Week 19 Other Games | The Boneyard

Week 19 Other Games

Reaction Score
CAA semis on CBS sports has been excellent. Hofstra and UNCW in OT.

Former Sacred Heart and Amity HS guard Tyler Thomas hit three clutch free throws to bring it to OT.

Any of the four teams in the semis would be a tough out as a 12- or 13-seed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
South Alabama looking to steal a bid from Louisiana Lafayette in Sun Belt.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Furman & Mike Bothwell are a team to look out for if they can secure this title game.

Reaction Score
UMass lost to Richmond 71-38 in the first round of the A-10 tournament. 14-47 from 2 and 1-6 from 3. Ouch.

Reaction Score
What a great start to the ACC Tournament in the 12v13 game! Georgia Tech comes back from down 10 at halftime to take it on a game winning free throw

A GA Tech player missed a dunk over 3 people with 2 seconds left (would have been crazy), but worked out for them as they grabbed the o-board and got fouled with 0.3 on the clock for the game winning FT

Reaction Score
I'm not crazy that three conference championships are concurrently on at 7 PM, but while I'm obviously most excited for UNC Wilmington v Charleston it'll be also fun to watch FDU at Merrimack.

With Merrimack still ineligible for postseason tournaments (stupid rule), FDU has already earned a spot to March Madness, but this game will still be super competitive.

This was the matchup when I got to sit at media row over winter break: two drastically different styles.

FDU is the shortest team in D1 (6'3.4 average height and their backcourt is 5'8 and 5'9), have the most efficient offense in the NEC and play a full court press while Merrimack play a super stretched zone that gives them the #1 turnover rate in the nation (26.3%!) but leaves the baseline wide open.

I'll probably start the night watching the NEC final and then see if any of the other games are close...hoping the CAA final is close since the semis were excellent.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Looks like Greensboro cares about the first day of ACC play as much as Brooklyn did last year....

It might make more sense for the ACC to only have the top-12 make the tournament. It makes the bottom of the league fight harder at the end, probably saves the league money (due to avoiding low attendance), and eliminates three teams that could kill someone’s at-large aspirations.

Reaction Score
Cleveland State taking on NKU on ESPN (Go Vikes!) in the horizon league championship. Winner likely to be a 15 seed.
CSU has continued their steady rise that was started by Dennis Gates (who took 4 players with him to Mizzou, 1 of which is their best player!) and continues with their new coach.
They play the anti-Nate Oats game; they are almost allergic to shooting 3s and I don’t think they have a guy who hits it at better than 33%, but they are dynamite inside, creating havoc and defense and rebounding. They don’t fit the profile of a typical Giant Killer due to their reliance on slow inside play, but if they make it I guarantee no one will be happy to play against Tristan Enaruna for 40 minutes. The kid can bang down low and is decent off the bounce for a guy his size. Go Vikes!

Reaction Score
Looks like Greensboro cares about the first day of ACC play as much as Brooklyn did last year....

You sure that's not a picture from 2020 when fans weren't allowed in the arenas?

Reaction Score
It's a shame nobody cares about the ACC first round. Minus Louisville, it's been great games so far

Also Louisville.. 4-27. Yikes.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UNC Wilmington not phased at all v. Charleston. Taking them to the wire here.

Best case scenario is UNCW wins, and Charleston gets an at-large.

MJ1

Reaction Score

That’s what happens when you sell your soul for football.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Kinda, slightly feel bad for the BCU players. This season is most likely the zenith of what they will achieve at BCU and there's no one there to see it.

Reaction Score
Kinda, slightly feel bad for the BCU players. This season is most likely the zenith of what they will achieve at BCU and there's no one there to see it.
I get your sentiment and perhaps you're a better man than me because you put "feel bad" and "for BCU" in the same sentence.

Reaction Score
I'm not crazy that three conference championships are concurrently on at 7 PM, but while I'm obviously most excited for UNC Wilmington v Charleston it'll be also fun to watch FDU at Merrimack.

With Merrimack still ineligible for postseason tournaments (stupid rule), FDU has already earned a spot to March Madness, but this game will still be super competitive.

This was the matchup when I got to sit at media row over winter break: two drastically different styles.

FDU is the shortest team in D1 (6'3.4 average height and their backcourt is 5'8 and 5'9), have the most efficient offense in the NEC and play a full court press while Merrimack play a super stretched zone that gives them the #1 turnover rate in the nation (26.3%!) but leaves the baseline wide open.

I'll probably start the night watching the NEC final and then see if any of the other games are close...hoping the CAA final is close since the semis were excellent.
The NEC final was a good game to watch. Unfortunately, Gonzaga and Oral Roberts won easily so not much fun for me to watch. I watched the Big Sky semifinal between Montana State and Weber State which went to 2 OTs. I bowed out when it went to OT as neither team was shooting very well. Hopefully, better games today.

Reaction Score
It's a shame nobody cares about the ACC first round. Minus Louisville, it's been great games so far

Also Louisville.. 4-27. Yikes.
Competitive is nice but, even in the putrid 2023 ACC, I’m not sure if any of those teams weren’t already DOA on Weds. Maybe BCU or VT? GT is certainly a dead team walking with Josh Pastner’s coaching excellence guiding them.

Reaction Score
The NEC final was a good game to watch. Unfortunately, Gonzaga and Oral Roberts won easily so not much fun for me to watch. I watched the Big Sky semifinal between Montana State and Weber State which went to 2 OTs. I bowed out when it went to OT as neither team was shooting very well. Hopefully, better games today.
Gonzaga deserves an asterisk next to their gaudy conference tourney numbers because of that ridiculous triple bye they get every year. Imagine starting each BET already in the semifinals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom