Wecome Richard Lagow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wecome Richard Lagow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i dont see anything wrong forte. all he is saying is hes going to do the camps he signed up for and as result he may land other offers. sounds like a well grounded kid who has high expectations for himself. i'm not going to let you and bl doom and gloom this one:p. i actually really like that writeup. facilities, classroom, SD etc....all the things we want to and lately are hearing. Especially SOS also is killing it!

should i merge this over to the recruit board or what?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i dont see anything wrong forte.

You don't? That quote sounds like a Cameron (from Ferris Bueller) committment. Tell you what, if this guy ends up in Storrs I'll buy you a beer at The Rent. I'll start saving now.

Reaction Score
i dont see anything wrong forte. all he is saying is hes going to do the camps he signed up for and as result he may land other offers. sounds like a well grounded kid who has high expectations for himself. i'm not going to let you and bl doom and gloom this one:p. i actually really like that writeup. facilities, classroom, SD etc....all the things we want to and lately are hearing. Especially SOS also is killing it!

should i merge this over to the recruit board or what?

all i'll say is i hope P doesn't stop recruiting at the QB position

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
all i'll say is i hope P doesn't stop recruiting at the QB position
i am under the opinion of this being a 2 qb class but wont go into the reasons as ppl here will hammer me for .

Reaction Score
Parsing every word uttered by a 17 year old and reported by someone who isn't necessarily a trained reporter is not worth the time or effort. I wasn't particularly worried by the quote, but you are never sure about recruits until the sign on the dotted line in February.

Reaction Score
Parsing every word uttered by a 17 year old and reported by someone who isn't necessarily a trained reporter is not worth the time or effort. I wasn't particularly worried by the quote, but you are never sure about recruits until the sign on the dotted line in February.
Ain't that the truth. My favorite quote was by the Levy kid we signed last year. He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "When I get to UConn I don't plan on playing any games." You can figure out what he meant. But if you take him literally......LOL.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the world of BCS recruiting. For a decade, we basked in the glory of knowing the under the radar type would not decommit in order to play in the MAC. All of these kids are, as BL noted, free to change their mind up until signing day. As we dial up in an effort to reel in 3/4 star recruits, we need to understand these kids will be courted by other programs thru signing day, period. (for the historians, have we ever started w/a class made up of entirely of 3 stars?)

Nothing wrong w/a kid who dreamed of one day playing for Oklahoma acknowledging that if they come knocking, he'll be gone. And I love the fact that he will continue to go to camps talking about UConn.

BTW, only in NCAA-speak do you "commit" 6 months before you sign a letter of "intent".

pj

Reaction Score
Not even close. But we're a long way from there this year.

All 5 of our kids are 3 stars on rivals. 3 of them are on 247sports and scout. Barone and Thomas are 3* on all services; Hopkins on scout and rivals; Lagow on 247 and rivals; Bradley only on rivals.

If this is a "long way," what would be a short way?

Reaction Score
I think that there a 50-50 or 60- 40 chance that this Lagow kid sticks with his commitment. He's definately a very good qb prospect and he has size, arm strength, and suprisingly, he's pretty mobile for his stature. Problem is that he is really under the radar and its not gonna last, alot of big time schools have been checking him out, but have not offered cause, he only played one year. (notice he's still gonna go to camps) As the recruiting process heats up, and if he has a good senior season, he's gonna get at least one big time offer in tx or ok, much closer to home. I really hope the staff can hold on to him. Reminds me of the te they signed Brannon Green, who ended up going to the sooners.

The staff is really serious about recruiting cause they are stepping it up.

Reaction Score
All 5 of our kids are 3 stars on rivals. 3 of them are on 247sports and scout. Barone and Thomas are 3* on all services; Hopkins on scout and rivals; Lagow on 247 and rivals; Bradley only on rivals.

If this is a "long way," what would be a short way?

Oh for goodness sakes. We will have a class of 20 to 22 kids. We have five verballed. How is that not a "long way" from having the class done.

Are you seriously going to try to twist every post I make? I would think it would get old for most to follow this, especially as I've said repeatedly I expect P to bring in higher ranked classes than Edsall did because he's better at it.

Reaction Score
Oh for goodness sakes. We will have a class of 20 to 22 kids. We have five verballed. How is that not a "long way" from having the class done.

Are you seriously going to try to twist every post I make? I would think it would get old for most to follow this, especially as I've said repeatedly I expect P to bring in higher ranked classes than Edsall did because he's better at it.

Wow BL, the question was have we ever STARTED with a class of all 3* not finished, stop being so damn defensive not everyone is attacking you on you RE stance. Could it be a possibility the you may have misunderstood the question?

Reaction Score
Wow BL, the question was have we ever STARTED with a class of all 3* not finished, stop being so damn defensive not everyone is attacking you on you RE stance. Could it be a possibility the you may have misunderstood the question?

Could I be wrong? Of course. But I just went back and read the thread and I'm not.

The question was have we ever started ... I answered that we hadn't come close. Meaning to start this way. This was a great start from a perspective of recruiting stars. And then I was attacked for stating that this was a "long way" from having a finished recruiting class when in fact it is. And then by you for having defended myself.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you.

And this from a thread where I had a nice conversation with Palatine. Proof you can't win.

Reaction Score
Could I be wrong? Of course. But I just went back and read the thread and I'm not.

The question was have we ever started. I answered that we hadn't come close. This was a great start from a perspective of recruiting stars. And then I was attacked for stating that this was a "long way" from a finished recruiting class when in fact it is. And then by you for having defended myself.

And this from a thread where I had a nice conversation with Palatine. Proof you can't win.

I'm not attacking you either, but here is exactly what was asked;

(for the historians, have we ever started w/a class made up of entirely of 3 stars?)
your response; Not even close. But we're a long way from there this year.

How could we be "...a long way from there..." if we are in fact in the midst of it or depending on your view, that it has already taken place? The end of this years recruiting is irrelevant to the question that was being asked. I don't believe the poster of the question was ignorant to the fact that recruiting has many more months to go yet. Still think you were right?

Reaction Score
I'm not attacking you either, but here is exactly what was asked;

(for the historians, have we ever started w/a class made up of entirely of 3 stars?)
your response; Not even close. But we're a long way from there this year.

How could we be "...a long way from there..." if we are in fact in the midst of it or depending on your view, that it has already taken place? The end of this years recruiting is irrelevant to the question that was being asked. I don't believe the poster of the question was ignorant to the fact that recruiting has many more months to go yet. Still think you were right?

I had answered his question and moved on. As I will do now. Please have a nice day.

Reaction Score
It's obvious BL acknowledged this is the best start to a class (on paper) we've ever had. It's also obvious BL was saying we are a long way from being finished with this class. Even if that's not what was asked, he answered the question, then expanded the discussion. That's what happens in conversations. If you don't see that you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Reaction Score

The question was have we ever started ... I answered that we hadn't come close. Meaning to start this way. This was a great start from a perspective of recruiting stars. And then I was attacked for stating that this was a "long way" from having a finished recruiting class when in fact it is. And then by you for having defended myself.

Counselor, you alone know the true intent of your original response......but I'm quite sure you can do better than what's up there in the bubble ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reaction Score
Counselor, you alone know the true intent of your original response......but I'm quite sure you can do better than what's up there in the bubble ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Carl: out of respect for your short post I reread my initial response. It was very poorly written. So never mind.

pj

Reaction Score
In response to gioff's original question, which I take to be about the quality of the START to our recruiting, ie these 5 young men -- we surely have the most talented first 5 recruits in UConn history.

As BL intended to say, there's a long way to go before we have a complete class. Hopefully we'll continue to pull in good players. Go P!

Reaction Score
BTW: BL - seems to me that if you hadn't felt the need to add "but we're a long way from there this year", and simply answered the question as "not even close"....much of the confusion may have been easily avoided. I wonder not what you meant, but why you felt the need to make that additional comment, and my conclusion as to why that additional comment was there, leads me to think that your response I quoted above was a sloppy effort, and I expect better from a Yale Law grad. :)

Reaction Score
As far as I'm concerned this isn't how commitment works:

"I’ll still be going to other camps and more offers may come in. Right now I’m committed to UConn and I plan on staying like that.”

http://connecticut.scout.com/2/1194180.html
I can see how we can take the negative position on this, but after I read the article I did not come away with that impression. It seems that he appreciated the staff's work and the fact that they really wanted him and that he was high on the list. He did not say that he would make other visits, which, in my estimation, would have been a red flag.

He also said this:

“I could tell I was wanted there. I don’t want to shove myself in to some place where I’m really not wanted. I don’t want to wait something out, then look up and see that someone else took it. Everything felt right, so I accepted it.”
Lagow completed his first visit to the Storrs campus by informing the coaching staff of his decision and then announcing his news on Twitter. He said UConn’s academics and the indoor practice facility were big factors.
I was shocked,” he said. “That indoor facility is incredible.

It was his first offer, but did not seem to be his first visit to another campus. I think that he visited Alabama.

Nonetheless, there is only a slight level of discomfort, as with all good recruits. We will see how things develop. We are attracting good kids and getting early commits, which is great.

Welcome to CT!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
If Lagow reads this thread he'll think all UConn fans are nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members