Wecome Richard Lagow | The Boneyard

Wecome Richard Lagow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
qb from texas -lagow
another 3* verbal. keep tucking P! boyle might have stung but we didn't waste much time getting a verbal elsewhere. beautiful.

LFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

side note-

get myers on board next and newsome with the 14 class going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
its 3* for 247 also. kid is tall and a rs will do him wonders putting some muscle on. good get for us breaking into texas with this class.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Listed at 6'6 220. Gotta love the height

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Good get for a variety of reasons.

PP and his staff have been able to secure verbals from kids who are more well-known and seen than what Edsall gave us. Now PP better start winning if he wants to be the coach by the time these kids are ready to commit (2014-2015).

Reaction Score
I was just looking at this kids highlights yesterday on Rivals. He is every bit the passer Boyle is and for a 6'6" kid he runs surprisingly well. Underrated to my untrained eye.

Given the conference shuffling, I like the kids were landing.

Reaction Score
Well, we have our QB for the class. To the extent you can tell, doesn't look like the first choice but, if you're committing to him in June, presumably this is presumably one that the staff is happy with. So that makes it good news.

Here is hoping to a productive career at UConn.

pj

Reaction Score
Great news. Important to keep recruiting momentum going. He'll have time to develop and looks talented.

Anybody know if he visited?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, we have our QB for the class. To the extent you can tell, doesn't look like the first choice but, if you're committing to him in June, presumably this is presumably one that the staff is happy with. So that makes it good news.

So long as the staff has a game plan with recruiting and they're following it. None of us know what the staff's ranking board looks like but like you said, if the staff is comfortable getting their one QB of the class out of the way in June, good on them.

Reaction Score
Dan didn't you say kids from Texas were mocking us on twitter... good to see P changed some minds.

pj

Reaction Score
Seems like a lot of schools out there use running/dual quarterbacks and the Texas schools who take pro QBs got early highly rated commits. Kudos to PP and the UConn staff for being willing to go into Texas and evaluate and offer players. Hopefully we got a good one. Welcome Richard!

Reaction Score

How many presumablies does it take in one sentence to put a wet blanket on a nice commitment? To the extent I can tell, it's two.

Reaction Score
How many presumablies does it take in one sentence to put a wet blanket on a nice commitment? To the extent I can tell, it's two.

I hear what ur saying, but no matter how hard anyone tries, you can't put a wet blanket on this one. Boyle was the first option because he was the instate kid and Imo, all things being equal you try to get that kid first. If he rejects you, you don't take a lesser talented local kid, you go elsewhere and get at least an equal talent. Lagow, is no way, shape, or form a less talented kid than Boyle, so he is no consolation prize. Look at his highlights and you'll see this kid has IT.

Reaction Score
Thirty three minutes and not 1 commemt on a 3 star QB commit from Texas? Where are we Jonestown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom