Week 2 Big Games: | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 2 Big Games:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

You rooting for the Blue Hens over the newest member of the Colonial?? My Aggies of NC A&T ???
Does this help?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Speaking of the Canes, they lost to Columbia today! :eek:

Reaction Score
Disappointing to hear about Coach Able storming off like that. I know she's not liked here but I appreciate what she did for our basically non-existent program.

UCF needed 2OTs to beat Samford yesterday after having only 8 eligible players available due to injuries. Sophomore Laila Jewett had herself a game though with 34 points. Her total number of points scored in her career prior to the game was 32.

Today UCF handled Southeast Missouri by 26 points to improve to 5-0. We haven't played anyone with a pulse but happy with the start of the Messer era.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Disappointing to hear about Coach Able storming off like that. I know she's not liked here but I appreciate what she did for our basically non-existent program.

UCF needed 2OTs to beat Samford yesterday after having only 8 eligible players available due to injuries. Sophomore Laila Jewett had herself a game though with 34 points. Her total number of points scored in her career prior to the game was 32.

Today UCF handled Southeast Missouri by 26 points to improve to 5-0. We haven't played anyone with a pulse but happy with the start of the Messer era.
I'm rooting for Sytia Messer. I have always liked her and this is her time.

It's too bad UCF didn't play Rhode Island, which was also at the same tournament (played Samford today). I wonder why it was arranged that way.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If I ever find my Iowa State sweatshirt.... imma pour gasoline on it an burn it :mad:

How do you have a 17 point lead and lose by 9

shoves laptop.gif

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If I ever find my Iowa State sweatshirt.... imma pour gasoline on it an burn it :mad:
Terrible collapse. Looked slow, completely lacking in poise. Could not handle switching defense. And even worse on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
Looks like another Baylor vs Michigan matchup this season. This time for the Gulf Coast Showcase Championship. I think it's the 3rd straight season they've matched up. Both teams had real solid wins today
This turned out to be a really good game. Michigan ended up winning but I was impressed with both sides. Jaden Owens looks like a different player this season and Baylor's freshman class is good too. Bickle fouled out on a technical cuz Leigha Brown is a pain to play against (I love it). It was probably the turning point in the game. Michigan has a lot of pieces and Phelia and Kieser have been pretty great to start the season. Definitely a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
Terrible collapse. Looked slow, completely lacking in poise. Could not handle switching defense. And even worse on the defensive end.
My biggest issue with Iowa St is they tend to crumble against teams who are physical with them. Thats why I struggle to see them finishing ahead of Texas in the Big 12 this year.

I do have to say though Soares was truly one of the best grabs of the offseason. She really elevated Iowa St's inside presence which they lacked. Sadly it still wasn't enough for them tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Gotta give some credit to those Tar Heels. Two games in a row against a quality opponent they came from behind with a massive second half effort. They're inching their way up my Boneyard ballot.

Reaction Score
This turned out to be a really good game. Michigan ended up winning but I was impressed with both sides. Jaden Owens looks like a different player this season and Baylor's freshman class is good too. Bickle fouled out on a technical cuz Leigha Brown is a pain to play against (I love it). It was probably the turning point in the game. Michigan has a lot of pieces and Phelia and Kieser have been pretty great to start the season. Definitely a top 25 team.
That was a very good game. Baylor has to clean up the turnovers though, they were shooting between 60-70% the entire game up until the final minute but 20+ turnovers is too much. Leigha Brown had a pretty woeful game shooting and had 5 turnovers, but Michigan was able to survive. Kiser had 26 points and 12 boards on 10-13 shooting.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score

View attachment 81210
The team with the halftime lead said to themselves, “This is working. Let's keep doing it.” The other team had a coach who saw what wasn’t working and told her players how to change it.

I respect what Banghart does.

Who is that Dook player in your pootericide video? :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
Didn't have time to watch the game, but I think Owens is becoming a star for Baylor. I see she again had a huge game, 9-13 from the field, much like she did against Villanova where she almost uncontainable off the bounce. She'll need to contain her turnovers, though.

If Collen can get Edwards eligible and integrated into the team's chemistry, this Baylor squad can be very good.

Reaction Score
I'm rooting for Sytia Messer. I have always liked her and this is her time.

It's too bad UCF didn't play Rhode Island, which was also at the same tournament (played Samford today). I wonder why it was arranged that way.
Not sure on the reason for the way the tournament was scheduled. It is odd.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Coach Abe has apparently brought her “Basketball is just an excuse for a good brawl” philosophy to Georgia.

Per ESPN…

Georgia ejections: At the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands, Georgiadefeated VCU on Friday despite having five players ejected and another foul out. Four were tossed in the first quarter when forward Jordan Isaacs objected to the Rams' defense by shoving two VCU players. After that fracas, the Rams shot eight technical free throws. In the third quarter, a fifth Lady Bulldog, Chloe Chapman, was ejected after kicking at a VCU player when both were on the floor.

Katie Abrahamson-Henderson, in her first season a Georgia's coach, didn't plan to suspend the five for Saturday's game against Seton Hall. The SEC, however, stepped in and suspended Chapman for that game based on "the NCAA definition of fighting," a league spokeswoman said. Georgia lost its first game of the season to the Pirates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom