Week 17 Other Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 17 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What are you talking about? Xavier has a shot of dropping out of the Top 30, which would turn the home loss to Xavier into a Quad 2 loss.

Villanova is basically a useless team to UConn, so we never want them to beat one of our quality wins or losses.
It'll be close. I think this loss is no more than a 3 spot drop, moving them to 28. The concern is also how UK and Miami are playing - both are hot and can enter top 30 after this weekend. Assuming X beats Hall and Butler and loses to Providence, they might still squeeze in right at 30. Rutgers playing like crap recently could help them.

Reaction Score
You know what is simple? The fact that there are only 3 other Top 30 NET teams in the Big East. The last thing UConn wants is one of those teams to drop out of the Top 30, since UConn has a reasonably high probability of playing one or more of those teams in MSG in two weeks.
You’re over thinking it. If seeding was based off of metrics they would have never been ahead of us to begin with. Them losing helps us a lot more than it hurts us

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Xavier should foul down 1 with 40 seconds left.
I normally think Miller would have done so but he got caught up in that moment with Neptune and just spaced out
Boy that hits close to home..........................................

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Xavier is on the 4 line ahead of us. There loss drops them down which opens up the spot for us to jump in. Pretty simple.
or Creighton if they beat Marquette

Reaction Score
This Tennessee/Texas A&M game is telling me the Vols could have a quick out in the second round in the tourney if matched up against a tough, defensive team that likes playing slowly.

Teams like Northwestern, Mississippi State, North Texas, Liberty and Sam Houston State come to mind.

Reaction Score
It'll be close. I think this loss is no more than a 3 spot drop, moving them to 28. The concern is also how UK and Miami are playing - both are hot and can enter top 30 after this weekend. Assuming X beats Hall and Butler and loses to Providence, they might still squeeze in right at 30. Rutgers playing like crap recently could help them.
It was a home loss to #84. They were analytical 8 point favorites. Even a 1 point loss is 9 points off expectation. They're going to drop quite a bit. I'm predicting #31.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This Tennessee/Texas A&M game is telling me the Vols could have a quick out in the second round in the tourney if matched up against a tough, defensive team that likes playing slowly.

Teams like Northwestern, Mississippi State, North Texas, Liberty and Sam Houston State come to mind.
Watch out for North Texas!

Reaction Score
13-0 run the last 4 minutes for Marquette. Were down 3 now up 10 with 7m left.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was a home loss to #84. They were analytical 8 point favorites. Even a 1 point loss is 9 points off expectation. They're going to drop quite a bit. I'm predicting #31.
And that's the weakness of going strictly off metrics. Moore is back for Nova. Different team. Probably should've only been 4-5 pt faves (incl 3 for home) instead of 8.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Marquette snaps Creighton's win streak. Kolek was clutch

A good result for UConn in terms of BET seeding
Marquette high chance at the BET #1 seed, and maybe a #1/2 seed come NCAA’s if they run the table and others lose.

Reaction Score
Marquette high chance at the BET #1 seed, and maybe a #1/2 seed come NCAA’s if they run the table and others lose.
They have them as the 4 seed so that seems unlikely. 4 seed while ranked #10 in the country makes no sense to me.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thought they said Neptune was walking over that line on the court coaches cant go past.
He might have actually crossed half-court. Don't think being out of the coaches box matters much.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

A&M has been hot. They are good. Vols are very streaky team, kind of like UConn. Big wins (Kansas, Bama) not great losses.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Marquette snaps Creighton's win streak. Kolek was clutch

A good result for UConn in terms of BET seeding
We can’t catch Creighton unless they lose to a bad team. They’ve got one potential loss left. If we win out we could catch Xavier, which has two tough games left.

Reaction Score
We can’t catch Creighton unless they lose to a bad team. They’ve got one potential loss left. If we win out we could catch Xavier, which has two tough games left.
Which doesn't matter anyway, because we are talking about the difference between a 4 and a 5 seed, which play each other in the first game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You were more correct than I was - nine slot drop. But how does Nova only bump up one slot?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Which doesn't matter anyway, because we are talking about the difference between a 4 and a 5 seed, which play each other in the first game.
It matters if you'd like to face Xavier without Freemantle. That's our best possible outcome. Nobody should want Nova right now.

Reaction Score
It matters if you'd like to face Xavier without Freemantle. That's our best possible outcome. Nobody should want Nova right now.
If the ideal scenario is us in the #4/5 game vs. Xavier, then yes, Xavier losing helps, though more because of their place in the standings than ours.

We're not going to end up on the same side of the bracket as Nova unless a lot of stupid things happen in the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyThief

Top Bottom