Week 2: 11/30 - 12/6 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 2: 11/30 - 12/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yeah small ball is causing Xavier all kinds of issues. Exciting game.
Xavier may not be that great this year. So far they have a 1 point win against Bradley, 3 point win against Toledo, now this... Young team....

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Xavier may not be that great this year. So far they have a 1 point win against Bradley, 3 point win against Toledo, now this... Young team....

They looked impressive in their first win vs Oakland by 50 though ... but yeah .

Reaction Score
12/1 Hartford vs Villanova -Mohegan Sun 5pm ESPN2 - Jon Sciambi, Jon Crispin
Line: Villanova -25/138.5

12/1 Nebraska-Omaha at Creighton 5pm FS1 - Lane Grindle, Jess Settles
Line: Creighton -19/146

12/1 Navy at Georgetown 6pm CBSSN- Tom McCarthy pxp & Chris Walker
Line: Georgetown -10/141

12/1 Oklahoma St at Marquette 7pm FS1 - Eric Collins, Steve Lavin
Line: Marquette -4/146.5

12/1 Providence vs Davidson, Asheville, NC. 7pm ESPN2 - Roy Philpott, Corey Alexander

Reaction Score
They looked impressive in their first win vs Oakland by 50 though ... but yeah .

Oakland would lose to some high level high school teams. If you have any depth in the front court it's going to give Xavier issues. Their big kids were beat. Not much depth up front. I didn't realize you could win with 25 turnovers. LOL

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Iona and Hall in a battle. I can’t believe Isaiah Washington transferred yet again. I was fully expecting him to be on Iona when I tuned in.

Reaction Score
Oakland would lose to some high level high school teams. If you have any depth in the front court it's going to give Xavier issues. Their big kids were beat. Not much depth up front. I didn't realize you could win with 25 turnovers. LOL
Might be true, but Oakland they took a top 25 Michigan team to overtime. And that's a top 25 team *after* Oakland took them to OT

Reaction Score
Yesterday, I had my first day back at school in three weeks. With the rain, our kids were forced to be inside for recess, so knowing that my 8th graders love basketball (more NBA basketball, than NCAA but they're itching to watch anything), I asked them if they wanted to watch Davidson/Texas during recess and they were psyched.

I synched up my laptop to our projection and spent my lunch break watching that game with the students, some of which I coached in other years...great time!

Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
UCF beat Auburn by 8 last night. I laid the -1.5 with the Knights, Auburn is YOUNG but still a good win for the Knights without Colin Smith.

Stanford really impressed me. I’m excited to see them against UNC today.

Davidson routinely is competitive and quite frankly I thought should’ve beaten Texas yesterday. Amazing what McKillop has done there

SMU won by a million over TAMU-CC. Will be interesting to see if Jank can get them to the tournament this year- their schedule is pretty soft considering how good their team is.

Reaction Score
Yesterday, I had my first day back at school in three weeks. With the rain, our kids were forced to be inside for recess, so knowing that my 8th graders love basketball (more NBA basketball, than NCAA but they're itching to watch anything), I asked them if they wanted to watch Davidson/Texas during recess and they were psyched.

I synched up my laptop to our projection and spent my lunch break watching that game with the students, some of which I coached in other years...great time!

If UConn is playing during my classes, I always project the game and "have the kids work independently."

Sometimes you have to prioritize the important things. ;)

Reaction Score

We never had cool teachers like that....well done!! Too bad Uconn wasn't on

Reaction Score
If UConn is playing during my classes, I always project the game and "have the kids work independently."

Sometimes you have to prioritize the important things. ;)

Nice!!

My students are all virtual right now through Christmas break. We still have to come to school to work and I have been watching all these early tournament games. Been pretty nice.

Reaction Score
Walton is on the deuce now. I forgot how much I don't like hearing this guy a few minutes ago when I turned on the only decent game.
Can't bear him doing basketball. Great player. Would probablyenjoy having a few beers with him and listening to the Dead and hearing his concert stories though

Reaction Score
Nice!!

My students are all virtual right now through Christmas break. We still have to come to school to work and I have been watching all these early tournament games. Been pretty nice.

I'm in a similar boat. Not having gotten out of pajamas for work in weeks is nice, but I think my fiance may kill me. She's in academia and hasn't written a thing since I've been home lol

Reaction Score
Can't bear him doing basketball. Great player. Would probablyenjoy having a few beers with him and listening to the Dead and hearing his concert stories though
I can relate to that but I could only hang with him for so long. It'd be good to hear stories of how it was back in the day. That'd be cool for sure.

Reaction Score
Texas v IU on right now. Walton doing his best to not talk about bball.
Listening to Walton do a game that you don’t have any emotional investment in he’s always entertaining.
But if I’m a fan of either team and care about the game i’d want him to just STFU. I hope he never does a UConn game!

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Listening to Walton do a game that you don’t have any emotional investment in he’s always entertaining.
But if I’m a fan of either team and care about the game i’d want him to just STFU. I hope he never does a UConn game!

Personally, I love Walton on the call when I’m betting on late night Pac12 action, but he’s certainly not for everyone. When he called that GSW game a couple of years ago, and kept comparing Kevin Durant’s basketball game to Steve Jobs, NBA twitter’s collective head exploded Clayton Bigsby style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom