Week 4: Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 4: Other Games

Reaction Score
I kinda want UNC to win bc it makes UConn look a bit better and I want another undefeated team off the board, but I also just want them to lose. Tough choice.

MSU looks like trash. They play like some of UConn's worst teams, all junk 1 on 1.
UNC is the same. They're running screen actions to get Davis and Love long 2s. And when they're not, Davis and Love are still just pulling up for long 2s.

I think Hubert Davis might be thought about like Kevin Ollie in a few years...

caw

Reaction Score
UNC is the same. They're running screen actions to get Davis and Love long 2s. And when they're not, Davis and Love are still just pulling up for long 2s.

Agree on the first point. Not sure on the second point. Ollie pretty much gave up.

Reaction Score

I fully expect Hubert to go like Mike Davis and Kevin Ollie. Caught lightning in a bottle right away at a powerhouse and then reality sets in.

Reaction Score
I hadn't watched an Indiana home game in such a long time and I couldn't help but notice the architecture. Such a strange/unique design for a basketball arena. You've got these huge concrete walls on both ends of the court taking up space, yet the place seats 17k. Seemed like going back in time tonight.

1669871145054.png

Reaction Score
Bloomington. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer over to the right. Nice campus.

1669872409193.png

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Please tell me someone else saw the catastrophe that was the end of regulation of Samford-DePaul.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score

I watched uNC's huddles in one of the PKI games and it was the same as what I've seen going on in Memphis' huddles. Maybe not all the time, but it seems to be most of the time, an assistant speaks with the players in the huddle, not the HC.

When Hubert (like Hardaway) calls a timeout, an assistant, in uNC's case, some middle aged white guy with a clipboard, talks to the team. It's like Hubert doesn't know what to say.

My brother in law disagrees and told me he took the team to the championship game his first year, to which I responded KO won the championship in his second year and look what happened after that. We shall see, but it's hard to believe he's the answer when he has no head coaching experience and in today's world how much time will uNC give him to grow into the job?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Please tell me someone else saw the catastrophe that was the end of regulation of Samford-DePaul.

And overtime.

I don't know how to describe it. I've never seen a team try to close out another team by sending them to the free thrown line 800 times.

Reaction Score
Bloomington. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer over to the right. Nice campus.

View attachment 81349
Nothing quite like Assembly Hall and the tradition it brings to the IU campus. Little 500 is held at the soccer stadium. The old fieldhouse in the center of campus has some some of the most competitive pick up hoop games anywhere. It's nice to see my school become relevant again in hoops- Thank you Mike Woodson

Reaction Score
Nothing quite like Assembly Hall and the tradition it brings to the IU campus. Little 500 is held at the soccer stadium. The old fieldhouse in the center of campus has some some of the most competitive pick up hoop games anywhere. It's nice to see my school become relevant again in hoops- Thank you Mike Woodson

It’s nice to see IU successful again. Can you touch upon how Mike Woodson is recruiting so well?

Reaction Score
The most important thing he did for this season is to get Trace Jackson Davis and Race Thompson to return. Having an NBA background will definitely help him recruit.

IU has not done a good job keeping Indiana kids in state- Matt Painter at Purdue has landed 4 Mr Basketball kids for his program.
I think 80% of the Boilermaker squad is Indiana kids.
The IU /Purdue games will be incredible this year

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Where's the boutique where they buy those fugly striped pajama bottoms?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have a life, you know!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I fully expect Hubert to go like Mike Davis and Kevin Ollie. Caught lightning in a bottle right away at a powerhouse and then reality sets in.
Hubert "Mike" Davis

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Little known IU fact- Indiana is one of a very few Universities that does not have a mascot
That is a blessing, I think.

They're Hoosiers, for the love of God.

What would that make their mascot? A tire?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It wasn't that bad. Depaul sucking is not exactly breaking news. Samford was hurling themselves into Depaul players looking for calls, and they got a few. As far as two bad teams playing, it was entertaining, and both teams shot well.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What's a Hoosier?

The first and possibly most popular theory as to why we're called Hoosiers is because a man named Samuel Hoosier, who was contracted to built a canal along the Ohio River in the 1820s, preferred to hire men from Indiana. These men were called "Hoosier's Men," which was eventually shortened to Hoosiers.

A second theory attributed to Gov. Joseph Wright derived Hoosier from
an Indian word for corn, "hoosa." Indiana flatboatmen taking corn or maize to New Orleans came to be known as "hoosa men" or Hoosiers.

A friend of mine from Indiana dismissed both these theories. He said the term came about because residents would always ask who's your ma who's your pa.

Reaction Score
When's Nova supposed to be getting their injured dudes back?
Cam Whitmore had a similar injury to Andre so he should be back soon, haven't seen an official date but December seems about right. Justin Moore is still pretty far away from the recent reports, so haven't even seen a general timeline yet

Reaction Score
I always think of this squad. 31-4

Roster​

PlayerClassPosHeightSummary
Calbert CheaneySRG6-722.4 Pts, 6.4 Reb, 2.4 Ast
Greg GrahamSRG6-416.5 Pts, 3.2 Reb, 2.9 Ast
Matt NoverSRC6-811.0 Pts, 5.9 Reb, 0.7 Ast
Damon BaileyJRG6-310.1 Pts, 3.3 Reb, 4.1 Ast
Alan HendersonSOF6-911.1 Pts, 8.1 Reb, 0.9 Ast
Brian EvansFRF6-85.3 Pts, 3.9 Reb, 1.3 Ast
Todd LearyJRG6-34.8 Pts, 1.0 Reb, 1.2 Ast
Chris ReynoldsSRG6-13.2 Pts, 2.0 Reb, 2.9 Ast
Pat GrahamJRG6-56.5 Pts, 1.3 Reb, 1.4 Ast