Week 2 Big Games: | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

Reaction Score
Wow. Say what you will about her UCF teams they never really got into actual fights/ejections. Really bad look.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Guessing Morrow had a 50 pt 30 rebound game. :rolleyes:
Aneesa had 16/16. She fouled out. Pretty sure Geno is going to ask for a copy of that game tape

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I did not see the handshake line (or should I say No handshake line) at the end of the SHU-Georgia game I was watching live and which Georgia blew a lead in the 4th quarter but there were no complaints or concerns about the refereeing that I saw. To not shake hands after the game is something the NCAA needs to start clamping down on. We saw egregious behavior in the St. John's vs. Memphis game where Memphis too walked off the court after a skirmish with 5 seconds left.

This type of behavior needs to stop and the coaches who should be leading the charge of sportsmanship need to be help accountable to perform such. Be the bigger person....I know on this board, I often have to do that....:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Coach Abe has apparently brought her “Basketball is just an excuse for a good brawl” philosophy to Georgia.

Per ESPN…

Georgia ejections: At the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, Georgiadefeated VCU on Friday despite having five players ejected and another foul out. Four were tossed in the first quarter when forward Jordan Isaacs objected to the Rams' defense by shoving two VCU players. After that fracas, the Rams shot eight technical free throws. In the third quarter, a fifth Lady Bulldog, Chloe Chapman, was ejected after kicking at a VCU player when both were on the floor.

Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, in her first season a Georgia's coach, didn't plan to suspend the five for Saturday's game against Seton Hall. The SEC, however, stepped in and suspended Chapman for that game based on "the NCAA definition of fighting," a league spokeswoman said. Georgia lost its first game of the season to the Pirates.

I had season tickets to UCF for a couple years and that was not typical behavior. The only (overly) physical play I noticed was against UConn. To be fair, UCF didn’t have the horses to keep with the Huskies and I think Coach Abe was trying to get any advantage.

I used to watch Nykesha during the scrums but she was all UCF. Sigh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom