Week 11 games (Feb. 1-7) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 11 games (Feb. 1-7)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Heartbreak out of the Southern Applachians..... it was looking like a major upset as Western Carolina lead by 12 points going into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately a combination of sloppy play by the Catamounts and clutch shooting by the Bears doomed WCU and lose in overtime to Socon favorite Mercer 69-62.

I guess the Bears are who we thought they were :( Same two teams meet again on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Talk about playing down your competition. NAU Lumberjacks trailing the Sacramento Hornets (1- 12) 12 to 8 with 2 minutes left in the first quarter. Regan Schenk picked up her second personal foul 5 minutes into the first quarter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ole Miss leads KY 53-44 late in 3rd. Gotta coach Yo some props. Nearly everyone transferred before she started so she had to patch together transfers for year 1. And they were terrible. But now it's year 3, and they are not half bad.

Reaction Score
NAU, 8-0 on the season when leading at the half ,take a three point lead into the locker room. Other than Khiairca Rasheed (15 points and 7 boards) the Jacks have underperformed big time at home against the one win Hornets.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Doesn't look like Illinois is going to get their first conference win today, either. Trailing Sparty 51-28 at the half.

Reaction Score
What has happened to KY? They've got the talent to be one of the best in the league. Now they might not even finish top 4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What has happened to KY? They've got the talent to be one of the best in the league. Now they might not even finish top 4.
Matthew Mitchell>Kyra Elzy...by a wide margin. This is why you should take advantage of having an interim coach in unusual circumstances like this, instead of now being stuck for several more years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kourtney Weber (#2 scorer) was out for Florida State and they still beat North Carolina easily. I was under the impression with Watts, Holesinka and the freshman class, UNC would take a step forward

I expected better from that team this year.... figured they would finish around 4th in the conference. I'm not disappointed with their results mind you, but I thought they would be alot better.

Reaction Score
Jack's finally opening a little daylight 56-44 at the end of three. Rasheed has a double double with 17 points and 10 boards. Regan Schenk with her minutes limited still has 10 assists and an outside shot at a triple double with seven boards and five points.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fresno St. (vs. Utah St.) and Colorado St. (vs. Wyoming) taking care of business to stay in the thick of the Mountain West race.

Reaction Score
Jack's pull away for a 75-51 victory over Sac State. Regan Schenk lights it up for a triple double -11 boards, 12 assists and 13 points.

Interestingly last year in the first game against Sac State then Jack's point guard Caitlin Malvar had a triple-double

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Pacific seems to underachieve pretty much every year in the WCC to me. Well something got them riled up today because they are drilling Santa Clara 46-16 approaching halftime. No team in a conference like the WCC has any business being sub .500 when they have 2 players like Valerie Higgins and Brooklyn McDavid.

edit--SCU is tied for 3rd and Pacific is in 8th place currently

Reaction Score
I expected better from that team this year.... figured they would finish around 4th in the conference. I'm not disappointed with their results mind you, but I thought they would be alot better.

Yes I thought they would be better especially when compared to other programs with new coaches, main one being Georgia Tech because Nell Fortner entered the ACC the same time as Banghart. Georgia Tech lost two of their best young players to Louisville and Fortner has still found success.

Banghart is not happy with guardplay, she referenced they won't have a point guard until next year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell>Kyra Elzy...by a wide margin. This is why you should take advantage of having an interim coach in unusual circumstances like this, instead of now being stuck for several more years.
I don't know that Mitchell was that much better. What did Kentucky do last year? Who did they beat who was any good? They would've probably been a 7 seed, maybe a 6 at highest. They were over-ranked pretty much all season.

Reaction Score
I don't know that Mitchell was that much better. What did Kentucky do last year? Who did they beat who was any good? They would've probably been a 7 seed, maybe a 6 at highest. They were over-ranked pretty much all season.
Its hard to compare because Kentucky has a lot of new players that weren't on the team or weren't eligible last year. Dre'una Edwards, Olivia Owens, Robyn Benton, Jazmine Massengil. So this year if they are the same as last year, then to me that is downgrade.

Reaction Score
The South Dakota v SD State game tonight is interesting to me. Both undefeated in conference.

At least one will be a tourney team - maybe both.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The South Dakota v SD State game tonight is interesting to me. Both undefeated in conference.

At least one will be a tourney team - maybe both.
You beat me to it! Exactly what I was going to say. This is a highly compelling matchup year in and year out, with high quality basketball. And I have a feeling I know what @triaddukefan would say about it!

I believe both will be in the tournament. Both did enough in the nonconference to earn an at-large if needed, IMO.

Reaction Score
You beat me to it! Exactly what I was going to say. This is a highly compelling matchup year in and year out, with high quality basketball. And I have a feeling I know what @triaddukefan would say about it!

I believe both will be in the tournament. Both did enough in the nonconference to earn an at-large if needed, IMO.
SD State 13-2
South Dakota 110-3

Both teams 6-0 in conference

NCAA Net Rankings:
South Dakota #27
SD State #43

AP Poll
SD State #23
South Dakota #31

Coaches Poll
SD State # 28
South Dakota UR

Massey
South Dakota #37
SD State #41

RPI
SD State
South Dakota

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If I had the money...... attending a SDSU vs USD matchup in a Summit Conference Final would be on my list of must see WBB games in person. Imagine the atmosphere on a neutral court in Sioux Falls :eek::eek::eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm looking at his tenure overall. Didn't make deep runs in the Tourney but finished top 4 in the SEC 10 out of 13 years, 1st or 2nd 4 times, and routinely won 25+ games. Decent amount of success at a school w/out a deep tradition in wcbb.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wright St. leading Milwaukee 67-56 w/ 45 seconds left.

edit--67-58 final; now both teams tied at 12-3 in conference. Northern Kentucky is 6-0 but trailing Green Bay by 8 at the half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
New Mexico held way under their scoring average, but outscored San Diego St. 42-21 in the 2nd half to cruise to a win and stay in the Mountain West title hunt.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Green Bay beat Northern Kentucky and also IUPUI won, keeping the Horizon very interesting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist jumped all over New Mexico St. 32-9 in Q1, looking to remain among the VERY few unbeatens left.

edit--UC Davis is also undefeated but has only played 5 games, and is at Oregon on Saturday so probably will pick up their first loss. Bucknell is the only other.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
:eek: George Mason (winless in conference) was held to 27 points today by Rhode Island. Only cracked double digits in 1 quarter. 7-2-8-10. Wow, wow, wow. It's gotta be difficult being that bad on offense. Sorry, I don't think any D is THAT good. 20% shooting (11-54), 7% behind the arc (1-14).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom