Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games) | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Week 18 - March 4 to 11 (conf standings, NET, conf tourney games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBBTakeover

Please trade Kierstan Bell!
Reaction Score
AFAIK a player has averaged 10 assists per game for a season only once ever in the WNBA history. Sloot of course.
Yup--I believe that happened in the bubble. She had 220 on the dot (in 22 games), I think.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The ACC tournament has been marred by injury attrition. VT Tech limped into the semifinal w/o Kitley and got destroyed by Notre Dame, who may have lost Watson in the process. She obviously isn't their best player, but they had a short bench to begin with and can ill afford further losses.

Reaction Score
Michigan giving Iowa all they want: were up 25-17 in 1st qtr but trail at half 51-42. Made their 1st 7 3's. Clark with 19 pts/11 assts. Iowa only with 2 FT's in 1st half (not being critical).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Congrats to Southern Indiana, in only their 2nd year of D-I ball -- they're the first to punch their ticket with an emphatic 81-53 win over UT Martin in the OVC final.

They're also high on the list of Best Mascots -- something about "Screaming Eagles" just gets my attention!

The Screaming Eagles could quite possibly be a 15 or 16 seed in Columbus or Iowa City.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Congrats to Southern Indiana, in only their 2nd year of D-I ball -- they're the first to punch their ticket with an emphatic 81-53 win over UT Martin in the OVC final.

They're also high on the list of Best Mascots -- something about "Screaming Eagles" just gets my attention!

The Screaming Eagles could quite possibly be a 15 or 16 seed in Columbus or Iowa City.
How are they eligible already? Cal Baptist couldn't go to the Tourney the year they were undefeated because they hadn't gone thru the transition period yet. I thought it was a fair bit more than 1 year.

Not to take away from Southern Indiana. Impressive to be doing so well already.

Plebe

Reaction Score
How are they eligible already? Cal Baptist couldn't go to the Tourney the year they were undefeated because they hadn't gone thru the transition period yet. I thought it was a fair bit more than 1 year.

Not to take away from Southern Indiana. Impressive to be doing so well already.
Good catch! I stand corrected. They did punch their ticket -- but for the WNIT.

So we have that awkward situation where the team that got demolished in the conference tournament final had already earned the automatic NCAA bid by virtue of their semifinal win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So we have that awkward situation where the team that got demolished in the conference tournament final gets to celebrate their automatic NCAA bid.
Yeah, pretty weird. If a team is ineligible for the NCAA Tourney, I'm not sure why their conference lets them participate in the conference tourney. What good can come of it?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon tied w/ 4 seconds left. If CBU wins they clinch the WAC, if GCU wins they tie.

edit--OT

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang, Stuelke landed on someone's foot and rolled her ankle.

Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty weird. If a team is ineligible for the NCAA Tourney, I'm not sure why their conference lets them participate in the conference tourney. What good can come of it?

At least they get the reward of winning the conference chsmpionship. And the conference still gets a team in the NCAAs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I completely forgot about Greta Kampschroeder. Just entered the game for the first time for Michigan. The talent evaluators were so off on her. Did nothing at Oregon St., has done nothing at Michigan. Gotta be one of the least productive McDonalds All Americans ever.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist gonna win in OT and claim the regular season WAC title at 18-2.

Reaction Score
SC -Tenn has gotta be among the weirdest series ever. Based on these 3 games you’d think the Vols were the #2 team or the Chickens weren’t top 25. (Not in the sense that SC is playing terribly but that TN is an established mediocre team.)

Reaction Score
SC -Tenn has gotta be among the weirdest series ever. Based on these 3 games you’d think the Vols were the #2 team or the Chickens weren’t top 25. (Not in the sense that SC is playing terribly but that TN is an established mediocre team.)
Upset alert

Reaction Score

Krazy

The ghost of Dreuna Edwards?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Man what a brutal loss for Tennessee. Just a horrible horrible choice to leave anyone wide open at the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom