Week 3: Other Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 3: Other Games

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Syracuse is going to be really bad this year. They just don’t have the talent.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
609ecc6c-ca40-4894-bc0e-f65a22aa3d04_text.gif

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
They are the Cavity Creeps! Cleaned up by Colgate.
that's it? that's what u got?
major meh.
and i use pepsodent, anyway. it's really inexpensive, works great, but u have to be able to bend down to get it cuz it's always at the bottom of the shelf. often, it looks sold out, but again, if u bend down to check, there might be a tube or 2 left in the far back. yeppers, from the back of the bottom to the back of the tippy top on the shelf, i got big range and miss nuthin if it's still there. a buck a tube is highly incentivising.

why can't u bend down?

Reaction Score
Picture ditching that dumpster fire,then committing to Louisville

Reaction Score
Over the past 5 years, Syracuse's recruiting has fallen off a cliff. When Boeheim leaves, if Syracuse hires a good coach, they will be back.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Over the past 5 years, Syracuse's recruiting has fallen off a cliff. When Boeheim leaves, if Syracuse hires a good coach, they will be back.

I don't think (and I'm serious, although I haven't looked in a couple months) that they have even ONE commit for next season.

August_West

Reaction Score
I always have warm, nostalgic memories of Colgate back when UConn played them in the tournament in 1996.

I was in 5th grade and me and my friend drew a photo of Ray Allen and Travis Knight dunking over a bunch of toothbrushes.

Good memories.

Yeah? Nostalgic feelings of Ricky Moore blowing his shoulder, which went a long way to causing one of the most painful early exits in UConn history two rounds later?

We NEVER should have lost to Miss St. and wouldnt have if Ricky didnt get hurt against Colgate. I'll tell you where to stick that toothbrush :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Reaction Score
that's it? that's what u got?
major meh.
and i use pepsodent, anyway. it's really inexpensive, works great, but u have to be able to bend down to get it cuz it's always at the bottom of the shelf. often, it looks sold out, but again, if u bend down to check, there might be a tube or 2 left in the far back. yeppers, from the back of the bottom to the back of the tippy top on the shelf, i got big range and miss nuthin if it's still there. a buck a tube is highly incentivising.

why can't u bend down?
If he can’t maybe he could bend over.

Reaction Score
Yeah? Nostalgic feelings of Ricky Moore blowing his shoulder, which went a long way to causing one of the most painful early exits in UConn history two rounds later?

We NEVER should have lost to Miss St. and wouldnt have if Ricky didnt get hurt against Colgate. I'll tell you where to stick that toothbrush :cool::cool::cool::cool:
That one hurt, too, because that was Ray's last chance for a Final Four. It was also the end of an era for the core players since 93-94 (I know the big class was 91-92) that couldn't quite get over the Final Four hump (94-SS, 95-EE, 96-SS)

I met Ray a few times on campus as a good friend of mine who was attending UConn at the time knew him well and lived down the hall from him in Belden Hall. Ray is a down to earth fella.

August_West

Reaction Score
That one hurt, too, because that was Ray's last chance for a Final Four. It was also the end of an era for the core players since 93-94 (I know the big class was 91-92) that couldn't quite get over the Final Four hump (94-SS, 95-EE, 96-SS)

I met Ray a few times on campus as a good friend of mine who was attending UConn at the time knew him well and lived down the hall from him in Belden Hall. Ray is a down to earth fella.
We , if I remember correctly, were the overall 1 seed in tournament and had 2 losses whole year. 17-1 Big East season and BET champs.
Ricky was integral.

I don’t care that season was vacated 15 years later, that loss killed. So Colgate always pisses me off except when they make Orange Crush.

Reaction Score
We , if I remember correctly, were the overall 1 seed in tournament and had 2 losses whole year. 17-1 Big East season and BET champs.
They didn't have #1 overall then, I don't think. It was they year everyone was on Kentucky and UMass, though. UK had only 2 losses and UMass only 1.

Reaction Score
They didn't have #1 overall then, I don't think. It was they year everyone was on Kentucky and UMass, though. UK had only 2 losses and UMass only 1.
We were the top number one seed. UK was the third number 1 because they lost in the SEC tourney. We were 30-2 and beat Iverson and Georgetown in the Big East Final. The Big East was hands down the best conference. However, I never felt too great about that team. I didn’t feel like we had a killer instinct. I was fearful of the other top teams that year. UMass was really tough mentally and UK was just loaded.

Seeds: UConn, UMass, Kentucky, Purdue.

Reaction Score
I always have warm, nostalgic memories of Colgate back when UConn played them in the tournament in 1996.

I was in 5th grade and me and my friend drew a photo of Ray Allen and Travis Knight dunking over a bunch of toothbrushes.

Good memories.
I was going to say I clearly remember that game and was depressed because Ricky Moore got hurt and without our point guard we lost to Mississippi State the next game. However, I noticed that someone else posted that ahead of me. It is still what I remember about that game, and I remember it clearly. It didn’t help that I had just graduated UConn and my girlfriend had gone to MSU.

Reaction Score
Edited to add, there is no joy in Louisville after the Cards dropped to 0-3, losing to App State last night. Get out the Kleenex ;)
I watched this game online yesterday. I live close to ASU. Until I read your post I believed that Louisville won that game. I turned off the computer when Louisville scored the game winning basket. I was oblivious to the fact that it was waived off. ASU beating an ACC school makes my night. Thanks.

Reaction Score
....Good thing something like that has never happened to UConn....

To be fair, last year's Colgate team was a good, solid team. 14 seed and lost to 3 seed Wisconsin by 7.

BTW, Just before that cuse game last year they nearly beat NC State too, losing by 3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom