Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Ranked #17 Baylor gets beaten by unranked Iowa State in the Big 12 quarterfinals.
Time for my seemingly monthly reflection that while I really like Nicki Collen as a person and a mentor, I'm still not sold on her as a coach. Her teams seem to regress as the season progresses, which is not how it's supposed to work...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Rueck went away from what has been working all season in playing deep into his bench--only really played 6 players vs Stanford. He left his 3-point snipers on the bench and OSU missed a lot of wide open 3's. Rueck was asked in the post game presser about diverting from playing 8-10 all season and only playing 6 in the Stanford game--Rueck did not like the question. Rueck was outcoached by Tara again. OSU's clear advantage is their bench, and hopefully lesson learned before NCAA Tournament
Very strange to me that he only played 6.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Typical Maryland. Knock off the one seed then come out the next day and lose. Although I felt Ohio State just plain beat themselves more than anything great MD did yesterday.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You think Hidalgo would do better than 31?
No but I think she was acting like mostly their only option at that point. She has learned to integrate the other weapons better. And their defense has gotten much better.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I’ve only seen snippets of Juju playing. Could someone who’s seen more of her describe what makes her so good… or overrated, if that’s your opinion?

She is a phenomenal talent but needs for time to mature. She really forces it at times when she should pass. Also can be very affected by adversity sometimes. Quite a player already.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
but one of the most talked about and glorified NCAA tournament championships in men’s history was State beating Houston in 83. I don’t hear folks talking about that being a blackeye for college basketball, it’s celebrated.
Villanova over Georgetown is right there with that game. Both incredible. Both over unbeatable teams with a dominant big man.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska over Maryland. Anyone, anyone? Terps were starting to get hot, so that's a nice win for the Huskers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Drake goes 19-1 in the Missouri Valley.

Princeton and Columbia both finish 13-1 in the Ivy.

Toledo 17-1 and Ball St. 16-2 in the MAC.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NC State hammered Florida St., maybe rumors of their demise were overstated.

Marquette edged Villanova in a Big East quarterfinal

Plebe

Reaction Score
NC State hammered Florida St., maybe rumors of their demise were overstated.
Arkansas hammered Florida State this season as well. Let's ask Neighbors how much that did for him.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arkansas hammered Florida State this season as well. Let's ask Neighbors how much that did for him.
Hey everybody was pretty excited about the Noles yesterday after they hammered Syracuse. Let's go with some recency bias rather than what happened in November.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hey everybody was pretty excited about the Noles yesterday after they hammered Syracuse. Let's go with some recency bias rather than what happened in November.
So the recent mediocrity of NC State is forgotten because of the recent one good game by FSU?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So the recent mediocrity of NC State is forgotten because of the recent one good game by FSU?
If only I was a meme master like some of our posters here. I see you and I are in for a battle in contrarianism today. :rolleyes:

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
I’ve only seen snippets of Juju playing. Could someone who’s seen more of her describe what makes her so good… or overrated, if that’s your opinion?
She's as smooth a baller as I can remember--like a new age Cheryl Miller or Chamique Holdsclaw. She can draw fouls and is adept at getting to her spots (mostly from her right hand) and can rise up and fire at will. She's got some warts in her game, but she's 18 years old and the most talented player by far on USC's squad this season. I would recommend watching extended highlights from her 51-point performance against Stanford. It was breathtaking!

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Oh don't mind me--just happy to see that the Gamecocks are off to a MUCH better start than yesterday! :D

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I get it. Never give up an opportunity to slam NC State over something. Not all teams can play in that juggernaut called the Big East, where except on rare occasions, teams can cover up off-shooting nights and below-par performances, for the most part.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
If it helps any, I was highly impressed with NC State's performance today :). They look dangerous again.

WBBTakeover

Reaction Score
Clark has 11 assists...with 2 minutes to go til halftime. Come on now, that is ridiculous!
She's going to be the first player in WNBA history to average 20 points and 10 assists in a season--and should achieve that multiple times.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I get it. Never give up an opportunity to slam NC State over something. Not all teams can play in that juggernaut called the Big East, where except on rare occasions, teams can cover up off-shooting nights and below-par performances, for the most part.
LOL

You and other State fans have talked openly about their poor performance of late. I didn't realize this was a forbidden topic. At no time did I try to compare Big East teams to either NC State or Florida State. But wow okay from now on I'll be sure to utter nothing but words of praise for either team. Just don't make me say nice things about Notre Dame :D

Great performance by NC State today! I actually think this is the year they win it all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Michigan out of their minds shooting 9-13 behind the arc...and still trailing by 9 at the half.

For a mere mortal 19 pts/11 assists is a pretty darn good game. But for Clark she still has 20 minutes to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom