Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 7 - Dec 18 to 24

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As pleasantly surprising as Illinois was last year in Shauna Greene’s first year, this season has been a disappointment so far. Their last three outings have been disastrous, getting blown out by Michigan and losing to both Missouri and Arkansas, neither of which are good teams.
I was just thinking they were one of the bigger disappointments this season. Oklahoma too. An early road win over Ole Miss maybe isn't as good as it appeared at the time, and they haven't done much since then. Losses to Princeton, Tennessee, UNLV and North Carolina (one at home, 3 on neutral coursts), and wins over absolutely nobody of significance. Only 6-4 on the season. I can't really see them being a Tourney team based on their body of work at this point in time.

Reaction Score
Coach Barnes appears to have assumed today's game was in Las Vegas as she attempts to channel Kim Mulkey in an eye popping, head ache inducing, head scratching sequined, black outfit.

I suspect she prepared the kitties for a Gonzaga defense that, unlike the Devils who the kitties torched (13 for 20) do defend the three line.

Reaction Score
I watched the Fairfield-Manhattan game tonight, and Fairfield blew it open in the second half to win by 26. I really enjoy watching them since they played at Vandy early in the season. Vandy had them down big in the second half, but they just kept working and eventually only lost by three. Coach Ralph was full of praise for them after the game, pointing to their discipline and consistency as something she is trying to instill in her own team.

They have a freshman, Meghan Anderson, who is a really nice player.
I believe Fairfield's star senior - Janelle Brown - has a grad year of eligibility and will probably have more than a few top schools reaching out. She is skilled, quick, ultra-athletic and can just about do it all. The only drawback is that she's on the smaller side at 5'6". I hope she'll stick around Fairfield, but either way the program looks like it is positioning itself for a good run.

Reaction Score
The first task for the new Arizona State AD will be to send the ASU coach back to Delaware and hire a Power 5 coach.

Adair has failed in recruiting, preparation and coaching. Following her 20 lost campaign last year, Adair opened conference play with a 91-52 loss to in state rival Uarizona. The kitties can't balance a check book, BUT against an Adair team that resolutely refuses to defend the perimeter can hit 13 for 20 beyond the arc.

Following this debacle, the Devil's repeated the refusal to defend in the first game of the Jerry Colangelo Classic doubleheader against the Bulldogs. No not the Dogs that lead the kitties at the half, but Fresno State.

Earlier this year the Grand Canyon Antelopes held the Fresno bulldogs to 36.points. Adair in the first game today got a 80-76 win as the Sun Devils again refused to defend the three line allowing 12 makes out of 25 attempts by the Dogs.

In the last 2 games against average and mediocre opposition the Adair coached Devils have allowed 25 for 45 from 3 land!!

Ray Anderson former ASU AD committed management malpractice by commission and omission.

ASU needs to move QUICKLY for many and obvious reasons to get a competent AD, fire Adair, and get a Power 5 level coach in place.

In other news....

In the second game, at the half, I can say Ejim is the real deal and the kitties are challenged when on the floor with a team that defends... the perimeter, the paint and the ball.

For the kitties ..Gilbert can ball and Pueyo has had a solid half

Wonder where Coach Barnes got that outfit?

Btw...at the 8:31 mark of the 3rd quarter love the coaching contrast during the kitties time out

Reaction Score
Washington St. lost to Auburn. Didn't see that coming. Cal beat Auburn by 14. Cougs are struggling a bit early on.
That struck me as some weird scheduling. Why on earth would they travel all that distance to play Auburn? Is there a connection between the coaches or something?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Oklahoma St. is no Oregon. They beat mighty Utah Tech 87-61. Maybe the Ducks wore out UT yesterday.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The box score is like nothing I can remember. Between the teams there were 11 assists, 38 turnovers, 49 fouls, and 86 missed field goal attempts.
Speaking of ugly box scores, the Baylor-Providence game today featured 47 turnovers and 40 fouls

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That struck me as some weird scheduling. Why on earth would the travel all that distance to play Auburn. Is there a connection between the coaches or something?
I'm not aware of any tie. It wasn't so they could get in multiple road games on one trip. They played at home on Sunday. No more games til after New Years.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, Oklahoma St. is no Oregon. They beat mighty Utah Tech 87-61. Maybe the Ducks wore out UT yesterday.
Live by the 3, die by the 3.

Utah Tech shot 21 of 31 from the arc yesterday; "only" 8 of 24 today. That differential of 13 made 3s is the more than the difference in their points totals yesterday (92) and today (61).

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Georgia has been another disappointment. Lost badly at home to Georgia Tech, and worst of all, lost to a team that got beat by Clemson :cool:

Won’t see me shedding any tears for coach Abe, however

tech.gif

Technical foul for abusive language.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The first task for the new Arizona State AD will be to send the ASU coach back to Delaware and hire a Power 5 coach.

Adair has failed in recruiting, preparation and coaching. Following her 20 lost campaign last year, Adair opened conference play with a 91-52 loss to in state rival Uarizona. The kitties can't balance a check book, BUT against an Adair team that resolutely refuses to defend the perimeter can hit 13 for 20 beyond the arc.

Following this debacle, the Devil's repeated the refusal to defend in the first game of the Jerry Colangelo Classic doubleheader against the Bulldogs. No not the Dogs that lead the kitties at the half, but Fresno State.

Earlier this year the Grand Canyon Antelopes held the Fresno bulldogs to 36.points. Adair in the first game today got a 80-76 win as the Sun Devils again refused to defend the three line allowing 12 makes out of 25 attempts by the Dogs.

In the last 2 games against average and mediocre opposition the Adair coached Devils have allowed 25 for 45 from 3 land!!

Ray Anderson former ASU AD committed management malpractice by commission and omission.

ASU needs to move QUICKLY for many and obvious reasons to get a competent AD, fire Adair, and get a Power 5 level coach in place.

In other news....

In the second game, at the half, I can say Ejim is the real deal and the kitties are challenged when on the floor with a team that defends... the perimeter, the paint and the ball.

For the kitties ..Gilbert can ball and Pueyo has had a solid half

Wonder where Coach Barnes got that outfit?

Btw...at the 8:31 mark of the 3rd quarter love the coaching contrast during the kitties time out
Just so you know, I love your consistent use of the diminutive “kitties” :D

In fairness to Adair, the cupboard was left bare for her by the predecessor. But she has done little to inspire confidence since her arrival.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That struck me as some weird scheduling. Why on earth would they travel all that distance to play Auburn? Is there a connection between the coaches or something?

Land Grant helping another Land Grant.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="YoDore, post: 4826051, member: 12010]

[/QUOTE]

Probably not easy to get P5 home and homes. So if Auburn agreed…

Also not bad to go somewhere warm before break, and pkayers.can leave from there — don’t have to go back to the Alaskan wilderness. I mean Pullman.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Send the Cougs to the WCC.
WCC membership has hardly prevented Gonzaga from wrecking the Pac-12 this season. Lopsided wins over both Stanford and today Arizona. Ironically the one P12 team they lost to is the one who will be its conference mate next season.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Saniya Rivers will miss her third consecutive game for NC State for its game against Old Dominion.

Reaction Score
Just so you know, I love your consistent use of the diminutive “kitties” :D

In fairness to Adair, the cupboard was left bare for her by the predecessor. But she has done little to inspire confidence since her arrival.
:)

CTT "retired" in April, two years ago due to.....Ray Anderson, lack of support and the changing landscape. 2 of her commits decommitted and 3 players left and played for other D1 programs.

Adair brought Ty Skinner with her.

She (Adair) has been unsuccessful recruiting the level of athlete needed and 0 NIL support leads to no portal input.

The kitties have a 2 hour bus ride back to the dirty t after the mauling by the dogs

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
WCC membership has hardly prevented Gonzaga from wrecking the Pac-12 this season. Lopsided wins over both Stanford and today Arizona. Ironically the one P12 team they lost to is the one who will be its conference mate next season.
There's Gonzaga, and then there's everybody else in the WCC. Mauling Oregon this year doesn't count.

Plebe

Reaction Score
:)

CTT "retired" in April, two years ago due to.....Ray Anderson, lack of support and the changing landscape. 2 of her commits decommitted and 3 players left and played for other D1 programs.

Adair brought Ty Skinner with her.

She (Adair) has been unsuccessful recruiting the level of athlete needed and 0 NIL support leads to no portal input.

The kitties have a 2 hour bus ride back to the dirty t after the mauling by the dogs
ASU has a bit of a reputation of going cheap on its "nonrevenue" sports. They lucked into a fantastic hire with the new volleyball coach, who just took them to their best season since the 80s, but now they better work to keep him.

The Adair hire was a major head-scratcher and from what you say she's pretty much been set up for failure.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida is trouncing Michigan. Yet another who can figure what is going to happen result in this strange year.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
NC State placed 6 Wolfpack Women in double figures, led by 17 points from Madison Hayes, to run away from Old Dominion, 87-50.

The Wolfpack Women are off now until starting conference play at Virginia on New Year's Eve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom