Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Washington will be the next unbeaten to bite the dust. They didn't show me much tonight. Louisville certainly didn't play well, but were better at playing ugly. UW is going to see MUCH better teams in Pac 12 play, this is not a good sign.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And that was a really rotten day for the Pac 12.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I can see that Washington is a decent team. They have length, and they have some shooters. I'm not sure they're a legit top 25 team, but they'll probably end up around 6th or 7th in the very top-heavy Pac-12 and make the NCAA tournament.

I'm not at all a fan of pressing when you're down 10 with under 15 seconds to play. Borderline classless. Good grief, just take the L and move on.

Also not a fan of these patsy nonconference schedules. Tina must have mistakenly thought they were scheduling Lewis & Clark College and then was chagrined to realize it was the University of Louisville.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They have length,
Uh, they have 1 player with length in Daniels. That's it. They got abused on the glass tonight. Louisville isn't even that tall, but they have some girth.

I've been concerned about poor offense most of the year. They were only giving up 45 ppg, but that was against terrible teams. The way they played tonight is going to get them a lot of losses in conference play. They have to figure out how to put the dang ball in the hoop.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Uh, they have 1 player with length in Daniels. That's it. They got abused on the glass tonight. Louisville isn't even that tall, but they have some girth.

I've been concerned about poor offense most of the year. They were only giving up 45 ppg, but that was against terrible teams. The way they played tonight is going to get them a lot of losses in conference play. They have to figure out how to put the dang ball in the hoop.
In my parlance “length” isn't synonymous with “size.” Schwartz, Briggs, Ladine and Stines are what I would describe as “long guards.”

Both teams made it hard for the opponent to score. Louisville doesn't have good shooters and they look very disjointed at times, but they won this game (and especially the rebounding battle) on physicality and effort, not size or girth.

Edit to add: I do agree, however, that UW is lacking “size” in the post beyond Daniels. When she went to the bench with 4 fouls, Louisville really had a mismatch in the post and somehow could never exploit it.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just don't really think of the UW players as being long. They are almost all 5-10 to 6-0. I'm not aware of any of them having exceptionally long arms.

Reaction Score
Very good week for the Mississippi State Bulldogs. MS won at Memphis Sunday then won tonight at Colorado State. L Park-Lane had 33 points and 6 assists going 10-17 from the three point line. MS is 12-2 going into the break. 6-4 R Parker (knee and out for the season) and 6-4 N Gony (out for another couple of weeks) being out hurts front court depth. Further, players are still trying to figure their roles, especially the transfers. However it has been fun watching them grow.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Florida is trouncing Michigan. Yet another who can figure what is going to happen result in this strange year.
The scattergram on both of these teams is, well, quite scattered. Florida recently lost to Marshall and Tulsa, and then they dominate Michigan. Michigan gets blown out by Toledo, blows out Illinois and then gets blown out by Florida. I give up.

And that was a really rotten day for the Pac 12.
Try to see the glass half full. Rather than lament the face-plants by Washington State, Arizona and Washington, maybe focus on celebrating the signature wins by Arizona State and Stanford?

And Oregon State tonight caps off its arduous nonconference slate against the mighty Lady Raiders of Lubbock.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke takes care of Toledo with a convincing 70-45 score. Freshman Jadyn Donovan with 12 pts 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, including a highlight worthy one. She is gonna be a beast on the defense end.

@LoTrader

Washington will be the next unbeaten to bite the dust. They didn't show me much tonight. Louisville certainly didn't play well, but were better at playing ugly. UW is going to see MUCH better teams in Pac 12 play, this is not a good sign.

And back in the closet my Husky hat will go.

Reaction Score
I believe Fairfield's star senior - Janelle Brown - has a grad year of eligibility and will probably have more than a few top schools reaching out. She is skilled, quick, ultra-athletic and can just about do it all. The only drawback is that she's on the smaller side at 5'6". I hope she'll stick around Fairfield, but either way the program looks like it is positioning itself for a good run.
Carly Thibeault (sic) continuing the family coaching tree after her father and brother. Love to see it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a throw away the record book game. Davidson smashes cross county rival Charlotte 83-56. They finish out their non-conference slate with a record of 11-1. Impressive that they are still winning without their best player Sutphin. Not sure when she will return.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon managed to beat Oklahoma St. Mid majors are kryptonite for the Ducks this year, but I guess they can handle a middle of the road P5 team.

Reaction Score
Very good week for the Mississippi State Bulldogs. MS won at Memphis Sunday then won tonight at Colorado State. L Park-Lane had 33 points and 6 assists going 10-17 from the three point line. MS is 12-2 going into the break. 6-4 R Parker (knee and out for the season) and 6-4 N Gony (out for another couple of weeks) being out hurts front court depth. Further, players are still trying to figure their roles, especially the transfers. However it has been fun watching them grow.
What would you call their marquee win to date? Didn’t they beat Clemson by three and Belmont by one? They have played one of the weakest schedules in the country. They lost to Miami, ok, but Chattanooga? Dear lord. Hold up on the MSU love, there is a good reason they are rated so low.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What would you call their marquee win to date? Didn’t they beat Clemson by three and Belmont by one? They have played one of the weakest schedules in the country. They lost to Miami, ok, but Chattanooga? Dear lord. Hold up on the MSU love, there is a good reason they are rated so low.
I hear you on this, Belmont has a NET of 74 and Colorado State has a NET of 61 so those are their two biggest wins. But let's be honest here, after SC and LSU the SEC has a lot of nut'en. After those two, I would venture Alabama is 3rd then MSU, then gosh knows. What I do know is I am not a beliver in the NET for Texas A&M and need to see them beat someone with a pulse as their best win is over Kansas at home.

Reaction Score
I said they had a good week, players are still trying to figure their roles, and it’s been fun watching them grow as a team. How did you get any of your pontification from that?

Reaction Score
In my parlance “length” isn't synonymous with “size.” Schwartz, Briggs, Ladine and Stines are what I would describe as “long guards.”

Both teams made it hard for the opponent to score. Louisville doesn't have good shooters and they look very disjointed at times, but they won this game (and especially the rebounding battle) on physicality and effort, not size or girth.

Edit to add: I do agree, however, that UW is lacking “size” in the post beyond Daniels. When she went to the bench with 4 fouls, Louisville really had a mismatch in the post and somehow could never exploit it.
I enjoy watching Louisville play, especially O Cochran but I agree they can sometimes look a little disjointed. I was looking at Louisville’s stats and saw seven players are playing between 20 and 24 minutes, the next two 17 and 14 respectively and 8 and 7 for the last two on the roster. I understand Coach Walz is trying to work in a lot of transfers and determine roles. However I would have thought there would have been at least a couple of players in the upper 20s or lower 30s in minutes.

Reaction Score
I hear you on this, Belmont has a NET of 74 and Colorado State has a NET of 61 so those are their two biggest wins. But let's be honest here, after SC and LSU the SEC has a lot of nut'en. After those two, I would venture Alabama is 3rd then MSU, then gosh knows. What I do know is I am not a beliver in the NET for Texas A&M and need to see them beat someone with a pulse as their best win is over Kansas at home.
Based on her track I’m not high on Coach Taylor’s coaching ability. However she has amassed a lot of talent. I didn’t think L Ware would be recovered to produce like her current rate. It really allows J Barker the freedom to move around to different spots instead of being confined to the post.

Reaction Score
Wondered the same. Illness?
Supposedly, Juju and Rayah were out with undisclosed injuries. Possibly, the kind of injuries that don't keep you out of marquee matchups, but do keep you out of lower level affairs... (pure speculation)

I would expect them both to be back against the Bruins on December 30.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Supposedly, Juju and Rayah were out with undisclosed injuries. Possibly, the kind of injuries that don't keep you out of marquee matchups, but do keep you out of lower level affairs... (pure speculation)

I would expect them both to be back against the Bruins on December 30.
Watkins’ and Marshall’s unavailability was attributed to illness. I’m curious what source you heard “undisclosed injuries” from.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

20220628_232421.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
Horrendous loss by Oklahoma today, at home, against Southern University, 79-70. The Jaguars outscored the Sooners 28-12 in 4Q.

Coming into this game, Southern was 1-9 and their only win was over an NAIA team (Louisiana Christian). Granted, Southern had played a very difficult schedule of true road games at power 5 schools, but they also had a loss to #321 Northwestern State.

If the Tennessee fans were hoping that their win over Oklahoma would be meaningful, they'll need to find something else to hope for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom