Week 11 games (Feb. 1-7) | The Boneyard

Week 11 games (Feb. 1-7)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
All times are Eastern time zone.
My subjective picks for games of the week are in bold.
Rankings listed are per the latest BY25 poll.

Sun., Feb. 7

#20 DePaul at Marquette (12p, BEDN)

Wake Forest at Georgia Tech (12p, ACCNX)
Minnesota at #11 Ohio State (1p, BTN+)
Florida State at Miami (1p, ESPNU)

#18 Indiana at Iowa (2p, ESPN2)
#6 NC State at North Carolina (2p, ACCN)
Notre Dame at #1 Louisville (2p, ESPN)
#9 Baylor at Kansas State (2p, ESPN+)
Nebraska at Rutgers (2p, BTN+)
Syracuse at Pitt (2p, ACCNX)

#15 Arkansas at #7 Texas A&M (3p, SECN)
#23 Northwestern at Michigan State (3p, BTN+)
USC at Washington State (3p, live stream)

Florida Gulf Coast at North Alabama (3p, ESPN+)
Purdue at Illinois (3p, BTN+)
Northeastern at Delaware (3p, FloHoops)

Utah at #5 Stanford (4p, P12N)
#4 UCLA at Washington (5p, live stream)

== == ==

Already played:

Mon., Feb. 1

Marquette at Creighton (3p, BEDN)
Southeast Missouri at UT Martin (5p, ESPNU)
#6 NC State at #1 Louisville (7p, ESPN2)
#11 Ohio State at #23 Northwestern (8p, BTN)

Tues., Feb. 2

Syracuse at Georgia Tech (7p, ACCNX)
Kansas at Oklahoma State (7:30P, ESPN+)

Wed., Feb. 3

Houston at Tulsa (1p, ESPN+)
Providence at Villanova (4p, BEDN)
Marquette at Georgetown (4p, BEDN)
Tulane at Wichita State (4p, ESPN+)
Ball State at Central Michigan (5p, ESPN+)
Kent State at Ohio (6p, ESPN+)

St. John’s at #3 UConn (6:30p, FoxSports/SNY)
Lamar at Abilene Christian (6:30p, ESPN+)
Iowa State at #21 West Virginia (7p, ESPN+)
Buffalo at Akron (7p, ESPN+)
Kansas State at Texas Tech (7p, ESPN+)
Texas at Oklahoma (8p, Fox Sports OK)

Thu., Feb. 4

Wisconsin at #8 Maryland (4p, BTN)
Iowa at #11 Ohio State (6p, BTN)
Illinois at Michigan State (6p, BTN+)
Nebraska at Penn State (6p, BTN+)
Wake Forest at Syracuse (6p, ACCN)
Florida State at North Carolina (6p, ACCN/ACCNX)

#24 Georgia at Alabama (7p, SECN)
#2 South Carolina at Auburn (7p, SECN+)
#17 Kentucky at Ole Miss (7p, SECN+)
Virginia Tech at Pitt (7p, ACCNX)
Clemson at Georgia Tech (7p, ACCNX)
Pepperdine at BYU (7p, BYUtv app)

#1 Louisville at Boston College (8p, ACCN)
Kansas at #9 Baylor (8p, ESPN+)
#15 Arkansas at Missouri (8p, SECN+)
Rutgers at #18 Indiana (8p, BTN). Postponed.
#19 Tennessee at Mississippi State (8p, SECN+). Postponed.

Wyoming at Colorado State (8p, Mountain West)

LSU at #7 Texas A&M (9p, SECN)

Fri., Feb. 5

#4 UCLA at Washington State (3p, live stream)
New Mexico State at Cal Baptist (5p, WAC)

South Dakota at #22 South Dakota State (6p, ESPN3)
Dayton at St. Joseph’s (6p, ESPN+)
#3 UConn at Marquette (7p, SNY/FoxSports)

Colorado at #5 Stanford (9p, P12N)

Utah at Cal (9p, live stream)
USC at Washington (10p, live stream)

Sat., Feb. 6

Ohio at Bowling Green (12p, ESPN+)
Northeastern at Delaware (1p, FloHoops)
Texas Tech at Iowa State (3p, ESPN+)
UMass Lowell at Maine (4p, ESPN3)
Loyola Marymount at BYU (4p, BYUtv)
New Mexico State at Cal Baptist (5p, WAC)

South Dakota at #22 South Dakota State (6p, ESPN3)
High Point at Charleston Southern (6p, ESPN+)

#21 West Virginia at Texas (8p, LHN)
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State (8p, ESPN+)
UC Davis at #12 Oregon (9p,)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grand Canyon Lobes go for a sweep of The Tarleton onight at 6:00 p.m. MST The game will be on the Lopes TV network. Last night Grand Canyon turned Tarleton over 26 times in their 9 point win

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, 2 lonely games tonight, however both with interest for me:
1. I am rooting for Georgia Tech as I need them to assert themselves ahead of ND to lessen the likelihood of an NCAAT bid by the Irish and break their 24 consecutive appearances that should have been broken last year. And yes, maybe I am being petty.
2. As Natasha Mack is on the Wooden Watch list and I don’t recall her being notable in any of the 3 previous games I watched so I want to focus on her for my own edification.

Reaction Score
The 7 - 2 wandering Lobos of New Mexico continue their season of travel to San Diego State Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. MST.

Don't be fooled last weekend's "home" series split with Fresno State was played in Texas.

The barnstorming Lobos do not have a home game scheduled for the remainder of the year which if it holds means their entire season was played on the road. This team deserves kudos and frequent flyer points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While on the subject of wandering, New Mexico State continues their season long road journey with a pair of games February 5 and 6 at 3:00 p.m. in Riverside against league leading and undefeated Cal Baptist.

Don't be fooled: the two "home" games that they've played were in Phoenix against the Grand Canyon Antelopes. New Mexico State was designated the home team and looked pretty good I thought in splitting those two games.

They have four more "home" games which will be played in El Paso. At least it's reasonably close to their real home.

Unfortunately the 5th and 6th will be massive challenges against The undefeated high scoring Cal Baptist team. I would guess in one of those two games, probably the second, Cal Baptist will surpass 90 points.

Reaction Score
Dayton and St Louis engaged in a defensive thriller a la ASU style. 10-4 at the end of the first quarter.

Score was Dayton two St Louis three with four minutes 22 seconds remaining in the quarter. Both teams then went on an offensive rampage.

Reaction Score
Lopes have recovered their swagger and energy as they lead Tarleton 23 -10 at the end of the first. Great defense with 8 turnovers and the press is really bothering Tarleton in the second matchup in Phoenix.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon will host UC Davis this Saturday (the Friday game against Arizona State has been cancelled and--presumably--will be rescheduled). I believe UC Davis is unbeaten at this point.

Reaction Score
NAU Lumberjacks are home against Sacramento State February 4th (6pm MST) and February 6th(noon). Both games will be on Pluto TV 1058.

Sac State is 1 and 12 and a sweep this weekend opens up the possibility of the Jacks winning out. With a little help they could end in the top four in the Big Sky.

Jack's fans remember last year's January 9th game against Sac State a double overtime 114 to 107 thriller. The Jacks point guard Caitlin Malver had a triple double in the win.

Mystery what happened to Malvar as she was a junior last year. Regan Schenck has done an outstanding job as a point guard. But I sure do wonder what happened to last year's starting point guard. a Washington native, I wonder if perhaps it was some covid related issue.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In a rare midweek Big South tilt..... the Bulldogs of UNC-Asheville come off the mountain for a trip to Clinton SC and get handled by the Blue Hose of Presbyterian... 82-64. Don't sleep on the Hose... they look like a team that can cause trouble in the Big South.

bhose.jpg

Reaction Score
The 7 - 2 wandering Lobos of New Mexico continue their season of travel to San Diego State Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. MST.

Don't be fooled last weekend's "home" series split with Fresno State was played in Texas.

The barnstorming Lobos do not have a home game scheduled for the remainder of the year which if it holds means their entire season was played on the road. This team deserves kudos Andrew frequent flyer points.
After trailing the Aztecs 27-26 at the half the Lobos shift into high gear and score 36 in the third to take a 62 - 37 lead after 3.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
After trailing the Aztecs 27-26 at the half the Lobos shift into high gear and score 36 in the third to take a 62 - 37 lead after 3.

a good week so far for lady wolves

Reaction Score
84-48 NM win. After scoring 26 in the first half the wandering Lobos step on the gas in the second half and leave the short handed Aztecs in the dust.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Welp, both of the "games to watch" that had been slated for an 8 p.m. tipoff (Tennessee-Miss. St and Rutgers-Indiana) have now been postponed.

What a weird season.

Reaction Score
Illinois @ Michigan St. moved to 8:00 and will be on BTN in place of Rutgers/Indiana.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Just when I start giving some credit to Nebraska, here they are trailing Penn St. today. A long way to go still and it's close, but just not a game they should be losing.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If I many skip ahead to Friday, a very full schedule and some interesting games. Milwaukee (12-2 in conference) vs. Wright St. (11-3), first of back to back games between them w/ big Horizon implications.

Battle of South Dakota, Jackrabbits and Coyotes both undefeated in Summit play, first place on the line. Also back to back meetings between these two.

Maybe (?) resurgent Oregon St. hosts Arizona, first game back for the Cats after a covid shutdown.

Maybe not quite as interesting, but Stanford w/ their first true home game since their season debut on 11/25 (let that sink in for a minute...), with a chance at revenge against Colorado.

The hapless Cal Bears return to action for the first time since 1/15 against Utah, trying to continue their march toward a winless season.

After making some noise earlier, Washington St. has lost 5 of their last 6 games (3 of them were OT, all but the 2 whippings at the hands of Stanford were close). UCLA needs to win to stay in the hunt for a Pac 12 Title.

edited--well dang it, now Oregon St.-Arizona is postponed

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow, 2 lonely games tonight, however both with interest for me:
1. I am rooting for Georgia Tech as I need them to assert themselves ahead of ND to lessen the likelihood of an NCAAT bid by the Irish and break their 24 consecutive appearances that should have been broken last year. And yes, maybe I am being petty.
2. As Natasha Mack is on the Wooden Watch list and I don’t recall her being notable in any of the 3 previous games I watched so I want to focus on her for my own edification.

no way ND passes GT
Irish last 6 are Lou x2, NCSt, Syr, FSU, Pitt
At best they go 3-3. 1-5 is not out of the question

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I need Florida State to get going and catch the Irish, now that Hoover sucked tonight against 'Cuse...(sorry, I couldn't resist ;))

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Penn St. beat Nebraska 85-74. Okay @DefenseBB , you can put the Huskers' coach back on the hot seat now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I need Florida State to get going and catch the Irish, now that Hoover sucked tonight against 'Cuse...(sorry, I couldn't resist ;))
Well they beat UNC today, which will make both you and @triaddukefan happy.

Wow, year 2 for Banghart is not going well.

Reaction Score
Kourtney Weber (#2 scorer) was out for Florida State and they still beat North Carolina easily. I was under the impression with Watts, Holesinka and the freshman class, UNC would take a step forward

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom