26 for the game from 3.

The experience of Kelly, Ustby and Donarski really carried the 2nd half for UNC. The Tar Heels look dysfunctional a lot of the time, but they held it together better than OU. I still don't understand how they gave South Carolina such a close game.

It's not often I root for an ACC team over a Big 12 team, but UConn needs the UNC win to hold up as semi-significant and, meanwhile, OU's loss to Tennessee means they're on my thumbs-down list for the rest of the season :)

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, first child of a player since I started following the sport in 95.

Neveah Tot of Oklahoma is the daughter of Helen Darling. Darling was on the 2000 Penn St team that lost to UConn in the final 4.
Helen Darling was a fantastic player, one of my favorite point guards from that era.

It's easy to forget now that Penn State was really good there for a while.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing Boomer Sooner. Just when I was about to break out the Rogers and Hammerstein :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow, first child of a player since I started following the sport in 95.

Neveah Tot of Oklahoma is the daughter of Helen Darling. Darling was on the 2000 Penn St team that lost to UConn in the final 4.

She was the PG of my Charlotte Sting after Dawn Staley left.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
The box score is like nothing I can remember. Between the teams there were 11 assists, 38 turnovers, 49 fouls, and 86 missed field goal attempts.
So...you are saying it was not a thing of beauty?

I watched it live...it wasn't. Unless you like a lot of defense and the "clank" sound of basketballs bouncing off the rims.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
And you left out the two teams combined to go 4 of 41 from THREE.

Reaction Score
Okahoma going 1-26 from 3 has me wondering how many teams have ever shot that poorly. Usually after 20 or so attempts, a team tries to find alternatives

Reaction Score
UCLA next year will be scary. All those sophomores they have will be a year older and better and they have a good recruiting class. Kiki Rice commitment caused a domino effect. Feel like Watkins at USC will be the same way. Wonder if they can maintain being a good team for a while or fizzle out like Ionescu and Oregon

Reaction Score
Just watched Arkansas beat Illinois on a last-second shot in the West Palm Beach Classic. I'm a fan of Mike Neighbors and a big admirer of what Shawna Green has done at Illinois, so I was going to have mixed feelings regardless. Fun game.

Also, I'm still enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers as my FloHoops subscription is still alive until the 24th.

Reaction Score
Ok not to sound like a coneheaded conspiracy theorist, but did someone tamper with the baskets? I'm terrible at basketball but I think even I could hit 4 of 41 contested treys...
Vandy has a redshirt sophomore, Iyana Moore, who is 0 for 20 from beyond the arc over the last several games. Does that count? Oh, and she also holds the program's single-game record for made threes with nine in a game her freshman year, so she can shoot. She sat out last year with an ACL and just can't find her stroke.

My bold prediction: Today's the day. She'll light up Dayton and head to the Christmas break with a big smile on her face. She has a great smile. :D

Reaction Score
When SoCal and ULCA meet this year, will there be 1,000 in attendance?

Nobody will be watching the PAC network.

Reaction Score
Just watched Arkansas beat Illinois on a last-second shot in the West Palm Beach Classic. I'm a fan of Mike Neighbors and a big admirer of what Shawna Green has done at Illinois, so I was going to have mixed feelings regardless. Fun game.

Also, I'm still enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers as my FloHoops subscription is still alive until the 24th.
I've got till the 22nd to binge what I missed.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Interesting not worthy game was live on YouTube courtesy of FloHoops - Seton Hall at Georgetown. The Hoyas lit SH up in the 1st quarter, leading 21-2. The Pirates fought back in the 2nd to make it 31-17 Georgetown at the half. SH then outscored them 40-18 in the 2nd half to win 57-49.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Chicago St. with the dubious honor of being the first to reach 20 losses. 0-20 before Christmas. Their season is almost over already.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ok not to sound like a coneheaded conspiracy theorist, but did someone tamper with the baskets? I'm terrible at basketball but I think even I could hit 4 of 41 contested treys...
I would pay a modest sum to see video of this hypothesis testing.

Just watched Arkansas beat Illinois uh on a last-second shot in the West Palm Beach Classic. I'm a fan of Mike Neighbors and a big admirer of what Shawna Green has done at Illinois, so I was going to have mixed feelings regardless. Fun game.
As pleasantly surprising as Illinois was last year in Shauna Greene’s first year, this season has been a disappointment so far. Their last three outings have been disastrous, getting blown out by Michigan and losing to both Missouri and Arkansas, neither of which are good teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom