Week 15 preview (Feb. 14-20) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 15 preview (Feb. 14-20)

Reaction Score
A win today over Syracuse will clinch the ACC regular season crown for NC State. It would be first regular season title for NC State since the 1989-90 season, a span of 32 years!
I could be wrong, but if NC State loses against Va Tech and Louisville wins out, won't they share the regular season title? Of course, State would get the #1 seed in the tournament due to the head to head win.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
A win today over Syracuse will clinch the ACC regular season crown for NC State. It would be first regular season title for NC State since the 1989-90 season, a span of 32 years!
I remember that season. NC State was sent to the Austin Regional as a #2 seed with #1 La. Tech. #3 seed Texas pulled the mild upset over NC State and Andrea Stinson (very impressive and explosive player).

Reaction Score
epic choke by Oregon, even worse coaching late in game by Graves. Haley Jones took over that game and put the team on her back. Stanford #2 team but a lot of times look like #1 team in the nation.

Reaction Score
Lance White’s seat should be very hot after Pitt is about to lose to Virginia. Very little, if any, improvement from year to year, and the leading scorer was just dismissed from the team.

Reaction Score
I thought Oregon was well on their way to a huge upset, however Haley Jones had some ridiculous drives in the lane.

Cameron Brink either looks like a star or a fouling machine.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Refs have decided Cam's arms are too long and if one of them comes close to touching an opponent, it's a foul. Meanwhile posts who are more stocky are allowed to bulldoze at will.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but if NC State loses against Va Tech and Louisville wins out, won't they share the regular season title? Of course, State would get the #1 seed in the tournament due to the head to head win.
The ACC only recognizes the overall top team as regular season champion. Not co-champions. Even if NC State loses to Virginia Tech, they will be regular season champs, and the top seed at the ACCT, because of their head-to-head win over Louisville.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I remember that season. NC State was sent to the Austin Regional as a #2 seed with #1 La. Tech. #3 seed Texas pulled the mild upset over NC State and Andrea Stinson (very impressive and explosive player).
Andrea Stinson ranks right up there as one my favorite players ever to wear the Red and White. If she stole the ball and got in the open court, it was all over; noone was catching her on her way to the basket.

Reaction Score
I'm really looking forward to the BIG10 and BIG12 conference tournaments. It's anyone's guess which of the top teams from each conference will end up winning it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Refs have decided Cam's arms are too long and if one of them comes close to touching an opponent, it's a foul. Meanwhile posts who are more stocky are allowed to bulldoze at will.

At least you didn't call the posts stout.... I made the mistake of calling a female friend stout. As soon as I said it, I knew I was in trouble :oops:

Reaction Score
The ACC only recognizes the overall top team as regular season champion. Not co-champions. Even if NC State loses to Virginia Tech, they will be regular season champs, and the top seed at the ACCT, because of their head-to-head win over Louisville.
Not right on this one. This was covered during the UVA v. Pitt game yesterday. An ACC official sent a text to Debbie Antonelli confirming that NC State locked up at least a share of the regular season title and would be the #1 seed in the tournament. I thought that was the case when I made my original post, but it was confirmed on the broadcast. Probably a moot point because State will most likely win against Va Tech. By the way, this has happened several times in ACC history, most recently with Louisville and Notre Dame sharing the title in 2018-19.

Reaction Score
At least you didn't call the posts stout.... I made the mistake of calling a female friend stout. As soon as I said it, I knew I was in trouble :oops:
Yup. My question is did you have to duck? And if so, how good was your reaction time?

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Not right on this one. This was covered during the UVA v. Pitt game yesterday. An ACC official sent a text to Debbie Antonelli confirming that NC State locked up at least a share of the regular season title and would be the #1 seed in the tournament. I thought that was the case when I made my original post, but it was confirmed on the broadcast. Probably a moot point because State will most likely win against Va Tech. By the way, this has happened several times in ACC history, most recently with Louisville and Notre Dame sharing the title in 2018-19.
We have to go to Blacksburg on Aisha Sheppard's Senior Day. She just went off against NC State last year. I shudder to think what she'll do to us on her Senior Day. I don't think a win against Virginia Tech is automatic, by any means.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yup. My question is did you have to duck? And if so, how good was your reaction time?

Lucky for me it was a comment made via a text. I did have to spend the next day backtracking, explaining, and apologizing :confused:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
There was a trophy presentation after the Syracuse game Sunday in Raleigh for the regular season championship. So, if I'm wrong, then the ACC office was wrong as well in bringing the trophy to Raleigh.

When Louisville and Notre Dame shared the title in 2018-19, did both teams get a trophy for being co-champions?

Reaction Score
There was a trophy presentation after the Syracuse game Sunday in Raleigh for the regular season championship. So, if I'm wrong, then the ACC office was wrong as well in bringing the trophy to Raleigh.

When Louisville and Notre Dame shared the title in 2018-19, did both teams get a trophy for being co-champions?
I know Louisville did and I can't see why Notre Dame wouldn't have. They actually shared the regular season crown two years in a row.

The ACC wasn't wrong because NC State was the champion after that win (regardless of what anyone else did). I assume they went ahead and did the trophy presentation since it was the last home game, but that is a guess.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I had no idea there was a Regular Season trophy. I kinda think State created one and brought it out to aid in the celebration. I've never seen a regular season trophy presented in Cameron, and they have won it alot more than State has.

Reaction Score
I had no idea there was a Regular Season trophy. I kinda think State created one and brought it out to aid in the celebration. I've never seen a regular season trophy presented in Cameron, and they have won it alot more than State has.
Triad, you're probably right on the trophy. I don't remember an actual trophy but I recall a celebration. I do believe the tournament winner is the true champion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom