Week 19 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 19 Other Games

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gonzaga deserves an asterisk next to their gaudy conference tourney numbers because of that ridiculous triple bye they get every year. Imagine starting each BET already in the semifinals.
To the victor goes the spoils
And if that happened to UConn you would complain?*

Reaction Score
To the victor goes the spoils
And if that happened to UConn you would complain?*
Sure. What’s the point in having a tourney title handed to you? But I get it- Gonzaga apparently negotiated it in exchange for not leaving the WCC so they’d have more room on the schedule for strong OOC games and to avoid the risk of botching their seeding with an early round upset.

Reaction Score
Sure. What’s the point in having a tourney title handed to you? But I get it- Gonzaga apparently negotiated it in exchange for not leaving the WCC so they’d have more room on the schedule for strong OOC games and to avoid the risk of botching their seeding with an early round upset.
Conference tournament games don't count towards the number of games a team can play. So that's not a reason.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga WAS the WCC for years. Even St. Mary's was never looked at as a contender until recently. The setup makes sense in a top heavy conference like that

Reaction Score
The conference and Gonzaga both want the best teams to make the tournament. More credits for the conference.

Reaction Score
Conference tournament games don't count towards the number of games a team can play. So that's not a reason.
Fair enough. Either way, the challenge of winning a conference tourney is having to mentally and physically get up for and win 3-4 games on consecutive days, regardless of level of competition. Cutting that down to 2 games fundamentally changes/dilutes that.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
LGO!!!

Dance Clap GIF by Syracuse University

August_West

Reaction Score
That's a tall order for this squad. Down 6 right now
Its really a cant lose situation for us. I never mind seeing them go down, but Im interested in the long play too.

August_West

Reaction Score
I am not going to reference a 17-1 run by WFU since you posted this. I can't comment on you commenting and the BY curse rearing its head because then I'd be cursing your curse......

ah but you are failing to recognize the genius. Im rooting for the win. :)

The BY curse is when we prematurely celebrate their loss and then they pull it out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
ah but you are failing to recognize the genius. Im rooting for the win. :)

The BY curse is when we prematurely celebrate their loss and then they pull it out.

And since you posted about wanting SUcks to win, there's been a 17-1 WFU run.

Crap. Can't mention that.

August_West

Reaction Score
Uh oh. Tied up.

LGO!

Reaction Score
Boehiem has complained about the ACC tournament in Greensboro since ‘cuss made the move. Nothing would be more fitting than him losing his last game in a first round game at a half full Greensboro Coliseum.

Reaction Score
Judah Mintz and Jesse Williams are solid players and kept Cuse in it down the stretch. Naturally it ends with a Joe Girard contested forced stepback jumper

August_West

Reaction Score
Boehiem has complained about the ACC tournament in Greensboro since ‘cuss made the move. Nothing would be more fitting than him losing his last game in a first round game at a half full Greensboro Coliseum.
Lost on a buzzer beater
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom