Week 11 - Jan 15 to 21 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Week 11 - Jan 15 to 21

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Question to the Stanford fans...is Kiki having a better season than Brink? They have eerily similar stats, though Bring is far the bigger force on defense (3.2bpg to Kiki's 0.4), and Bring is also a threat at the 3pt line.

But...here are Kiki's numbers against ranked opponets:

CO: 19pts, 19bds
Utah: 25pts, 16bds
FSU: 30pts, 17bds
Indiana: 20pts, 11bds

and here are Brink's:

CO: 12pts, 12bds
Utah: 9pts, 7bds
FSU: 19pts, 9bds
Indiana: 20pts, 17bds
I'll call it a tie. I do agree Cam has a much broader skill set right now.

By the way Kiki hit two 3-pointers today -- on consecutive possessions, no less. Her game will expand further.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ball State defeats Toledo to take the lead in the MAC

Fantastic win by my Sun Devils who shocked the world by upsetting the Faux Huskies in Seattle.

I guess the approved narrative is: No nights off!

Dag.. the magnitude of the Husky loss just hit me.... They need to throw them out of the Pac 12 for that garbage :rolleyes:

sadhusky.jpg

Reaction Score
Hey, everyone needs to realize that Oregon State's losses have been to UCLA, USC, & Stanford ON THE ROAD. And, OSU has the honor of holding each of these teams to their lowest offensive point totals for the season. This is an incredibly young team that will get better as the season progresses, and OSU gets these teams in Gill Coliseum next. Unfortunately, OSU has to play UCLA, USC, Stanford, UTAH and Colorado twice this season. But OSU will be an extremely tough out in the NCAA Tournament. Nobody is going to want to play Oregon State. Rueck lost this game by not making the right in-game adjustments. This team will be fine. MOCK my words.

Reaction Score
My uneducated rankings
1 SC
2 UCLA
3 Iowa
4 Colorado
5 NC St
6 Kan St
7 Stanford
8 USC
9 LSU
10 UConn
11 Texas
12 Ohio St
13 Louisville
14 UNC
15 Notre Dame
16 Gonzaga

Also: VT, Utah, Creighton

Reaction Score
Fantastic win by my Sun Devils who shocked the world by upsetting the Faux Huskies in Seattle.

Are you trying to have as many of “your” teams as Triad?

ASU Houston SFA ……

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Hey, everyone needs to realize that Oregon State's losses have been to UCLA, USC, & Stanford ON THE ROAD. And, OSU has the honor of holding each of these teams to their lowest offensive point totals for the season. This is an incredibly young team that will get better as the season progresses, and OSU gets these teams in Gill Coliseum next. Unfortunately, OSU has to play UCLA, USC, Stanford, UTAH and Colorado twice this season. But OSU will be an extremely tough out in the NCAA Tournament. Nobody is going to want to play Oregon State. Rueck lost this game by not making the right in-game adjustments. This team will be fine. MOCK my words.
Your words don't deserve mockery. :)

Except there was no way Stanford was going to lose today with the postgame celebration of Tara's 1203rd win all set up and the former players there cheering them on.

Reaction Score
My uneducated rankings
1 SC
2 UCLA
3 Iowa
4 Colorado
5 NC St
6 Kan St
7 Stanford
8 USC
9 LSU
10 UConn
11 Texas
12 Ohio St
13 Louisville
14 UNC
15 Notre Dame
16 Gonzaga

Alb1: SC - USC - UConn - ND
Por2: UCLA - K St - LSU - UNC
Alb3: Iowa - Stan - Tex - Lou
Por4: Col - NCSt - OhSt - Gonz

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts: Is Arizona going to make the tournament? I like Adia Barnes a lot, its just so interesting how college basketball works. Right after losing in the finals, she was saying she's not satisfied, she gets a huge contract. In her 3rd season post the run and the bag, she may be coaching a team that instead of being a top 25 program, may be out of tournament. It's probably not her fault but life comes at you fast. And also having a stud player is really program altering/transformative.

Washington State seems to be back on track. Injury bug hit them early but they are playing a bit better. Still think Legend-Walking has to be a bit better for them to win a tournament game.

USC went 0-2 but were close to beating Colorado. They look like a 3 seed in the tournament.

I can't figure out the ACC. I think Notre Dame may be the best team. I actually think Hannah Hidalgo is the best freshman in the country. Don't love Virginia tech, too 2 women oriented, though the two are pretty great. UNC and Louisville can beat anyone but go too cold offensively for me. I like FSU, but they lost to Virginia today...

Big shout out to Ashley Owusu. Long time coming. Got her first start today and put in 20. Just happy for her. She missed so much time this season and had the unceremonious ending last year. I really didn't know if she would play at a high level again. She's been great in all her games thus far this season and kinda makes Penn State a thread, like sweet 16 threat for sure.

Tennessee is quietly getting healthy and winning games. Arguably have a top 5 pick on their roster, with a solid supporting cast. IDK what that means in the end, especially at a program like Tennessee where the standard is so high. Like I could see them as another sweet 16 team but I don't think fans would be too blown away with that outcome.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I can't figure out the ACC. I think Notre Dame may be the best team. I actually think Hannah Hidalgo is the best freshman in the country. Don't love Virginia tech, too 2 women oriented, though the two are pretty great. UNC and Louisville can beat anyone but go too cold offensively for me. I like FSU, but they lost to Virginia today...
:(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sometimes u overlook a few things in this thread that you come across later.. For example

Damn after I went to the mat with @Plebe in defense of Dook, now they’re hanging me out to dry!

You spelling kinda like a Chapel Hill fan :mad:

NC State is back in the win column. Wow, they dominated Duke almost as thoroughly as Clemson did.

That's at least one ACC team that definitely won't be ranked tomorrow.

63c339267aebd944e26c6c8d34e404d6.jpg

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Good morning hoop fans! Rounding out week 11, nine top 25 teams lost, with USC & FSU losing twice. I'll start a week 12 thread after the AP poll comes out. Today's battle is with the cable guy, after finding out that we mysteriously lost a whole bunch of sports channels, including ACCN, PAC12, some ESPN.

Reaction Score
Lol very fair. Completely missed NC State. They are really good. They have a pretty brutal schedule in February but they have looked good all season when healthy

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Here's my take: Brink is just way, way more versatile and skilled. That doesn't necessarily show up in the stats. Iriafen is having a very good season, this isn't meant to take anything away from her. But Brink does things you just aren't going to see from Iriafen. Whether it's grabbing a D board and dribbling length of the floor, the passing from the high post, floor spacing as mentioned above, etc.
Really well put. Stats don't tell the full story. No disrespect to Iriafen though who is having a heck of a season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Good morning hoop fans! Rounding out week 11, nine top 25 teams lost, with USC & FSU losing twice. I'll start a week 12 thread after the AP poll comes out. Today's battle is with the cable guy, after finding out that we mysteriously lost a whole bunch of sports channels, including ACCN, PAC12, some ESPN.
Losing channels, even tho temporary, is why we switched from YouTube TV to Hulu Live.
Looking forward to your game selections later today.

Reaction Score
My uneducated rankings
1 SC
2 UCLA
3 Iowa
4 Colorado
5 NC St
6 Kan St
7 Stanford
8 USC
9 LSU
10 UConn
11 Texas
12 Ohio St
13 Louisville
14 UNC
15 Notre Dame
16 Gonzaga

No IU? They are better than #13-16 listed here.

Reaction Score
Sometimes u overlook a few things in this thread that you come across later.. For example

You spelling kinda like a Chapel Hill fan :mad:

View attachment 95467
The Duck blue devils have a scoring problem once again. Must be habit forming, stop me if we haven’t seen this before.

Reaction Score
No IU? They are better than #13-16 listed here.

Indiana does not have a top 30 win.
Best are Tenn and Princeton.

The only really good teams they have played — Iowa and Stanford — were 30 point blowouts.

I can give the benefit of the doubt up to a point, but we are 20 games in now. Show me.

Reaction Score
My uneducated rankings
1 SC
2 UCLA
3 Iowa
4 Colorado
5 NC St
6 Kan St
7 Stanford
8 USC
9 LSU
10 UConn