Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 1 preview (Nov. 9-14)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dont mess with them UNO gals ;)
New Orleans might give Chicago State a running for worst team in all of D-1.

The d2 team Texas played in its exhibition game (OK Baptist) was way better than UNO.

Reaction Score

The d2 team Texas played in its exhibition game (OK Baptist) was way better than UNO.
I am honestly not sure how they got that bad.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Chicago St. will not give up that title easily!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I am honestly not sure how they got that bad.
They lost their exhibition game to d2 West Alabama by 20 points.

For whatever reason they've had some serious roster turnover. On the broadcast they said that their entire roster consists of 8 new players and 8 players with only 1 year on the team. That's it.

Reaction Score
Baylor playing like they are some 3 point shooting team. 12 of the first 18 shots are from 3 lol

Reaction Score
UCF 68 Duquesne 39

Not sure how much it means as Duquesne was missing a few starters and UCF was only up 24-22 at the half but the defense locked down in the second half. Now on to Tennessee.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Michigan needed OT to beat IUPUI.
As I posted in the other thread, it appears as if their starting PG Amy Dilk tore her ACL at the very beginning of the game.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Michigan needed OT to beat IUPUI.
To be fair IUPUI is picked to win the Horizon league (Green Bay, Milwaukee) so this team is legitimate and was on my top 33 teams under top 25 consideration.

Reaction Score
Baylor only playing 7 tonight?

Smith with 1 rebound, but Egbo having a string gane.

How do they look?

Reaction Score
Baylor is shooting wayyy too many threes and horrible defense. It looks like they’re doing anything they want.

Plebe

Reaction Score
As I posted in the other thread, it appears as if their starting PG Amy Dilk tore her ACL at the very beginning of the game.
No! I can't with all these injuries. :(

I suspected something bad had happened because there were too many zeros in her stat line when I was checking the score.

Reaction Score
Baylor is shooting wayyy too many threes and horrible defense. It looks like they’re doing anything they want.
I watched just a small bit earlier, I was shocked at the amount of 3's they were launching. Defense isnt the same but I dont know what Nicki's style is exactly.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Man, if Sjerven could make some free throws, South Dakota might pull it off against Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
TX St gave it a good run but falls short

Baylor wins 77-70 final. Texas may end up winning the Big 12 this year, first games are tough to judge but I would have concerns if I was Baylor. If the coach has a pulse you ride Smith and Egbo this season mostly.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm not drinking the Baylor Koolaid. I love Smith, but losing Kim is big, add in a few transfers and I think they're outside the top ten.

South Dakota couldn't quite pull it off at the end. South Carolina Friday night. The Coyotes played the Gamecocks tight last year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It got slapped w/ an asterisk from another poster because of a poor opponent, but I was really impressed w/ Aaronette Vonleh's debut for Arizona tonight. One time top 40 or so recruit plummeted all the way down to #100 in the last Hoopgurlz ratings for the '21 class. She entered the game well into Q2 and got into double figures almost immediately, going 5-5. Sat on the bench again for much of the second half, but finished w/ 14 on 7-8 shooting and had 6 rebounds. She's big bodied but mobile, moves her feet well, really good hands. Some of those things are hard to teach. She also appeared to have a good feel for the game. And while all but one of her shots were layups, plenty of players struggle to convert bunnies on a regular basis. If there really are 99 better freshmen...well there aren't, I'll guarantee it.

Arizona struggled in Q1, then blew the game wide open. None of their transfer players really wowed me, but I expect more from them as the season goes on, especially Love from Vandy.

Reaction Score
I watched some of the Baylor game and just saw the final score and box score. This was their first game so I can let off a little bit, but if this is any indication, Baylor will be in for the long haul throughout the season. 4-25 from 3 and only one player shooting above 30% from 3 is playing with fire, which also is the complete opposite of Mulkey's trademark "pound it in the paint" and midrange style offense. Maybe those shooting numbers will improve, but they are going to have to in order to compete with the non Texas State/North Texas Prairie A&M schools.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I watched some of the Baylor game and just saw the final score and box score. This was their first game so I can let off a little bit, but if this is any indication, Baylor will be in for the long haul throughout the season. 4-25 from 3 and only one player shooting above 30% from 3 is playing with fire, which also is the complete opposite of Mulkey's trademark "pound it in the paint" and midrange style offense. Maybe those shooting numbers will improve, but they are going to have to in order to compete with the non Texas State/North Texas Prairie A&M schools.
I didn't see this game, but why in the world are they taking 25 threes when the two best players on the team are Smith and Egbo??

Reaction Score
I didn't see this game, but why in the world are they taking 25 threes when the two best players on the team are Smith and Egbo??
Your guess is as good as mine. The announcers mentioned early in the game that Collen has given players the green light to launch the 3, which is interesting because that is really not the system that Mulkey recruited those players for. Their success should come with running the offense through the post with Egbo and Smith because that is one of the best post duos in the country.

Edit: besides A'sberry and Gillespie, the returning players and Lewis were coming in under Mulkey's system

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom