Reaction Score
BIIG's top ten games of the week!

HONORABLE MENTIONS
Thursday 8PM - UAB @ North Texas
Tuesday 7PM - Auburn @ Texas A&M
Tuesday 9PM - NC State @ Virginia
Tuesday 1030PM - Nevada @ New Mexico

10. Tuesday 630PM - (24) Rutgers @ (18) Indiana
Does Indiana fall flat after big win Saturday, or do they take care of business against a TOUGH Rutgers team. With a 6 way tie for third in the Big Ten, this is Indiana's chance to jump up into second place with Rutgers....or Rutgers can keep that spot for itself.

9. Saturday NOON - (20) Providence @ St. John's
Providence was AMPed to escape St. John's by just 3 points when the two teams met in January, but how will they fair without their Dunkin Faithful. You play St. John's on a Saturday in February...it's a biiiig game. The Johnnies can knock Providence down to the 4 spot matchup with a win, this is a MUST WIN game for the Friars

8. Wednesday 630PM - (23) Creighton @ Seton Hall
if you've been watching big east hoops, its been clear for a week or two that..."CREIGHTON IS BACK"...but this is their first game being back as a ranked team and its own the road. A win here can give Seton Hall a legit shot at that coveted 5 spot in the big east to avoid playing on Wednesday. Creighton can't afford losing to any teams they should beat right now

7. Saturday 2PM - (3) Alabama @ Auburn
RIVALRY GAME! This game is always a hot ticket down south. Expect a packed house, cheapest ticket right now is $178 before fees. Bruce Pearl always puts a show on for this one, and both teams are in the mix. It's gonna be ROWDY

6. Tuesday 9PM - (17) TCU @ (12) Kansas St
Two teams that have been making noise all season but have had slight missteps as of late. Both in a four way tie for third at 6-4, losing this game would be tough for either team.

5. Wednesday 10PM - (25) San Diego St @ Utah St
I'm not Mountain West guy, but I even understand this game is a BIIIG one. Winner is in first place in the best conference in college hoops. Take a post work nap on Wednesday so you can stay up for the big game

4. Saturday 4PM - (14) Baylor @ (17) TCU
Two teams that have been making noise all season but have had slight missteps as of late. Both in a four way tie for third at 6-4, losing this game would be tough for either team.

3. Saturday 2PM - (22) UConn @ (23) Creighton
Both teams think they are back, this game is a big checkpoint for both squads. Who is actually back? UConn has never won at creighton

2. Tuesday 630PM - (10) Marquette @ (22) UConn
Before UConn can answer if they "are back" on Saturday, they must prove that they in the conversation of "Being Back" on Tuesday. Last time a top 15 team strolled into CT, they prevailed...but this time it'll be in Hartford. Clingan should get big minutes

1. Monday 9PM - (5) Texas @ (9) Kansas
This is a cool game, but only made it number 1 so non Big East fans wouldn't say my game ratings had Big East bias. If Texas wins this one they will be running away with the big 12

Reaction Score
No. 10 Marquette at No. 21 UConn (Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. on FS1) -- While Shaka Smart made a name for himself with his "Havoc" defense at VCU, it's his offense -- which ranks fourth in efficiency -- that has his Golden Eagles as one of the nation's best teams. They are especially good on spot-ups (90th percentile) and cuts (96th percentile). That second category stands out; the Golden Eagles are in constant motion, with guards who attack the paint and bigs who can put you on a poster. Donovan Clingan found that out the hard way thanks to Oso Ighodaro in the first matchup.

UConn has struggled to defend cutters this season, ranking in the 30th percentile nationally in that area. However, the Huskies will certainly have an advantage offensively on post-ups, in which they rank in the 94th percentile. Marquette, meanwhile, is in the 22nd percentile nationally defending post-ups.

UConn should dominate inside. The Huskies had 16 points off put-backs and eight points off post-ups in the first meeting. Whether it's enough to counter a versatile, well-rounded Marquette attack is TBD.

No. 21 UConn at No. 23 Creighton (Saturday, 2 p.m. on FOX) -- There's no rest for the weary for UConn. The Huskies did manage to beat the Bluejays by nine at home in early January, but road tests have been a bigger issue. UConn has lost trips to Xavier, Providence, Marquette and Seton Hall, four of the five teams ahead of the Huskies in the Big East standings.

The fifth, of course, is Creighton, which has the conference's best defense in efficiency, effective field goal percentage, rebounding percentage, free throw rate, 2-point percentage and block rate. Greg McDermott's team is good just about everywhere on that end. Offensively, Ryan Kalkbrenner is averaging 16 points per game after being held to just nine in the first meeting against the Huskies. His battle with Adama Sanogo and Donovan Clingan will be fun.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is for non Big East games. I’m watching the Celtics until the Kansas vs Texas game tonight. Big one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Miami is just schooling Duke. Up 23 now. The freshmen for Duke are looking like freshmen. It is always enjoyable watching Duke get blown out
Miami is so funky - they either look like the best ACC team or look like cellar dwellers - no in between for Miami

Reaction Score
This Dook game is a lot of fun. Walker just schooled Filfilfiflflfilkowski bad. Then the 5'9 kid got an O-bound dunk between Dooks giants. Miami's 5 is 6'-7".

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Kansas playing great D early, but with four guys in street clothes, I’m a bit worried about wearing down. Need a bounce back win.

Reaction Score
Miami is just schooling Duke. Up 23 now. The freshmen for Duke are looking like freshmen. It is always enjoyable watching Duke get blown out
I wonder how long it will take some of us UCONN fans to stop hopingbDuke loses each time they play.

Reaction Score
I wonder how long it will take some of us UCONN fans to stop hopingbDuke loses each time they play.
Maybe when espn stops propping up Duke as a national championship contender when most of their players haven’t played a minute of college basketball.

Reaction Score
Duke is 8-5 in conference and we are 7-6. They’re not great and neither are we sad to say.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe when espn stops propping up Duke as a national championship contender when most of their players haven’t played a minute of college basketball.
Does anyone even watch or care about esspin any more? I’m hard pressed to think of a more irrelevant, but once monster TV network. I see no difference between them and MTV . They had pretty much the same arc of revelancy. Now? Lol. You might as well cite Nick Charles and Fred Hickman doing CNN sports at 11 .

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Does anyone even watch or care about esspin any more? I’m hard pressed to think of a more irrelevant, but once monster TV network. I see no difference between them and MTV . They had pretty much the same arc of revelancy. Now? Lol. You might as well cite Nick Charles and Fred Hickman doing CNN sports at 11 .
I watched the "Bullies from Baltimore" 30 for 30 last night. Entertaining.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It‘s still big for college football, but most of their shows are useless. NFL network is better for NFL stuff.

Of course I’m watching it right now.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wow. The guards stepped up for KU. Harris with a great game and Joe Yesufu has been fantastic with Pettiford out. Unbelievably quick. Dick having a huge all around game, which they need since Wilson has 2 points. Yesufu playing like this would change my opinion on KU going deep in the tournament.

Reaction Score
Home sick today, but recorded the Kansas/Texas game.

Without spoiler alerts (haven't checked score yet), is the game worth watching? Only yes/no answers suffice.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Home sick today, but recorded the Kansas/Texas game.

Without spoiler alerts (haven't checked score yet), is the game worth watching? Only yes/no answers suffice.
Yes. It was very entertaining. Lots of athleticism on display.

Reaction Score
Yes. It was very entertaining. Lots of athleticism on display.
Accidentally saw the score before starting the game, but such a fun environment in Lawrence.

I'm not impressed with Texas' ceiling. Marcus Carr is great and Sir'Jabari Rice is a nice bench piece, but I don't think they have enough shot makers to go beyond S16.

Psyched for tomorrow's press row opportunity at Rose Hill. It'll be my first time there and even more sweet knowing the fanbase is pumped, the team is playing well and the game is sold out!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Accidentally saw the score before starting the game, but such a fun environment in Lawrence.

I'm not impressed with Texas' ceiling. Marcus Carr is great and Sir'Jabari Rice is a nice bench piece, but I don't think they have enough shot makers to go beyond S16.

Psyched for tomorrow's press row opportunity at Rose Hill. It'll be my first time there and even more sweet knowing the fanbase is pumped, the team is playing well and the game is sold out!

Fordham is one of those schools where I can't figure out why it is not better at everything. It has a cool campus, albeit on the edge of a rough area of the Bronx. It is a well-respected private school in the finance capital of the world, yet its Law Schools and Business School are both good, not great. And despite being in New York and in one of the best mid-major conferences for a long time, it has gone to one NCAA Tournament in the last 50 years.

Reaction Score
Welp.

1675819936970.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members