Week 19 Other Games | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 19 Other Games

Reaction Score
A few locals/Big East compadres are in the NIT tomorrow:

7:00 - Hofstra at Rutgers
9:00 - Yale at Vanderbilt ; Villanova at Liberty
11:00 - Seton Hall at Colorado

People poo poo the NIT, but it's still a quality tournament and a lovely appetizer during March Madness off days.

Go Bulldogs! I'm also a fan of this Hofstra team too: Amity grad and former Sacred Heart scorer Tyler Thomas has fit in nicely at Hofstra, averaging 16.3 ppg and a career high 41.6 3p%.

Reaction Score
Whitmore is apparently sitting out the NIT for Villanova. Pretty unremarkable college career.
Is Moore not playing either? Is this a thing now? Electing not to play in the NIT?

1678796550978.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Moore not playing either? Is this a thing now? Electing not to play in the NIT?

View attachment 85092
I assume it is the same as football players skipping bowl games when they plan to enter the draft. Fear of injury before your chance to make a major payday. It's hard to argue with them really. Nobody skips the football playoff now, or the NCAA tournament. But when it's a consolation prize game? Why risk it?

Reaction Score
I assume it is the same as football players skipping bowl games when they plan to enter the draft. Fear of injury before your chance to make a major payday. It's hard to argue with them really. Nobody skips the football playoff now, or the NCAA tournament. But when it's a consolation prize game? Why risk it?
I suppose considering they were both injured, especially Moore, you can't blame them. Sucks for the rest of the team though.

caw

Reaction Score
Especially when both were injured earlier this year. Nothing to gain for them.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Didnt we (Calhoun) elect not to play in NIT?
Seriously?

Is this part of the "I Can Troll Too" collection?

To what end?

It's an increasingly curious enterprise, but several cuts below your best work.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Seriously?

Is this part of the "I Can Troll Too" collection?

To what end?

It's an increasingly curious enterprise, but several cuts below your best work.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, well Duh on that.

I'm referring to your drawing comparison to individual players forgoing playing in a tournament that their school accepted an invitation to play in, and UConn being one among many schools who have declined the invitation to compete in a lesser post-season contest.

You know there's a big difference, even if you don't object when without present injury, a player exercises his option to protect a perceived larger interest.

Reaction Score
Boatright didn't play in 2015. Pretty sure Dyson skipped out in 2010

Reaction Score
Just finished a preview of the Yale at Vanderbilt NIT game on the blog:

9 PM on ESPNU

Vanderbilt is down two starters including Robbins, their #1 scorer and best interior defender and Stute, their most prolific perimeter scorer.

Should be anyone's game, go Bulldogs!

Reaction Score
2007 - UConn missed the NIT cut

"UCONN’S NIT HOPES DON’T GO ANYWHERE

UConn’s offseason has officially begun.
A 19-year streak of postseason appearances came to an end Sunday night when the Huskies were excluded from the 32-team NIT. UConn last missed the postseason in 1986-87, Jim Calhoun’s first year as coach of the Huskies."

Reaction Score
Wowwwww. Rutgers was up 5 with 25 seconds left. Gave up a three, missed the front end of a 1 and 1, forced a miss but had 2 guys miss the open rebound. Hofstra picks it up and sends it to OT

Reaction Score
No Moore, no Whitmore. With those two in, Nova wins in a walk.
I wonder how the Nova fanbase feels about Whitmore. He was exciting to watch and will be a top 5 NBA pick, but the team was horrible and got bounced in the first round of the NIT because he chose to protect his draft stock instead of play

How would we feel if that happened with a UConn player? I’m honestly not sure

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom