We should’ve won but overall it’s not terrible. | The Boneyard

We should’ve won but overall it’s not terrible.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
With all things considered this wasn’t a terrible loss. Anyone who thought we would stroll in and out with a win is delusional. I’ve been critical of Hurley all year for the most part and I think he did a good job considering two of his best players were out and this was a very tough road game at West Va.

We knew this was going to be a rock fight. I’m very surprised at the lack of composure our veteran players had. I don’t care about freshmen mistakes. They played fairly well. The veterans should have played better. Polley has one jibe and he doesn’t do it. Gaffney needs to learn how to run an offense, too much dribbling out the shot clock. Whaley needs to learn some offense post moves

We need Martin and Sanogo back ASAP. When we get them back and their healthy we are a very good team

Reaction Score
Losing a close one on the road to West Virginia.

Not having a real offensive game plan yet again was terrible. It’s becoming a recurring issue.

Reaction Score
I thought Whaley played very well, and plays world's better when Sanogo isn't in the lineup. While Sanogo is the "best" player on the team on paper, I fear that the black hole that he is once he catches the ball is holding other players back.

Ball movement and motion on offense has been much better without him. He's a huge plus when he's shooting above the team shooting %, but if he's off and he's not passing then he's a net negative as he's only a decent rebounder and defender.

Not sure if his unwillingness to pass is on the player or the coaches - probably both - but I don't think him coming back is the silver bullet. He needs to come back with more of a willingness to pass, and the coaching staff needs to integrate him into the offense as more than just a back to the basket threat. Think getting Martin back is more of the difference maker at this point IMO

Reaction Score
We need Martin and Sanogo back ASAP. When we get them back and their healthy we are a very good team
I agree we need them back to be a good team....a very good team is very debatable. We have holes even at full strength and our supposed great depth consists of freshman, a VERY streaky specialty shooter, and questions.

Reaction Score
The shooting isn’t on Hurley, but my god do we look like a rec team when it comes to
calling plays to get a decent look at critical times. Also our inbounds plays suck, we’re Always just content to get the ball in.

Reaction Score
The shooting isn’t on Hurley, but my god do we look like a rec team when it comes to
calling plays to get a decent look at critical times. Also our inbounds plays suck, we’re Always just content to get the ball in.
Literally. When we get the ball in I breathe a sigh of relief.

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me how many people forget how far we've come and lost sight of where were going.

This is not a championship team but I am fully confident that this is a 2nd weekend team and will continue to get better year after year.

Spoiled doesn't even come close to describing a lot of this board.

Wish we won, we didnt...but that was not a bad loss or a disappointment all things considered.

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me how many people forget how far we've come and lost sight of where were going.

This is not a championship team but I am fully confident that this is a 2nd weekend team and will continue to get better year after year.

Wish we won, we didnt...but that was not a bad loss or a disappointment all things considered.

It was a really really bad loss.

I don't understand why it upsets so many people to state the obvious.

Reaction Score
They were begging us to pull away in the second half but we just gave it right back every time. Bad reads, butter fingers, bonehead plays, we definitely should not have lost this game. We should be undefeated right now. Gaffney plays like he is running from the killer in a scary movie and Jackson plays like he is in his driveway with his friends after a couple of beers. I saw a lot of sleepwalking out there. Honestly, I just don’t get it. To be fair, we missed alot of open shots we usually make.

Reaction Score
If you think this was a really really bad loss. I feel bad for you as a fan.

WVU is not that good. They missed 15 free throws. UConn has a clear history not just this year but last year as well of letting wins slip away late.

It's a really really bad loss. It's ok to say it.

Reaction Score

This idea about “How far we’ve come” is so stupid and just completely irrelevant. No one is saying that we should be challenging for a title this year. We know the limitations of the team. But the majority of our players are playing well below those limitations and expectations. That’s not gonna cut it. And our staff is also coaching below expectations. Recruiting is great. Love it. Keep getting players. But those players need to be coached and relied on to make our team better. And it starts with coaching them up.

Reaction Score
WVU is not that good. They missed 15 free throws. UConn has a clear history not just this year but last year as well of letting wins slip away late.

It's a really really bad loss. It's ok to say it.
It’s okay to be wrong. You’re wrong. The only people who think this is a really really bad loss are on this board. This place is like an echo chamber of negativity. ZERO objectivity exist here after a loss. ZERO

Reaction Score
It’s okay to be wrong. You’re wrong. The only people who think this is a really really bad loss are on this board. This place is like an echo chamber of negativity. ZERO objectivity exist here after a loss. ZERO

That don't come here after a loss. Go watch youtube videos of rainbows and unicorns to make yourself feel better.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It was a really really bad loss.

I don't understand why it upsets so many people to state the obvious.
I agree. If we hit a couple of three's and put down some free throws, then it isn't a bad loss. But tonight's display of stupid stupid turnovers was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
It’s a bad loss if you watched the game and saw how we played and how they played. It’s not a bad loss at all in regards to seeding or whatever though..

Reaction Score
If you think this was a really really bad loss. I feel bad for you as a fan.
I agree with him, we looked bad and nervous. They play good defense, but we are the better team and it showed even though we had an off night shooting. We are not good under pressure. On the bright side, maybe these are lessons that will help us down the road, but to me, that was a bad loss because they practically begged us to pull away and our guys got really careless.

Reaction Score
That means absolutely nothing. Everyone watched what happen. You can gaslight all you want. We should have won that game.
That's not what gaslighting is. Should've won... absolutely. But you know we were missing 2/3 best players. And the wise guys had WVU as 2.5 pt favorites and we lost by 3. This was only disappointing if you bet

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

It's not a really really bad loss, but you can't possibly leave that game feeling good about this team can you? We might have the worst offense of any UConn team I've ever seen, and that includes the later Ollie years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom