Week 3: Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 3: Other Games

Reaction Score
I was going to say I clearly remember that game and was depressed because Ricky Moore got hurt and without our point guard we lost to Mississippi State the next game. However, I noticed that someone else posted that ahead of me. It is still what I remember about that game, and I remember it clearly. It didn’t help that I had just graduated UConn and my girlfriend had gone to MSU.
We definitely missed Ricky but we actually did have a point guard that game. Doron Sheffer. That team was great but it was not deep. At all. We got just one lonely bucket from the bench that game, from Rash. The difference was simple… poor shooting by the good guys. Sheffer and Ray were a combined 12-39 from the floor and we got torched - not by Dampier - but by Darryl Wilson, who scored 27 and shot 7-11 from three. The UCLA loss stung, but it was such a great game and we played quite well against a rockstar Bruins squad. But that Miss State loss was just so freaking deflating.

Reaction Score
This tops my list of things I hate to see

C8A073DD-784D-4053-8D50-E4718F78AFE0.png

Reaction Score
We definitely missed Ricky but we actually did have a point guard that game. Doron Sheffer. That team was great but it was not deep. At all. We got just one lonely bucket from the bench that game, from Rash. The difference was simple… poor shooting by the good guys. Sheffer and Ray were a combined 12-39 from the floor and we got torched - not by Dampier - but by Darryl Wilson, who scored 27 and shot 7-11 from three. The UCLA loss stung, but it was such a great game and we played quite well against a rockstar Bruins squad. But that Miss State loss was just so freaking deflating.
This.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You just said it yourself. Ricky was our bench, and doron wasn’t doron last half of season. He was hobbled ( ankle I believe). The 96 portion of 95-96 was dorons least effective stretch as a husky. Watch the Georgetown BET final, that comeback was all Ricky ( and Kirk king, cleaning up Ricky)

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
that's it? that's what u got?
major meh.
and i use pepsodent, anyway. it's really inexpensive, works great, but u have to be able to bend down to get it cuz it's always at the bottom of the shelf. often, it looks sold out, but again, if u bend down to check, there might be a tube or 2 left in the far back. yeppers, from the back of the bottom to the back of the tippy top on the shelf, i got big range and miss nuthin if it's still there. a buck a tube is highly incentivising.

why can't u bend down?
Hip replacement, it's a non-compliant action.

Reaction Score
At the end of last season Syracuse should have walked Boeheim to the exit and brought in Shaheen Holloway as it’s mens basketball coach.

Reaction Score
Today is a battle of sheer will. I'm under a strict deadline for writing recommendations for my graduates and I plan to write a ton during our PD day during our boring, full school meetings/workshops...AND there are four very good watchable games before I leave at 4...

1669031349912.png

My boring, responsible choice will likely be record the TT/Creighton game and watch it recorded when I get home, but c'est la vie.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to New Haven to catch Vermont @ Yale. I'll be my first time at Payne Whitney Gymnasium so very excited to check it out while seeing two very good local teams. Probably will have an early dinner at BAR before the game, unless anyone else has ideas for a good, casual sit down dinner in New Haven that's open on Tuesdays.

Reaction Score
Baylor Scheierman has taken three ~28 foot shots with no hesitation in the first half so far. He only made 1 of them, but the other 2 looked good. 3-5 on threes so far

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner landed on someone's foot and rolled his ankle badly. Had to leave the game, hope he's okay and can come back soon

Reaction Score
Oh great, Kalkbrenner is hurt and Creighton had 15 turnovers in the first half. Somehow they're tied.

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner came back. Seems fine.

Update - Holy crap I jinxed him. Down again.

Reaction Score
Creighton controlled the turnovers in the second half and ran away with it. Their defense is SUFFOCATING. Beat #21 Texas Tech by 11

Nembhard and Alexander played very smart and under control. Kaluma still plays very clunky, but it works - 18 points on 6-11 shooting. Scheierman takes some really stupid shots, but makes enough of them to force you to respect it. Kalkbrenner completely dominates the paint, and apparently has ankles made of steel. Rolled it twice really badly and played through it.

Their bench only scored 4 points. 2 were halfway through the 1st half and 2 were a garbage time dunk. And they still beat a ranked team by double digits.

This team is really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom