Week 3: Other Games | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Week 3: Other Games

Reaction Score
I actually can't understand how somebody could form some of these opinions on Andre... Even if you do nothing but watch the ball the whole time, you can clearly see the impact he has on the game. His defense on and off the ball is elite, and he is a proven facilitator at the college level.

I'm really starting to think people just drank the kool-aid all summer and convinced themselves he'd be a 15ppg scorer for no tangible reason

Reaction Score
I actually can't understand how somebody could form some of these opinions on Andre... Even if you do nothing but watch the ball the whole time, you can clearly see the impact he has on the game. His defense on and off the ball is elite, and he is a proven facilitator at the college level.

I'm really starting to think people just drank the kool-aid all summer and convinced themselves he'd be a 15ppg scorer for no tangible reason
He blocked a 6'8" future NBA lottery pick's 3 pointer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know about his shot per se. There are unorthodox shooters that are great. He does seem a bit lost finding his O. Part of it is the team really doesn’t need his O. Playing hard D, passing and hit the boards is hugely helpful. Forcing shots that just aren’t going down, isn’t.

Reaction Score
Pretty uninteresting day today. Houston/Kent State has potential to be a game, but Houston is really good so probably won't be that close. Other than that it's Iowa and TCU matching up which is 2 borderline top 25 teams (Iowa snuck in at 25, TCU dropped out)

Reaction Score
Here are the numbers, in 20 minutes per game, 2.3 pts per game, 26% shooting, 12% 3 pt shooting, 0% foul shooting (0-2), 14 assts, 9 turnovers.
So far, a total liability when he is out there.
Like to know the + or - when he is out there. I am willing to bet the team is + when he is out there. He is far from a liability. Don’t know what game you are watching.

Reaction Score
Amazing athlete. Terrible basketball IQ. Tries these crazy passes that are often picked off or deflected. Either that or the player the pass is intended for can’t catch them. There is a art to passing. Karaban passes 25x better and hits the player where they can shoot it in the shooters pocket or move the ball.
Has no jumper. And plays out of control. Great rebounder though.

He is a plus defender when he is not taking risks for a block or a steal. The problem is he is too often taking those risks.

He needs to be coached up and adjustments need to be made.

I like him and am blown away at his athleticism but this team is a different team than the last two years we are loaded with high IQ basketball players. We don’t just need athletes we need high IQ athletes that are basketball players.
I think the opposite, yes we would love Jackson to make better choices but his free playing style has meshed with our other players giving the team that edge. Of course in crucial situations we need him to calm down and take care of the ball but his wild play adds an edge to our team and gets everyone else going. He adds toughness.

Reaction Score
I'm sorta ok with his shot. It's not good by any means, but I'm confident it will start to fall. He's pretty amped up right now. His shot looks rushed.

Seems like a lot is going through his head. He now knows he's got some horses. He also wants to be the leader and the mystro. Which is a brand new proposition for him at this level. We are literally only a few games into this point forward endeavor (which i dont really buy, but that doesn't matter, I trust coaches on this issue). He missed practice time and many of his opportunities against cupcakes to learn this new role.

As others have said, he needs time. Meanwhile, he's lights out on D, brings great energy and attitude, and has made some really nice passes in transition.

Let em learn by doing.

Reaction Score
So.. Lets say you're an NBA scout..At last night's game to check out this kid Miller..The buzz from your fellow scouts is he's a Top 5 pick.. He has a decent game but who is the cat that's in his grill --taking him out of his game??Assisting/facilitating and getting 50/50 balls/rebounds.Work ethic/energy.. Guys who get paid a lot of money to discover CBB players/find CBB players..They get it.. That's Andre's value..

Reaction Score
Crazy gifted athlete. I would compare him to a Dennis Rodman that can rebound, dribble, and run the fast break. Great defensive player who can defend just about any position on the floor. One of the ugliest shots I have seen in a major college player, but too important not to have on the court.

Reaction Score
If he can make 33% of his three pointers (all of which will be wide open because of how our offense works and how defenses play him), and nothing else changes, then all is forgiven and we will be singing his praises for years

Reaction Score
Like to know the + or - when he is out there. I am willing to bet the team is + when he is out there. He is far from a liability. Don’t know what game you are watching.
+11 against Oregon, +9 against Delaware State, +33 against UNCW. Yesterday's game isn't listed so I'll have to search a bit for that one

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here are the numbers, in 20 minutes per game, 2.3 pts per game, 26% shooting, 12% 3 pt shooting, 0% foul shooting (0-2), 14 assts, 9 turnovers.
So far, a total liability when he is out there.
I was originally going to write I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for your two cents but your post forced me to check out player stats and for that I'm grateful.

14 assts against 9 turnovers is not a bad stat for a wing never mind one who is rusty so I it precipitated me to check out the assist/to ratio stats for the rest of the team. The first thing I want to highlight is that the stats show Andre with 15 assist to 9 turnovers. The second thing is that I, like the vast majority of this forum, am super excited about Alex Karaban including his passing skills. Checking his stats I found he had a 16/9 assist to turnover ratio. My two cents laughed at the differential.

But the real value of your OTT post, at least for me, was to see the A/TO stats of Hassan Diarra and Tristen Newton. And 8 steals for Hassan - wow.

So instead of implying you're a moron I'll just offer some advice. Next time you want to insist incorrectly a player is a total liability you might want to exclude any information that immediately refutes your position. That was a huge turnover on your part and an assist on mine.

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 11.54.14 AM.png

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
He can’t shoot for s4!t and the best I hope for is someone who can hit a three once in a while if open. But he plays harder than any two players we have so I like having him out there. He runs hard, plays great defense, goes after every rebound has great court vision and sets an example for the younger players and for those reasons alone, he needs to be playing…a lot. Dennis Rodman is in the NBA Hall of Fame with the same attributes and no jumpshot and he did it hungover most of the time.

Reaction Score
Bryant can absolutely win this.
Even Cuse fans are leery of Bryant. They pulled in some notable transfers: Antwan Walker - G'town/URI and Earl Timberlake - Miami/Memphis. Also, they have a 6'4" guard from Syracuse, Charles Pride. Bryant lacks height, though.

Would like to see this one, but it's not on a real channel (ESPN+ and ACCN+). :(

Reaction Score
Pretty uninteresting day today. Houston/Kent State has potential to be a game, but Houston is really good so probably won't be that close. Other than that it's Iowa and TCU matching up which is 2 borderline top 25 teams (Iowa snuck in at 25, TCU dropped out)
I took Kent St to cover 19.5 because Houston only beat Orgeon by 10. And Kent St beat Portland. Just a modest bet though. Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that there hasn't been a coach in Jackson's history that has tried to change his shot. That boy has no clue how to shoot. Athletic as all heck and will obviously stay on the floor because of his defense, rebounding and passing. But it's painful to see him shoot or try to score around the rim without a dunk.
He did have that one layup that wasn't a floater and scored through contact that was impressive. Unfortunately due to his release he will never be a good shooter. My hope is he can develop into a poor man's Shawn Marion. I'm rooting for him to try to tighten up his release.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I was originally going to write I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for your two cents but your post forced me to check out player stats and for that I'm grateful.

14 assts against 9 turnovers is not a bad stat for a wing never mind one who is rusty so I it precipitated me to check out the assist/to ratio stats for the rest of the team. The first thing I want to highlight is that the stats show Andre with 15 assist to 9 turnovers. The second thing is that I, like the vast majority of this forum, am super excited about Alex Karaban including his passing skills. Checking his stats I found he had a 16/9 assist to turnover ratio. My two cents laughed at the differential.

But the real value of your OTT post, at least for me, was to see the A/TO stats of Hassan Diarra and Tristen Newton. And 8 steals for Hassan - wow.

So instead of implying you're a moron I'll just offer some advice. Next time you want to insist incorrectly a player is a total liability you might want to exclude any information that immediately refutes your position. That was a huge turnover on your part and an assist on mine.

View attachment 81128
Sassy.

Reaction Score
That no one has fixed his shot in the last 6-8 yeats is criminal. A total liability, no way. He can break the press, rebound like crazy, and can play D in the open court. I still think he starts defending hard too high up and gets beaten off the dribble too many times, however, this has to be what the staff is asking of him.

Everyone wants him to dunk, which would be great, but defenders play off him, because of his shot mechanics which make it easier to defend. He would be crazy good if he had a pull-up, or a stepback, but he doesn’t. Most of his turns are because seems to look for the great pass too many times. Despite yesterday, he is a good FT shooter with that stroke.

Just my 2 cents. I love the guy, but his talent is being wasted.
Hurley told him to play right up on Miller to take away his outside shot and make him put it on the floor.

Reaction Score
Second straight start for Gaffney:

FAU is having a great start, 4-1, a win over Florida and a KP rating of 77.

What's crazy is FAU had a good quartet of guards prior to Gaffney and the addition of him makes them even deeper.

Alijah Martin is worth watching. A 6'2 210 freight train.

Reaction Score
Houston up by 2 over Kent State with 2 minutes to go. I'd say tune in but they're in the AAC so the game is only on ESPN+ #AmericanRising

Reaction Score
Bryant leading Syracuse 25-17 with under 8 min to go in the 1st half. Cuse's leading scorer, Judah Mintz, and some Bryant player were ejected for having a slap fight on the floor. I'd kill to be able to see this game. :):p

EDIT: I got it on the app!!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom