Week 1 - other games thread | The Boneyard

Week 1 - other games thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
What are some of the other games people will be watching this weekend?

I have to admit I will have my eye on the locals.

In no particular order:
1) UMass at Tulane- debut of Don Brown who has brought in a bunch of transfers
2) Rutty at BC- whatever happens here I am likely to read too much into for years to come
3) Louisville at Syracuse- pressure is on Dino Babers… plus we play then next week so this is research
4) Cincy at Arkansas - hmmm intriguing collision here that will be use to interpolate much for both conf going forward.
5) ND at Ohio st- okay fine this is a big deal… and ND losing by 10 or less would be viewed as a victory (joking)
6) Utah at Florida - classic match up alert! Is Utah for real again, will Florida ever be Florida again?
7) Temple at Duke- loser is sure to do a lot of crying
8) Boise St at Oregon St- curious if Boise be that team again?
9) Oregon at Georgia - I suppose if scouting draft picks is your thing you watch this game. This can also be viewed as the beginning of the Phil knight desperation tour for a B1G ticket.
10) Utah St at Alabama, so if Utah St wins by 12 does that mean we are hair better than Bama ?!?!?
11) I tried to cap it at 10, but I have to mention the Penn St at Purdue game - Purdue has a good QB and Penn State has yet to get back to top form.

Also notable; checking in on CT boys Van Dyke in Miami and Levis in Kentucky

Reaction Score
Makes me feel even better about my bet on Purdue +4
Tough to say the final result. So many new players on both teams. Home field advantage should be worth 3 points but Penn State loaded on D

Reaction Score
Tough to say the final result. So many new players on both teams. Home field advantage should be worth 3 points but Penn State loaded on D

No doubt. Jeff Brohm has a good track record in these big home games since he has been at Purdue so that’s more of what I was riding with. Penn State could very well cover easily because of the D and the key players Purdue has to replace at WR. Should be a fun one regardless.

Reaction Score
Brohm and his brother have definitely elevated Purdue performance. Very innovative offensive schemes

Reaction Score
Tennessee is killing Ball State. Maybe thats good news for us.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They said the crowd is 40% WVU fans. Bought season tix for the one game
Penn St fans do that when the game is in Pgh. Another thing that's fairly unique to regional rivalries.

Wife is at the Brawl, I imagine she's freaking out that it's tied in 4th.

Reaction Score
Lots of UConn fans wanted Joe Moorhead as HC. Let's see how he's doing...
1662085263933.png

Wow. That was almost really bad.

Reaction Score
They said the crowd is 40% WVU fans. Bought season tix for the one game
Worked with a tech support guy today who was based in West Virginia. He claimed 60 percent would be WVU fans.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Lots of UConn fans wanted Joe Moorhead as HC. Let's see how he's doing... View attachment 78773
Wow. That was almost really bad.
Akron has been almost as bad as we’ve been. Moorhead will get it turned around - and I’m definitely not gloating until a positive result against CCSU is in the rearview!

Reaction Score
Future opponent Fresno State on FS1 right now. Scoreless early but Fresno in the red zone 9:30 to go in the 1st.

Reaction Score
Future opponent Fresno State on FS1 right now. Scoreless early but Fresno in the red zone 9:30 to go in the 1st.
Sure. Frenso opens at home again, but at night this year. People even have long sleeves on. Jeesh.

Reaction Score
Would have been a brutal loss for Pitt with 14 starters back from an ACC title team and more hype around the program than I can remember.

If only Neal Brown had ended the game when he had the chance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom