Week 17 Other Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Week 17 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know how many times some of you need to hear that UConn won't get a good seed if there aren't a lot of highly ranked teams on its schedule. It is amazing that some people think Villanova's little winning streak is somehow good for UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't know how many times some of you need to hear that UConn won't get a good seed if there aren't a lot of highly ranked teams on its schedule. It is amazing that some people think Villanova's little winning streak is somehow good for UConn.
If we keep winning it won’t matter

caw

Reaction Score

Right now it helps a bit depending on who they are beating. Any team with a seeding within 10 spots of UConn losing is wanted right now. Nova beating X and Creighton help because they are two teams UConn is fighting for seeds. There is also the additional bonus of rooting for the 1 in a billion shot of the four way second place tie including UConn right now (won’t change seeding but it’s more fun to say).

If we keep winning it won’t matter

Maybe, but if teams ahead of UConn don’t lose UConn won’t move up either. There has already been precedent of tournament games not changing seeding much (outside of auto-bids) so UConn needs teams losing in the regular season.

It’s been a great first week for UConn since the top 16 were released, but who knows UConn had strong metrics before as well.

Reaction Score
O.K. I might be curled up in my bedroom for 48 hours if we lost one like this! Hasn't FSU been awful this season? And Miami was fighting for a potential 3 seed with us.

When you see people evaluate our resume, that St. John's home loss is the major knock, and the thing that many said should hold us below some of these other teams. Well, St. John's is a bad loss, but it's Top 100 in NET. BC is 160. Florida St. is sub-200. These are just awful awful losses that probably should eliminate them from 3-line contention.

Reaction Score
Memphis has compiled 15 steals with 9 mins left in 2nd half. It's literally a sea of hands. They could be a problem in the tournament. Impressive ball pressure and quickness. D'Andre Williams is a major player in their frontcourt as well.

Reaction Score
Hardaway is a horrible coach. They should be up 20 and instead are sweating this out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Memphis looks like some other team(s) that can't close this game out
They are scary athletically and have some real talent - but you just don't know what team will show up.

Reaction Score
Michigan just potentially saved their season vs Wisconsin. Crazy finish to send it to OT.

Reaction Score
Emmitt Matthews Jr having a very nice game for WVU tonight versus Iowa State. Not sure how many here remember him?

By the way Joe Lunardi saying WVU is firmly in the tourney with a win here is a dope. I mean 17-13/6-11 really? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom