Week 11 - Jan 15 to 21 | The Boneyard

Week 11 - Jan 15 to 21

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Happy Monday BYers. Another great week of WBB as we continue the grind of conference play. Five games of ranked vs ranked, and a few of interest, highlighted (in purple)

1705347592012.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's my predictions for this week:
  • UConn -- 2 wins
  • Villanova upsets Marquette
  • Vanderbilt beats Auburn, loses to Tennessee
  • Indiana -- 2 wins
  • UNC -- 2 wins
  • USC -- 2 losses
  • Stanford beats Oregon, loses to Ore St
  • tOSU upsets Iowa, loses to MD
  • Virginia upsets ND
  • Duke upsets NC St

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I wonder why UCLA @ Utah is next Monday instead of on Sunday like all the other Pac 12 games? Anyway the LA schools at the Mountain schools are 4 more big games with big conference championship implications.

I've seen a couple predictions of Oregon St. over Stanford. The Beavs have won ONCE at Maples in the last 20 or 25 years or so. Seems fairly unlikely to me.

Of all the other games, Iowa @ Ohio St. is the one that catches my eye.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Wow! 14 ranked teams in road games Wednesday and Thursday.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Colorado has an interesting week.
Too bad that the PAC12 network decided to stay a regional network unlike the ACC, SEC and B1G10 network, which are nationally available. Heck, even the Big12 hooked up with ESPN+ to make their games nationally available.
I also find it interesting that quite a few B1G games are now on Peacock.
But I am just stating the obvious as this subject has been discussed many a time.
2Q==.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've seen a couple predictions of Oregon St. over Stanford. The Beavs have won ONCE at Maples in the last 20 or 25 years or so. Seems fairly unlikely to me.
You have a point there. But Stanford has come out flat a couple of times recently, and almost lost to Utah last week -- I might amend that to say should have lost to Utah but for some erratic reffing.

On the other hand, Ore St had a close loss to USC. But then, the Beavers often manage to fall just short. If only Reagan Beers and Kelsey Rees could put something together in the front court... But Brink and Iriafen aren't still hoping to put things together. They're already doing it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You have a point there. But Stanford has come out flat a couple of times recently, and almost lost to Utah last week -- I might amend that to say should have lost to Utah but for some erratic reffing.

On the other hand, Ore St had a close loss to USC. But then, the Beavers often manage to fall just short. If only Reagan Beers and Kelsey Rees could put something together in the front court... But Brink and Iriafen aren't still hoping to put things together. They're already doing it.
Rees has disappeared since conference play started. Maybe it's time to switch her out for Gardiner in the starting lineup. Beers has been delivering.

I think OSU is much improved from last year, but their best win to date is over Arizona at home, and they needed OT to do it.

Maybe Stanford has been a bit up and down, but their wins over Indiana, Florida St. and Utah far exceed what OSU has done so far.

Reaction Score
Rees has disappeared since conference play started. Maybe it's time to switch her out for Gardiner in the starting lineup. Beers has been delivering.

I think OSU is much improved from last year, but their best win to date is over Arizona at home, and they needed OT to do it.

Maybe Stanford has been a bit up and down, but their wins over Indiana, Florida St. and Utah far exceed what OSU has done so far.
If Ore St loses to Stanford, it looks like that could be the beginning of 7 or 8 losses practically in a row for them, judging from the upcoming schedule. There's a little respite in that they get to play Oregon along the way. This looks to be tough season for them unless they can get some upsets.

Yes, Stanford has some good wins, though I discount that one over Utah, which could have (should have) gone the other way. They are undoubtedly the better team, even though this is a down year for their guard play. I expect them to come in 2nd or maybe 3rd in the Pac12.

Reaction Score
Will Stan players be tight with Tara going for the all time wins lead?

Reaction Score
She's winningest coach in WCBB...but needs one more win to tie Coach K for winningest BB coach period...and two wins for Tara to overtake Coach K.
It will be a short lived achievement, since Geno will surpass her as soon as she retires, within a single season.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
South Carolina destroyed Kentucky, 98-36. And there was a dunk in that game!
And the dunk wasn't made by the USC player many of us probably thought made it :eek:
So now I want to know why this isn't an every game thing? She made it look quite easy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@BRS24 No love for the smaller conferences?

She's winningest coach in WCBB...but needs one more win to tie Coach K for winningest BB coach period...and two wins for Tara to overtake Coach K.

Don't get me started.

Reaction Score
And the dunk wasn't made by the USC player many of us probably thought made it :eek:
So now I want to know why this isn't an every game thing? She made it look quite easy.
Because she has to be wide open. It's impressive don't get me wrong.

Reaction Score
Actually, it was made by the player most people expected. A McDonald’s dunk contest champion who had numerous dunks in high school. She had two recorded last year ( though one was dubious)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Actually, it was made by the player most people expected. A McDonald’s dunk contest champion who had numerous dunks in high school. She had two recorded last year ( though one was dubious)
I don't want to sound argumentative but I am guessing that some UConn fans may not be as aware of the capabilities of the USC players. As far as myself, I have yet to watch a USC game this season, I pay no attention to the the team or conference threads on this subforum and therefore can only name 2 or 3 players.

Reaction Score
I don't want to sound argumentative but I am guessing that some UConn fans may not be as aware of the capabilities of the USC players. As far as myself, I have yet to watch a USC game this season, I pay no attention to the the team or conference threads on this subforum and therefore can only name 2 or 3 players.
Those UConn fans who follow recruiting ( especially that of Ayanna Patterson) know that Ashlynn Watkins was dunking in the 9th grade. Admittedly, not everyone tracks 9th grade girls

She is probably the best defender and athlete on our team. Her shots need polishing and she’s horrible at the FT line though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom