Week 15 Other Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 15 Other Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Your hype is lively enough for me to take look after each time you post on Jalen.

The 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio is the real deal, and no small thing, but you puff up his performance in nearly every other dimension too far beyond reality to match your rhetoric.

FAU deserves high credit for being 7-0 in games decided by 5 or fewer points, including winning five such games in a row about a month ago. They know how to win, which is enviable.

The team has 9 guys in rotation, with 7 above 20 minutes per game. I'm glad you're enjoying their success.
all ur stuff lately sounds like ur practicing to be a preacher. u should visit my pal in Bport, who runs a preacher school. he guarantees that enrollees will be getting a new cadillac within one year of graduation.

the next time u provide a cite, or link, will be the first time. ever. ergo, mebbe u shud consider hot air balloon school as well.
puff dis.
23-2.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
something in the air today (this season). soon to be back in the rankings fau, had to go to ot to win at home. they did. 23-2.
mr g had 7 dimes. of course he led both teams. clutch cargo.

and now, he's 3/1 a/to.
' soon to be back in the rankings fau,'

#25. that was fast.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
all ur stuff lately sounds like ur practicing to be a preacher. u should visit my pal in Bport, who runs a preacher school. he guarantees that enrollees will be getting a new cadillac within one year of graduation.

the next time u provide a cite, or link, will be the first time. ever. ergo, mebbe u shud consider hot air balloon school as well.
puff dis.
23-2.
I sought to be polite and accentuate the positive, ergo, Jalen Gafney's admirable 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio, and FAU's late-December to mid-January string of 5 consecutive victories of 5 points or fewer, while UConn was in seeming freefall.

The last time I looked, Jalen's stat lines fell short of the rhetoric in your largely data-free hype posts. Still, I saw no reason to offer contradictory details that might throw shade on a player and a good guy who has re-potted himself in fertile soil, and a program that has a story to tell.

Florida Atlantic has 9 players in solid rotation, including 7 playing more than 20 minutes per game. Jalen's minutes per game are in the middle of this pack at 23.3 per. Four guys play more, and four guys play less. You've written differently, though it's a pretty benign misrepresentation. I chose it , to do Jalen no harm while reflecting accurately on you, and I'm content to leave things there.

If anyone else is curious, they can take a quickly-located look at team and player stats in a bunch of paces. The Yahoo Sports app gave me a good listing of categories that apply across a team's top 6 scorers within a single screen shot. You've likely got your sources, and I sure don't mind if you want to share them.

Past that, I see no healthy reason to follow full suit on the way you've angled things personally toward me, though you sure do seem to be casting an invitation for me to do so. Some might say our mismatched approaches give you an unfair advantage in scoring a certain kind of points. But I'll just pass on the preacher school recommendation; it feels kinda dog-whistle-y to me, in addition to not being anything I'm after.

Reaction Score
This is why I'm not concerned when UConn demolishes Marquette and loses a coin-flip game at Creighton in the same week. Spin a wheel, throw a dart at the board to figure out a Final Four. But we've got a shot.
I would normally agree with this except about our Jackson conundrum.

People keep wanting us to play like we did in the non-conference schedule.

Guess what? We will never be able to. Why? Because they were not defending us as they do now.

Every coach has the textbook on how to defend us. Have Jackson’s man play a one man zone and either double Sanogo, clog Newton’s lane, or help on Hawkins.

The margin for error when we are playing against that is so small.

Reaction Score
I would normally agree with this except about our Jackson conundrum.

People keep wanting us to play like we did in the non-conference schedule.

Guess what? We will never be able to. Why? Because they were not defending us as they do now.

Every coach has the textbook on how to defend us. Have Jackson’s man play a one man zone and either double Sanogo, clog Newton’s lane, or help on Hawkins.

The margin for error when we are playing against that is so small.
But counterpoint, we just played our best game of the season last week against Marquette as well. We definitely have to adjust the offense a bit, but I'm not convinced it's as drastic as some people are making it out to be.

If Jackson plays like he did that game and just cuts out the bad shots he took against Creighton it's a whole different offense. Which isn't to say he shouldn't be at 20-25 minutes instead of 25-30, I just think there's small tweaks to be made that can lead to seeing great offense again

Reaction Score
But counterpoint, we just played our best game of the season last week against Marquette as well. We definitely have to adjust the offense a bit, but I'm not convinced it's as drastic as some people are making it out to be.

If Jackson plays like he did that game and just cuts out the bad shots he took against Creighton it's a whole different offense. Which isn't to say he shouldn't be at 20-25 minutes instead of 25-30, I just think there's small tweaks to be made that can lead to seeing great offense again
I want to believe that.

But Marquette did not sell out like X and Creighton did.

I hope your right.

Reaction Score
Watching Miami vs NC and at halftime ESPN did a bit on the ACC and stated that the ACC is a pretty good conference this year, and you can't just a conference on Duke and NC only cause the other teams are very good.

Reaction Score
Watching Miami vs NC and at halftime ESPN did a bit on the ACC and stated that the ACC is a pretty good conference this year, and you can't just a conference on Duke and NC only cause the other teams are very good.
Watching this game- Carolina is really bad....getting run off their home court

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Did they say which teams?

Reaction Score
It's the time of the year where my focus pans back quite a bit to see a bit of the landscape.

Just realized that after a year away recovering from a knee injury, Baylor's Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua is back. Baylor currently has the #1 rated offense and an incredible backcourt, but JTT will help solidify Baylor's biggest weakness: interior defense (opponents shoot 52.2 2p%).

Baylor is one of my tournament sleepers.

Reaction Score
Baylor/WVU is a slugfest so far. Refs definitely letting them play, super entertaining

Reaction Score
Speaking of other games and other teams

UConn

“They really don’t have a guard who can break you down and make everybody else better. Tristen Newton has always been a scorer, so this is an adjustment for him. I wish I had an answer for you on Jordan Hawkins. He’s an NBA player. Run him off the line. Make him make tough 2s all day long. With Adama Sanogo you have to wall him up and push him off the sweet spot, make him take tough 2s. He’s a really good passer in the post. Donovan Clingan is huge, but if you can push him off the block, it’s easier to guard him. The weakness in their defense is they foul a lot, more than anybody in the Big East. Teams have had success attacking them off of ball reversals

We knew we didn’t have a G that can create. We knew Hawkins was good. Didn’t know sanogo was a really good passer in the post, That’s a head scratcher. Wow we foul too much.

caw

Reaction Score
UNC lost to Miami. Pretty unimportant aside from likely moving UNC further down the bubble (or off). They are really bad. Makes their run last year look like even more of a fluke.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UNC lost to Miami. Pretty unimportant aside from likely moving UNC further down the bubble (or off). They are really bad. Makes their run last year look like even more of a fluke.

That score is a bit surprising both ways. I keep waiting for Miami to start losing, and they don't. Maybe Miami is a basketball school now.

Reaction Score
Hubert Davis is terrible. Kevin Ollie 2.0

caw

Reaction Score
Texas looks like the better team but they can't seem to pull closer than seven it seems.

Reaction Score
This Texas Tech team is not very talented at all. Refs letting them play. Texas is good but this will be a really bad loss for them. I’m probably one of the few here that thinks the Big East is as good if not better than the Big 12.

caw

Reaction Score
This Texas Tech team is not very talented at all. Refs letting them play. Texas is good but this will be a really bad loss for them. I’m probably one of the few here that thinks the Big East is as good if not better than the Big 12.
The top five of both leagues is pretty similar. B12 has a better 6-7 this year.

TCU- SHU
OSU - Nova

There is some similarity 8-10:
WVU - SJU
Texas Tech - Butler
Oklahoma - Georgetown

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This season has been a bloodbath for the entire Top 25. A bad team like Texas Tech beating the #6 team is the rule, not the exception. Anyone who thinks that UConn is going to cruise to 5-0 or 4-1 the rest of the regular season against the Big East flotsam like Depaul and St. Johns has not been paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom